Barms

Storm

Well, there's prepared and then there's prepared. I got lots of food and water stashed, but I like to buy fresh veggies every few days. They don't last long. So, when I see this stuff coming, I run out and get that and other common luxuries that could use topping off. Might as well go through the appocalypse in style :) I got some steaks for Monday, too. Power, no power, no give a shit, we are having steaks, potatoes, and veggies. Then hot wings :)

And everybody remember to check your TP supply :)

For me, water is not an issue, I'm on my own well with the ability to generate my own power. In fact the neighbors come to me for water when the electric is out.  I did it for 2 weeks with Sandy.  One of the few that never had to leave home,  Garden is peaking at producing veggies.  If nothing else I could have a pickle fest.  Made over 45 containers. Zucchini in every way shape and form, grilled, bread, etc.  Chickens doing their thing or in the pot they go.  Tomatoes, grape, heirlooms, yellows, they are freaking everywhere.   Made a 5 pound batch of fresh mozzie last weekend, basil is strong, so Italian Tomato Salad probably tomorrow along with something off the grill, maybe some moose steaks from a friend earlier this year.  

• Like 1

For me, water is not an issue, I'm on my own well with the ability to generate my own power. In fact the neighbors come to me for water when the electric is out.  I did it for 2 weeks with Sandy.  One of the few that never had to leave home,  Garden is peaking at producing veggies.  If nothing else I could have a pickle fest.  Made over 45 containers. Zucchini in every way shape and form, grilled, bread, etc.  Chickens doing their thing or in the pot they go.  Tomatoes, grape, heirlooms, yellows, they are freaking everywhere.   Made a 5 pound batch of fresh mozzie last weekend, basil is strong, so Italian Tomato Salad probably tomorrow along with something off the grill, maybe some moose steaks from a friend earlier this year.  

My  mouth literally starting watering as I read your post.

Who was it that posted instructions on how to install a interlock kit ? Was that Sota ? I want to install a interlock kit and the male outlet. I also want to tee the natural gas line and install a quick connect so that I can hook up the generator easily, perhaps deerslayer can help me with that and tell me what I need to do ?

They make heavy duty appliance flexible connectors. For restaurant use on things like gas fired deep fryers. So they can me moved out and cleaned behind daily. That's probably what I would suggest you use. https://www.culinarydepotinc.com/restaurant-equipment/gas-connectors-and-gas-hoses/dormont-1650kit36-blue-hose-moveable-gas-connector-kit

Yes tie in outside at the meter. Yes you need a permit from the town to add a gas appliance. The gas meter also needs to be sized properly to deliver enough volume to your generator as well as all the other appliances in your home. So a total load calculation needs to be done.

• Like 1

Any update? Was sitting outside in the sun today with an umbrella just waitin'...

Anthem of the seas apparently sailed into it like they are invincible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Robert_J_McHugh/status/772503975312527362/video/1

Apparently there is much puking going on.

That's what I said before Sandy. Turns out shit gets real sometimes.

As early as Thursday NW NJ forecasts called for 10-20% chance of rain. If I was getting a drizzle from an offshore storm Matamoras would be dry and Scranton cloudless. These guys were SHITTIN IN THEIR PANTS until yesterday. Besides everyone knows Sandy was a hoax. Those rides in Seaside were fake.

Reading the history of thread and the predictions made, made me laugh.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

It's called the PREPARED section. Not the "well it's 21 inches of rain just 50 miles to our east but that's the base case. So I'll just eat popcorn until they give me a 18 hour notice that a river will be in my front yard" section.

You prepare for the worst and be thankful for the best.

It's called the PREPARED section. Not the "well it's 21 inches of rain just 50 miles to our east but that's the base case. So I'll just eat popcorn until they give me a 18 hour notice that a river will be in my front yard" section.

You prepare for the worst and be thankful for the best.

There's preparation, and there's Preparation H. 

Ole Matt is going to blow through the Bahamas, come up the SE coast and shoot out to sea right about North Carolina.   We're going to have a cloudy weekend.   Everyone, be ready to get out the wind breakers!  There's going to be a mild cool coming!  Watch out.

Or not, then we could get some rain.  I'm voting OTS about NC.

• Like 1