redwings9

SJSC FYI

Apparently a neighbor called the township and complained about the shooting in the morning after sun up and the ordinance requiring a start time of 9am M-Sat. and 10am Sunday will be enforced. Cease fire is still sun down. Sucks for us early birds.

Just follow the rules and nobody gets in trouble.  Stockertown, PA gun club just expelled a guy for bump firing a pistol caliber carbine outside of the range lanes. Seems his rounds went through a house 1/2 mile away.  Now facing charges of errant discharge of a firearm and other charges with as much as 11 years in the graybar hotel.  Stick to the rules people or we all suffer.  How did they catch him? In the immortal words of Werner Wolf, "Let's go to the videotape!".

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nazareth/index.ssf/2016/08/charges_filed_after_bullets_fr.html

Before this get further off track no one did anything wrong. The shooting hours for the last 15 years have been sun up to sun down except Sunday. Only after the compliant did the township check the ordinances covering the range was it learned that apparently the time was always as it is now set. The range immediately complied and notified all members. Also this is a pretty out of the way place adjacent company never had issues .The complaint came out of the blue with NO ONE doing anything wrong ,just crossed signals that went unnoticed for many years........

• Like 1

Before this get further off track no one did anything wrong. The shooting hours for the last 15 years have been sun up to sun down except Sunday. Only after the compliant did the township check the ordinances covering the range was it learned that apparently the time was always as it is now set. The range immediately complied and notified all members. Also this is a pretty out of the way place adjacent company never had issues .The complaint came out of the blue with NO ONE doing anything wrong ,just crossed signals that went unnoticed for many years........

I was never notified, I'm glad you posted here

Mark , I got mine via email. I learned that they are going to recode the gate key fobs to restrict entry until 8:45 am until the word gets out. Wanted to save some people from getting there early as some mornings there are a bunch of regulars that show up. Regards and take care.

^This is why we can't have nice things.

I dont know how close the complaining party is, but i'd be pissed if people were shooting off guns at 7am near my house, as well..

He should have looked into the matter, though, before purchasing a home near a gun range. Not everyone is that smart.

Unfortunately "gun range close by" isn't usually a thing people look for or find out about, unless they're familiar with the area...

My parents got a house on Lake Champlain in Vermont...  Gun club is 5 mins away... We all thought it's a great thing.

There are no homes within a few miles of the range. The complainant must be 2 miles down range. I am very familiar with the woods beyond the SJSC.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Apparently the Winslow Twp Ordinance (Chapter 225) that governs open hours of ranges and galleries within the twp predates the establishment of SJSC (2002)

While John Aducat was alive, he managed to ignore those rules.

Now that he's gone (G-d rest his soul) the twp is coming down on the side of enforcement.

Sucks because the Sunday high power matches will now be delayed by an hour

There are no homes within a few miles of the range. The complainant must be 2 miles down range. I am very familiar with the woods beyond the SJSC.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Then i stand corrected. I don't know how much you can hear from 2 miles away, but i know at Range 14 once you're back on the main road you barely hear anything, unless its the military using the ranges, but that is because they are shooting 50cal machine guns and such. And we're talking about probably not even half a mile..

There will always be people that complain.

I've had people bitch at me at home because i closed my car door late at night coming home from work.

My parents deal with the township and PD on a regular basis because we have too many cars, or too many unregistered vehicles (snowmobiles on the driveway, which are all registered and insured.. still had to go to court to prove that, though, and pay a lawyer, of course), or a trailer parked in the street, or whatever. That is in East Brunswick. I feel bad for the township because they are for the most part nice people, and as red-necky as my family is, there are still worse people out there... but, when they get a call from a neighbor, they HAVE to go...

Doesn't help that i slept with the neighbors daughter for a few months, either.. without them knowing what we were doing... they didn't like her sneaking out to see me... :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha: