Barms

Storm

Well if anyone is interested motor snorkel is having a 25% off sale on their tri fuel adapters. They are $140 now.

I need a link to that. I remember it was in the generator thread, but I'm busy as he'll today, don't have time to read through the entire thread.

http://www.motorsnorkel.com

The discount also applies to the Yamaha generators with the device installed. They can also be used for any small engine, not just generators. The discount is good until midnight tonight. The code is FLASH0816

Thanks! I have a Honda.

The one openly progressive friend that I have and her sheeple are mocking people that will inevitably prep for the storm. I want to chime in with, "I have plenty of ammo and an address list of all the registered democrats in NJ :) "

• Like 1

The one openly progressive friend that I have and her sheeple are mocking people that will inevitably prep for the storm. I want to chime in with, "I have plenty of ammo and an address list of all the registered democrats in NJ :) "

Wonder why they buy any type of insurance. Then again, its better not to engage idiots. Just smile and carry on. 

Who was it that posted instructions on how to install a interlock kit ? Was that Sota ? I want to install a interlock kit and the male outlet. I also want to tee the natural gas line and install a quick connect so that I can hook up the generator easily, perhaps deerslayer can help me with that and tell me what I need to do ?

My mobile home is in a flood zone but it's about 4 feet off the ground... Just have to make sure i take stuff off the ground in my shed and park my fiance's car at my mothers house. So, not so worried about the house flooding. Just all the crap in my shed and storage bin thing outside... Im right off the main power lines as well (that explains my recent memory loss), so power loss is fairly unlikely. If it does happen, i'll attempt to drive to my mothers home with my truck and hope for the best, haha. Not looking forward to major storms... 

Hermine was upgraded to a Cat 1 hurricane...

And it's going to stall somewhere.  Wherever that happens, it's going to draw in tremendous rain amounts in the northern and northwestern quadrants of the storm.  There's a piece of energy coming from the west/Ohio Valley that will interact with this storm.  Once it closes off, it's going to churn in place for a while.   It won't be a tremendous amount of wind but could be a bunch of water.  Hopefully the low sits out over water and rains on the fish.  

Hope you got your ball powder supplies in because it looks like Hermine is a direct strike on St Mark's Powder in Florida.  Home to most ball powders available to the civilian market.  Hope there is not too much damage.  The plant is located on the edge of a swampy area next to the Wakulla River that leads to the gulf.  A high storm surge will certainly do some damage.

Who was it that posted instructions on how to install a interlock kit ? Was that Sota ? I want to install a interlock kit and the male outlet. I also want to tee the natural gas line and install a quick connect so that I can hook up the generator easily, perhaps deerslayer can help me with that and tell me what I need to do ?

Can anybody help me with this ? Perhaps link the old topic or try to tell me what I need to do here ?

Can anybody help me with this ? Perhaps link the old topic or try to tell me what I need to do here ?

Don't mean to offend you but if you have to ask this question you are likely better off having licensed electrician abc plumber do the job. Likely requires permits and inspection. Talking about two utilities and works that if done incorrectly can easily cause a big problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Can anyone confirm that I need a permit ? After spending a few hours on youtube it doesn't look very difficult, other than the fact that my panel is in the basement so I have to go up with the wires to get them outside for the outlet. Also most videos show people putting a tee on the gas line from the inside of an unfinished basement and then taking it outside, but my basement is finished and I was hoping to put a tee outside. Is there any reason not to do this ?