SuRrEaLNJ

I want a new AK, but havent decided on what

I have the 2nd coat on now, I know I want at least one more coat, and will go from there. When it is all done, I will take some pictures.

If you want a decent step by step guide, i am following the guide here: http://wasr-10.com/how-to-refinish-AK-furniture

I didnt find the citristrip so I used the goof off spray stripper. I also used 100/220/320(350?) grit sandpaper. All in, I think it was about $38 (for everything I didnt already have) from Lowes. I got sedona red.

Fingers crossed it comes out nice. Everything else I did today fought with me to the end...

You really didn't need a stripper. They don't have many coats of anything on it. Just sanding, stain and lacquer if you wanted it. Looking forward to the pix.

If it doesn't come out right, just start over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my WASR with the Romanian laminate stock and the Magpul AK pistol grip and front handguard (it's still got the blonde gas tube guard - that'll be replaced with the Romanian laminate soon). I've got a Primary Arms micro red dot on a RS Regulate mount that's not in the picture along with a Russian sling (both taken off the gun to make cleaning easier

55DC27D7-34A2-40E0-9387-29A8B9A1816F_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's my WASR with the Romanian laminate stock and the Magpul AK pistol grip and front handguard (it's still got the blonde gas tube guard - that'll be replaced with the Romanian laminate soon). I've got a Primary Arms micro red dot on a RS Regulate mount that's not in the picture along with a Russian sling (both taken off the gun to make cleaning easier

79ED648E-BBDD-4B4A-8238-7A02ED7B59F6_zps

I like the wood, but not with the magpul stuff. Just me, but either all wood or no wood. (Hmmmmm, sounds familiar, lmao)....

Yeah, I understand. I have a love/hate relationship with Magpul AK stuff. I love Romanian and Russian laminate sets but The Magpul stuff makes it easier to mount grips and lights. I try to keep at least some wood accents on my guns where I can

I like the wood, but not with the magpul stuff. Just me, but either all wood or no wood. (Hmmmmm, sounds familiar, lmao)....

I gotta say, i was never one to like AK's but the picture on the 1st page of what looks like a magpul'd version actually looks pretty cool. Might have to pick one up, now.. Soon as i get rid of my M1A and Savage i'd like something like that and a nice bolt gun.

\thats basically what happens when you figure youd trust an ak action and 30 cal more,know you cant hit anything at 1000 yards (and have no idea where to even get a line of sight like that here) but want to get something more modern in the ergo department.

that being said i did have to go and get a more traditional akm and most of my other rifles are wood and steel kinds of affairs

im a fan of the masada and sig 556R in theory at least, in reality the ak fits my requirements and ive become a st. that one still needs a ong beleiver in the platform that one still needs a pin and weld for the brake and a flashlight. its airsoft clone that i use for low cost training, or atleast thats my excuse for playing has a shitty valken on a magpul mount on the left side mlok. i need to save a few bob for a decent lite for the real one

i have better images, but this is the best i have handy, these are all airsoft i dont leave real firearms within acess of a minor {/legal]

14222139_10210828193322887_1035052598578

oh and i guess while its there i should note i refinished the wood on the red one

Very nice!

Just realized I never posted the 'after' picture...

ak_sm.jpg

The image file number of this picture as taken by the camera was 4473, coincidentally.

and this is a crappy 'before' picture:

ak_10fcpk_ar.jpg