Bully

Looking for a New EDC

I recently sold most of my inexpensive folding knives and a really nice fixed blade that I was never going to use. I'm now in the market for a new pocket knife/folder. I'm coming off a Kershaw "Blur" that I really liked a lot. Great little knife. I've come to realize, though, that I don't want an assisted opening knife. I much prefer a well done flipper. I'm looking for something that will fill a lot of roles relatively well. I much prefer a more classic or elegant handle design over something "tactical". Weight isn't realistically an issue, however I'd prefer it not be a boat anchor. It absolutely must have a pocket clip. It will, 99% of the time ride in my pocket. However I do hike and will be hunting this year so something that can go that route on occasion would be wonderful. Drop point (modified versions as well) over most others. Not a Karambit fan. Handle and blade materiel are of relatively little consequence. 52-100 would be awesome however it's fairly hard to find in anything other than the Spyderco Military series which may be a bit big. So I'm open on steel. G-10 is nice but really not necessary. Decent grip would be great. USA made is a HUGE plus.

Budget is set at $150. As much as I'd like a Chavez 228 it's just not gonna happen.

I love pictures if you have one of what you recommend.

Thanks in advance.

What about a small fixed blade? I got away from folders a few years ago and love my fixed blade. I have a bark river north star as my EDC. I pocket carry it (I work in a school) in an aftermarket pocket Sheth and it's not uncomfortable at all. I dident want a tactical knife either so I went with the water buffalo handel and I still love it after carrying it EDC for the past 4 years.

I'm a folder fan for just banging around. Fixies are for more serious work. I have a couple that would carry but just much prefer a folder.

That's a beautiful piece tho.

I hear you. That's how I felt right up untill I cut a large portion of the side of one of my fingers almost off after the lock failed on my lone wolf folder. I do use my knives really hard so I figured a fixed blade would be a better choice for me.

Knife showed up. It's not what I thought it would be as far as the blade steel but I'm actually a bit relieved. The seller stated that it was M390 steel. It's not. An honest oversight on his part. It's the CPM-20CV steel. Apparently pretty great stuff. The reason I'm relieved is that if it was the former steel I wouldn't have used the knife and would have been stuck trying to sell it as it would have been a very rare bird. With the latter steel it went straight to my pocket and will ride there for a long time. 

Pics to follow.

And you carry that in your pocket??????????

I went just the opposite of you.  I used to carry a sheath knife now carry an assisted opening folder that has a lock. I need a one handed knife.

Chris - I've just resolved myself to go through a $50 consumable about every year and a half.

Chris - I've just resolved myself to go through a $50 consumable about every year and a half.

I wanted something...  nice.  I picked up a $30 CRKT to go with it as well.  Something small and easy.  

The Grip pockets well.  Better than I thought.  The Axis lock seems VERY strong and opens easily.  I had it sharpened by the seller and it's scary.  Mirror polish edge that feels like it'll slice me every time I play with it.  

And you carry that in your pocket??????????

I went just the opposite of you. I used to carry a sheath knife now carry an assisted opening folder that has a lock. I need a one handed knife.

yeah it fits in my very comfortably