Follow up with phone calls. Pin them down on what they are doing to try to make this happen. Don't let them get away with form letters. It only takes a few minutes. In some cases you will talk to staffers but that is OK. Have your email in front of you to refer to so you can give them date/time (so they open it) and point out any necessary subject matter.

Assemblyman Robert Auth has actually responded to me a couple times. Saying he takes a personal interested in this case. 

me too. some as late as 11pm. good man that one

i love the activism here, but as was said earlier, it does no good to preach to the choir. eh maybe it does. if every registered firearm owner in this damn state got off their complacent ass we'd have more than enough support. i doubt that will happen though, so we need to take the message to the people. thinking it's time to have the various nj rights groups organize funding for full page ads, banners, billboards, skywriting, whatever to get the message out. i'd certainly contribute

Did anyone from the boards tweet Bill Spadia or Eric Scott from 101.5?  It would be interesting to bring up to CC on the air and have him put some fire under Sweeney for the hypocrisy, I know Spadia is a pretty conservative guy and he'd have a field day

I'm not on Twitter but this is a good strategy -

Is it too bold to email the entire legislature and blind copy a Jersey media personality like Bill Spadea and point out in your letter to the legislature urging their support, and also pointing out hypocrisy from Sweeney, et al? Does Weinberg have a CCW too?  LOL

• Like 1

Did anyone from the boards tweet Bill Spadia or Eric Scott from 101.5?  It would be interesting to bring up to CC on the air and have him put some fire under Sweeney for the hypocrisy, I know Spadia is a pretty conservative guy and he'd have a field day

Is it too bold to email the entire legislature and blind copy a Jersey media personality like Bill Spadea and point out in your letter to the legislature urging their support, and also pointing out hypocrisy from Sweeney, et al? Does Weinberg have a CCW too?  LOL

they were discussing it morning after christie veto

• Like 2

I support NJ becoming a "shall issue" state. It has been demonstrated that as other states adopted "shall issue" legislation, crime was reduced as much as 40%.

Over many years, I have from time to time sponsored shall issue legislation. Legislative leadership has not permitted even a hearing on these bills.

Thanks for your comments. Please keep in touch as your thoughts are important to me.

Sincerely,

Senator Gerald Cardinale

Good point on following up to find out what, specifically, they're doing to support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone from the boards tweet Bill Spadia or Eric Scott from 101.5? It would be interesting to bring up to CC on the air and have him put some fire under Sweeney for the hypocrisy, I know Spadia is a pretty conservative guy and he'd have a field day

Is it too bold to email the entire legislature and blind copy a Jersey media personality like Bill Spadea and point out in your letter to the legislature urging their support, and also pointing out hypocrisy from Sweeney, et al? Does Weinberg have a CCW too? LOL

they were discussing it morning after christie veto

Indeed they were. But I gotta tell you for two guys that went through the FPID process and own guns, they aren't really up on the whole NJ gun laws debacle. It would serve us well if next time there's a public session with a gun laws attorney, they would get a personal invitation to attend.

Indeed they were. But I gotta tell you for two guys that went through the FPID process and own guns, they aren't really up on the whole NJ gun laws debacle. It would serve us well if next time there's a public session with a gun laws attorney, they would get a personal invitation to attend.

D & D are also pro 2A as is Dennis.

D & D are also pro 2A as is Dennis.

From Deminski & Doyle:

http://nj1015.com/nj-needs-practical-solutions-for-residents-to-arm-themselves

I don't know if I agree with their "walk before you run" stance, but I appreciate that at least they discuss gun ownership intelligently.

I would contribute to additional billboards. Id love to see one on the way to Newark. If we gang up and advertise like crazy as well as get a few folks together as a face for the movement we have a shot. Im talking about 'your average joe' suit and tie type people that youd never guess owned a firearm, let alone that want to carry. Thatll appeal much more to them than a redneck sister-fuckin' looking guy.

Done.  Emails sent to both the Assembly and the Senate members.  I added a couple of sentences about how being a husband and father in NJ I shouldn't feel like a crime waiting to happen while the criminals have no problem arming themselves.  I will try to follow up with phone calls early next week as well.  I know I shouldn't get excited about this.  I'm sure they're just going to let this bill die now....But damn, I really am just a little bit excited!  Setting myself up for disappointment again I'm sure.  Not sure I could ever be as disappointed as I was when the SCOTUS declined to hear the Drake case but I guess I'm an eternal optimist.  Its gotta work one of these times doesn't it??

They're all pro-2A as far as I know. Phoebus was at the meeting in Newton of the organization that will go unnamed last year. Can't hurt to email them but you have to get the democrats, the antis. You can cut/paste all those addresses into your "CC" or "BCC" field I believe.

they all have guns and shoot regularly...

me too. some as late as 11pm. good man that one

i love the activism here, but as was said earlier, it does no good to preach to the choir. eh maybe it does. if every registered firearm owner in this damn state got off their complacent ass we'd have more than enough support. i doubt that will happen though, so we need to take the message to the people. thinking it's time to have the various nj rights groups organize funding for full page ads, banners, billboards, skywriting, whatever to get the message out. i'd certainly contribute

CNJFO is raising money for another billboard project RIGHT NOW!  We want to put-up a billboard in Sweeney's district and Weinberg's district too!

Go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com/donate to make the next billboard happen.  Go to:  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com to see our "Charlie the Perp" billboard.  Go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us to join!

THANKS!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice president

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

The only way to win is by legal action by bringing them kicking and screaming to the table - vote them out of office and replace them with those that have the people's best interests at heart - or revolution.

^^^ I've said this before. Campaign away they don't care, change will only come if you can get them out. However, stop thinking of the 2a as the only part of the platform to go after. CC has set the stage for next year's election with the school funding debate where he wants to give aid by child not by district, thus upending the disaster called Abbott school funding. My apologies if you live in one of the 31 districts but it's been the biggest ripoff in tax payer history.

These dems that support that funding method will have to explain to their constituencies that they support aid for their towns of about 1000 / child but the Gold Coast of Jersey City and Hoboken should get about 16k. This will truly transform property taxes for over 500 towns positively. Why not find candidates that will support CC on school funding and are pro-2a. This last bit on school funding is the best move the governor has ever made to nail down the money grabbing democrats.

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2011/dec/01/chris-christie/Chris-Christie-claims-31-former-Abbott-districts-r/

More than three quarters of a billion / year in Newark, what's the public high school graduation rate?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/politifact_nj_chris_christie_c.html

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/08/christies_fairness_formula_bordentown_mayor_joe_ma.html#lf-content=171531029:562472121

^^^Here's your platform because the vast, vast majority of NJ citizens don't care about your gun rights at all. However, classically the electorate votes for their pocketbooks.

I wonder if we could get everyone from all states to send emails to the Asm and Sen members. Can you imagine what would happen to their email systems if they received millions of emails from across the country every day?

They would ignore them and vote along party lines.  

• Like 2

When is a decision on this expected to be reached?

There's no decision required and none will reached. The assembly is under no mandate to do anything.

If they ignore ( and they will ) Christie's vetoing statement, then the bill will die and it will be the end of it.

But, yes, I wrote them urging them take action and I wrote Christie to thank him for the veto.

• Like 1

Score so far: one form letter response, one very nice response:

I support NJ becoming a “shall issue” state. It has been demonstrated that as other states adopted “shall issue” legislation, crime was reduced as much as 40%. Over many years, I have from time to time sponsored shall issue legislation. Legislative leadership has not permitted even a hearing on these bills.

Thanks for your comments. Please keep in touch as your thoughts are important to me.

Sincerely,

Senator Gerald Cardinale

As for my "friends" nobody has even bothered to acknowledge receiving my message, much less following through. 

Any other interesting stories?

I would contribute to additional billboards. Id love to see one on the way to Newark. If we gang up and advertise like crazy as well as get a few folks together as a face for the movement we have a shot. Im talking about 'your average joe' suit and tie type people that youd never guess owned a firearm, let alone that want to carry. Thatll appeal much more to them than a redneck sister-fuckin' looking guy.

Wanna help get a billboard we already have up for TWO MONTHS moved into Sweeney's and Weinberg's districts??

Here's how:  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com 

DONATE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice President

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

http://www.cnjfo.com

^^^Here's your platform because the vast, vast majority of NJ citizens don't care about your gun rights at all. However, classically the electorate votes for their pocketbooks.

The only aspect of the recall I thought was worthwhile was that they didn't make it only about guns. The school funding topic is hot hot hot but wait and see, it will be labeled as racist and will fail for the same reasons as this email initiative. Hoodlum degenerate teens need more resources to teach them how not to read or add. That's why I now believe that the only way to drive a wedge between NJ liberals and their many pots of gold is through gun owners.

However even that demographic appears willing just to let things go. I almost feel like publishing the names of the individuals who have not responded in five days (including my three alleged pro-2A legislators) but who I'm sure have found the time to post pictures of their new puppie or last night's dinner to Facebook. 

I realize the vast majority of NJ residents don't care about gun rights, and in the future even fewer will. Seems that gun owners don't care that much either.