david8613

is this new jersey legal?

This might be a dumb question since anything cool in NJ is illegal... but is this jersey legal?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/caa-introducing-the-brace-equipped-mic-roni-stab-shot-show-2016/

Let me go out on a limb here and take a wild guess.....................NO!

Illegal.... Not 16" Barrel, SBRs are illegal.
Folding stock with removable handgun etc... Illegal...
That thing is pretty much everything our politicians hate. 

Just saw the ATF cleared it as not being an SBR.. so i have no idea, actually. Someone else will have to chime in, as its just a body kit for a handgun, NOT a real conversion kit into an SBR.. 
If its legal i'd get one for the right price.

• Like 1

A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at

least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned;

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

If it's under 50oz and doesn't have a flash suppressor or threaded barrel it's good to go.

If it's under 50oz and doesn't have a flash suppressor or threaded barrel it's good to go.

If the magazine is in the pistol grip I don't know if weight matters.  

If the magazine is in the pistol grip I don't know if weight matters.

It sure does...

A semi-auto pistol with a detachable magazine can only have one of the following; magazine attaching outside of pistol grip, threaded barrel, barrel shroud, over 50 ounces, or a copy of a full-auto firearm.

One of any of those is fine. Two or more, illegal unless it was registered as an Assault Weapon way back when...

So were are we with this?

Is it considered a firearm?

1. Manufactured weight is under 50oz.

2. Has a barrel shroud.

3. Has a threaded barrel.

That flash suppressor/compensator would need to be permanently pinned/welded.

If it is considered a firearm it will need to have compliance work done before it will be considered legal in NJ.

If it's a kit, why do NFA restrictions apply to the "SBR" model?

https://usa.caagearup.com/roni-nfa-disclaimer

Found the answer. The Obama controlled ATF considers the product a NFA regulated item after adding the kit to a firearm. :(

https://usa.caagearup.com/roni-civilian-pistol-carbine-conversion-c-g2

https://usa.caagearup.com/roni-stabilizer-stab

Those two are not NFA regulated. It's not addressed anywhere that I know of by NJ. The manufactured weight only applies to the firearm. That's like adding an accessory, albeit a large one, such as a laser, flashlight, or bayonet.

Perfectly legal and useless as far as I can see. As a previous poster said buy a Keltec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Keltec is hard to come by, at least it used to be, the Beretta carbine is ugly as sin, and I'm iffy about the HiPoint.

The allure is that it's a pistol with a shroud. It's more compact, easy to control rapid fire, and once we have CCW in NJ it can be carried on a sling. :o

In all seriousness it would make a decent choice for home defense.

The Keltec is hard to come by, at least it used to be, the Beretta carbine is ugly as sin, and I'm iffy about the HiPoint.

The allure is that it's a pistol with a shroud. It's more compact, easy to control rapid fire, and once we have CCW in NJ it can be carried on a sling. :o

In all seriousness it would make a decent choice for home defense.

I see the Keltec for sale at least once a day. Usually it is the Glock version. The Beretta version not so often. I personally don't mind the Beretta CX4 Storm, but it is at least 50% more expensive than the Keltec. I picked up a .45 CX4 Storm with accessories cheap. However magazines only hold 8 rounds. If you want more than 8 they are very expensive. I wouldn't buy high point anything. Personally I would get a Keltec it can be more compact and less expensive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk