sroc112

Best stock AR under $1,000

Your best bet is to do a little research and find the rifles that are born in house and not from a marketing department.  Then whittle that list down by warranty.  Soon you will figure out the industry for what it is and for what it definitely isn't.

So....

A few weeks ago the guys from Modern Materiel got in touch with me, they wanted me to check out their rifles. They ended up coming to the range during one of our SWAT drills and brought two of their rifles for us to try out. (As well as a couple of tricked out Glocks with some very well done mods - stippling and slide work.)

7588319A-A431-40CB-A5E5-DD0B38A9523B_zps

All of my guys got a chance to put some rounds downrange through them. They were all equally impressed, and a few guys plan on picking one up.

They shoot as great as they look. For the price - under $1k - they have some great features -

Free float Keymod rail

Magpul Fixed Carbine Stock

Magpul MOE grip and Trigger Guard

Their in-house brake is very soft shooting. A little blasty to the sides, but as a shooter, you don't feel anything.

Not to mention they are NJ Legal from the word go. No extra expense getting compliance work. Even better, an FFL doesn't need to register this as an assault rifle in their book prior to making it legal and completing the sale.

That day the rifles ran flawlessly. Between the 15-20 guys at the range that day we probably put about 300-400 rounds through each of the 2 carbines without a hiccup.

Now, I don't have a long history shooting one, so I can't speak to long term reliability, but - I am saving up to buy one as a range gun. When I do, I will shoot the ever-loving crap out of it and keep a detailed log. I expect to be pleased.

Currently, I would recommend these rifles to anyone in NJ looking for a nice range stick for under $1k. I don't know about recommending one for duty-type use yet, but, like I said, I am going to buy one and find out.

Great review - what dealers stock them if any locally or do they have to be ordered?  I like the fixed MOE stock from factory as opposed to swapping it out on another rifle (which requires a buffer tube as well on the Ruger, S&W MP for example)

Great review - what dealers stock them if any locally or do they have to be ordered?  I like the fixed MOE stock from factory as opposed to swapping it out on another rifle (which requires a buffer tube as well on the Ruger, S&W MP for example)

I'm also interested where to find them locally, prices, etc.