Sign in to follow this  
jackandjill

POSSESSION OF HYPODERMIC NEEDLE OR SYRINGE - 2C:36-6

I read the law. I find it interesting that in NJ it's against the law to distribute needles that can be used to take drugs, BUT NJ has programs where clean needles are given to junkies so they can shoot up without spreading disease.....

NJ, WTF.

• Like 4

I've used them to put a bubble of air in a rubber worm for fishing.  Keeps the worm at the surface.

I had a nurse friend who would "drop" one on the floor once in a while so it could be removed from her inventory. Apparently, they are closely tracked.

Some reputable medical supply companies require a prescription before you can have needles shipped to your home in NJ. Individuals sell these things on eBay and craigslist. I don't believe a prescription is needed in PA.

You can get syringes, without needles, in pharmacys for medication measurement and administration.

I read the law. I find it interesting that in NJ it's against the law to distribute needles that can be used to take drugs, BUT NJ has programs where clean needles are given to junkies so they can shoot up without spreading disease.....

NJ, WTF!.

I love it! This says it all! NJ, WTF!

• Like 1

Addicts regularly drive to PA to buy syringes. it is a common citation for paraphernalia to be stopped in the car on the highway back from PA and the police sees a bag of syringes in a CVS bag in the back seat and all the occupants get hit with this... Police cite this regularly.

This is rediculous. It never ends, does it?

I got a hundred of the damn things. They are good for squirting stuff, picking at splinters, poking holes in objects or flesh (especially sterile ones), etc. I even used the vacuum to remove and annoying zit once.

This is news to me. I load CLP in one to administer precise amounts of oil in hard to reach places (like the trigger bar). This state is bullshit

edit: idk there's something fishy here. you can buy them readily not only online (major places too, like amazon) but in stores as well. i called my walgreens and they said they have them in stock...i checked the site and they specifically mention that you can buy them without a prescription in nj (up to 10)

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/faq/questionandanswer.jsp?questionTierId=700020&faqId=7700001

i'm re-reading the statue and i'm interpreting it as saying it's illegal to possess if i have intent to use with a controlled dangerous substance. in other words, having one or 10 to lube my guns with CLP is perfectly legal, even in this bullshit state