orangesolo

NJ CCW Property Carry

If you have a contract with your name on it that says your a partner for what ever percentage than I believe it is your place of business. I don't think being an employee has any bearing on the issue. The only thing the law says is "your place of business".

Then again if you are worried about something have your dad get a FID, keep a shotgun at the business, and if your life is in danger who cares about the law, there is an available firearm, use it !

I forget the passage, but there I believe there is amnesty from an illegal transfer if used in a defense situation (I.e. You grab dads gun, which he stores at his place of business.) This does not allow you to carry, as covered already.

^Lmao.

I went over this same question probably a few weeks ago.. NJ Law sucks.. My father owns a property that i manage in Newark, but i still can't carry there as i do not own it. Not much i can do about it, haha...
The general consensus on here seemed to be to bring a 12G with me but keep it unloaded. I believe its still legal, being a long arm, as long as its unloaded?

It is not my business, nor my property. My understanding is as such, it is illegal for me to do so. I have a business that sells stuff online that stores stuff there, but i dont have a lease or anything. Even if i did, it would only cover me in the two units i store stuff in. The building is a storefront property, so i cant walk around with my Mossberg strapped to me on the street, though itd be nice to have with me in the primary warehouse in the back which is a few thousand sqft.

Well if anyone has an opinion on which lawyer I should talk to, please let me know. Then i'll report my new information back to here :)

To be honest, i dont think there is much of a point in paying to consult a lawyer. The laws are fairly clear; transporting to that location is illegal, as it is not exempt (not a range, your residence, or a LGS etc) and you can't carry unless it is YOUR business or YOUR property. If you are not a partner, you can't carry there. If you ARE, then definitely double check with a lawyer; they may want you to be a majority owner or something stupid like that.

To be honest, i dont think there is much of a point in paying to consult a lawyer. The laws are fairly clear; transporting to that location is illegal, as it is not exempt (not a range, your residence, or a LGS etc) and you can't carry unless it is YOUR business or YOUR property. If you are not a partner, you can't carry there. If you ARE, then definitely double check with a lawyer; they may want you to be a majority owner or something stupid like that.

Dont most lawyers generally have free consultation for the first time?

It is not my business, nor my property. My understanding is as such, it is illegal for me to do so. I have a business that sells stuff online that stores stuff there, but i dont have a lease or anything. Even if i did, it would only cover me in the two units i store stuff in. The building is a storefront property, so i cant walk around with my Mossberg strapped to me on the street, though itd be nice to have with me in the primary warehouse in the back which is a few thousand sqft.

A carry permit is only good for a handgun. A FPID is for carrying a long gun. But that is for another thread, which has been covered ad nauseum.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

A carry permit is only good for a handgun. A FPID is for carrying a long gun. But that is for another thread, which has been covered ad nauseum.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

So i can legally prance around Newark with my AR15, locked and loaded, strapped to my back?

I've got a feeling that wouldn't end too well.

As far as the lawyer thing, i believe the free consultation would be if you were looking to sue someone, etc..

I doubt theyd bother looking into NJ gun law (and, as stated, the VAST majority know jack **** about NJ gun law, besides for a handful that are mentioned on these forums) just to give you a free consultation that they KNOW won't lead them to making any money.

They only do so when they have something to gain; and i don't blame them... I hate having to answer peoples 500 questions only to have them offer 20% of my asking price on an item..

• Like 1

^ that's interesting to know, thanks. I always thought it was illegal but obviously still showed my wife how a gun works because if it hits the fan you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ok, I had to review all the relevant sections of 2C, but haven't found what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I may have lead you astray.

Anyway, here goes...

I'm tired and overworked lately, so I may have been thinking of 2C:39-5 g.(1) and 2C:39-5 g.(2) where it states that temporary possession is not unlawful possession. Unfortunately, that temporary possession under 2C:58-3.2 is not unlawful because it's for target practice.

I'll keep reading for what I thought was the relevant passage, but don't let your wife shoot any intruders until then...ok?

I think this is related -- if not point me elsewhere.

What about having a firearm on church property? I am a trustee of the corporation... viewed the same as an owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO, sorry!  Unless of course you have a legal document showing your "significant percentage of ownership" naming YOU as a part-owner of The Very Big Corporation, Inc (the Church).  Every member of a Church is technically NOT an "Owner".  As the Vice President of NJ's busiest Second Amendment Organization (CNJFO), I'm also a Trustee and sit on its' Board of Trustees.  The Trustees don't OWN the Non-Profit Corporation, as by law we can't become Shareholders.  We merely MANAGE it, making the necessary fiduciary decisions that enable the corporation to grow and proper :) .

• Like 1

NO, sorry! Unless of course you have a legal document showing your "significant percentage of ownership" naming YOU as a part-owner of The Very Big Corporation, Inc (the Church). Every member of a Church is technically NOT an "Owner". As the Vice President of NJ's busiest Second Amendment Organization (CNJFO), I'm also a Trustee and sit on its' Board of Trustees. The Trustees don't OWN the Non-Profit Corporation, as by law we can't become Shareholders. We merely MANAGE it, making the necessary fiduciary decisions that enable the corporation to grow and proper :) .

Helpful, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1