So much negatively round these parts no wonder it is what it is. Guess y'all can go back to telling those kids with the skinny jeans to get off your lawn. 

Myself, well I'm going to fire up my old laptop computer and start emailing these assholes. Tomorrow I'm going to make some phone calls to them too. 

• Like 5

Theres A link in Newtonians post above, With A sample to use.   I prefer not to use A copied letter like the politicians will do that reply back with A generic reply.

It is A good one to follow though to make it your own,  I copied the addresses in the link to my E-Mail.

This is what I sent.

Governor Christie has recently proposed changes to A3689 that would grant citizens of New Jersey the same rights to defend themselves as citizens of 47 other states. I urge you to consider these changes and to vote to implement them.

The state of New Jersey is currently wasting our tax dollars to fight several lawsuits at the federal level that would grant us the relief Gov. Christie proposes. The changes Gov. Christie is proposing will cost nothing, and will increase the safety and security of all New Jersey residents. Why are you wasting our tax dollars, and keeping us in harms way? 

Approximately fifteen million Americans carry firearms in their everyday lives. They do so legally, responsibly, and safely. Moreover tens of thousands of New Jersey residents hold concealed carry licenses in other states. We deserve the same trust and consideration from our own legislature in our home state.

Respectfully yours,

I used the NRA link to send to my 3 representatives.

• Assm. Gail Phoebus (REP)
  • Assm. F. Parker Space (REP)
  • Sen. Steven V. Oroho (REP)

We'll see how this goes. 

Me two. But those three aren't among the throng that needs harassment.

Personally, I know it's a waste of bandwidth with the others.

Me two. But those three aren't among the throng that needs harassment.

Personally, I know it's a waste of bandwidth with the others.

I know where our representatives stand. Morris and Sussex County aren't the problem for the most part. We know those "problem" areas lol

We'll see how this goes.

They're all on board with the idea. You need to send it to all the other assholes in the Senate and house.

Theres A link in Newtonians post above, With A sample to use. I prefer not to use A copied letter like the politicians will do that reply back with A generic reply.

It is A good one to follow though to make it your own, I copied the addresses in the link to my E-Mail.

Sometimes when I am lazy I will send a letter someone else made. Or, if someone made a long argument or academic study I will send that. In both cases, what I will do is write a SHORT intro of a few lines.

"I want this.

Because of this.

This is why it is good.

I have some info by others that explains it in greater detail."

They will only read the intro anyway, they don't read a page of text. You send them a page or two they will just skim it quickly to see what you want and put a tickmark in a spreadsheet. That's why I like to make a short, concise point or do so as an intro. Well, they won't read it until I call them to follow up, then they will in many cases.

• Like 2

They're all on board with the idea. You need to send it to all the other assholes in the Senate and house.

I wanted to get those out quick obviously to our own reps. I will have plenty of time next week to do more in depth letter sending. LOL

Emails sent to my three reps. The observation i have though is that two of them - Jack Ciaterelli and Kip Bateman - seem to have visions of statewide office and, taking a pro position would probably cost them more anti votes than they stand to gain from pro supporters. I dont know Jack, but do know Kip. The last time I spoke to him it was at the counter at my local gun store. He's not an anti but I dont see him taking a public stand in support of this unless he sees it furthering his ambitions

42 out of 50 states are shall issue and we have to live like animals and beg for our dinner. Amazing.

Btw I got a letter from oroho today in response to an email I sent him opposing this legislation. In it he explained how he's sponsoring or authoring (forget which) a bill to overturn the FID, one gun a month provision, 15rd mag cap and basically everything from the ridiculous gun laws here

As ive said in many other threads here, there's always hope...

I got the same letter from him as well.

We'll see how this goes. 

They're all pro-2A as far as I know. Phoebus was at the meeting in Newton of the organization that will go unnamed last year. Can't hurt to email them but you have to get the democrats, the antis. You can cut/paste all those addresses into your "CC" or "BCC" field I believe.

Theres A link in Newtonians post above, With A sample to use.   I prefer not to use A copied letter like the politicians will do that reply back with A generic reply.

It is A good one to follow though to make it your own,  I copied the addresses in the link to my E-Mail.

By all means write your own but I suggest:

* Keep it short and respectful

* No preaching about Jesus, the Constitution, their kids' felony convictions, or how you can't wait to blow away some punk who looks at you sideways. They don't believe in God or the Constitution, their kids' legal problems are irrelevant, and actually using your gun is what frightens them most

* Mention the key points that 47 states allow some sort of CC, and 44 (I include Connecticut) are shall-issue. 

* No ad hominem attacks, nothing about Sweeney or Bruce Springsteen having a license, us vs. them, democrats suck, etc. 

* 12 million licensed CC license holders, plus populations of about 7 or 8 states w/ constitutional carry. Look 'em up if you want a reasonably close #. I used 15 million but it's probably closer to 20 million. Or 40 million if you count criminals.

* Don't whine or complain like a little bitch.

* Be respectful 

Just my suggestions. Or you can use the expertly crafted prose, inspired by God almighty Himself, that I generously provided. 

I almost forgot. Include explicit directions to your contacts on how to cut and paste 100+ addresses into a "To" field.

• Like 1

DON'T FORGET TO EMAIL OTHER GUN OWNERS. ASK THEM TO EMAIL OTHERS.

I know only 6-7 off the top of my head who are not forum guys but even five to the 3rd power is 125. Leverage! Like multi-level marketing. 

I fucking double dare all you assholes to tweet Sweeney directly and ask him how his CC permit is treating him.

"Just not for the citizens right?"

Sweeny has a CCP? If so, i'll be launching a facebook-bashing campaign against the idiot.