CMJeepster

S2496 "N.J. senator seeks photos on firearm IDs"

S2496 "N.J. senator seeks photos on firearm IDs"

http://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2016/08/nj-senator-seeks-photos-on-firearm-ids-104995

“The concern was that it’s really just pretty much a piece of paper, that if someone was savvy enough it’s something you could duplicate if you want to go above and beyond,” Ruiz said. “I think is just an extra measure of security in the event the card gets in the wrong hands.”

------

Can ANYONE please show me a case where someone was prosecuted for using someone else's FPID to legally purchase a firearm?

giphy.gif

• FacePalm 2

FID should be abolished all together as it really doesn't do shit, but since we're stuck with it for now I'd like it to be at least the shape and material of a credit card. Just for personal preferences. Photo is w/e, it has your fingerprint on it if you want to get technical. I wouldn't care about photo TBH as long as it wasn't another added expense. The process blows either way you look at it. I'd actually take photo over fingerprint.

Don't forget to give equal credit to Sandra Cunningham (District 31), co-sponsor.

Sure I'll let them put a photo on it

Just vote with Christie's veto of A3689 so that we are a shall issue state, you can put a big smiling picture on my FPID then :)

We should all call Ruiz (973-484-1000) to point that out: give us CCW and firearms IDs will automatically have photos. win-win  :victory:

• Like 3

We should all call Ruiz (973-484-1000) to point that out: give us CCW and firearms IDs will automatically have photos. win-win :victory:

:clapping:

The FPID is good forever unless you move. I don't want the state to have any more excuses to charge me $60 for fingerprinting.

Can ANYONE please show me a case where someone was prosecuted for using someone else's FPID to legally purchase a firearm?

How do you illegally purchase a firearm legally?? lol.

Regardless, this is just something else that we would end up paying for, and something else that would extend the already obnoxious process of getting a FID.

• Haha 1

OK, perhaps I didn't make my statement properly...

Can anyone please show me a case where someone was prosecuted for using someone else's FIPD to purchase a fiream?

Probably nonexistent seeing as they require a Drivers license, so unless you stole an FID and then made a fake DL under that name with your info, you'd be SOL.

• Like 1

Newer one than you, but... FPID = Firearms Purchaser Identification card.

Can we get into the conversation about FID being long gun carry permit again? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :p

Probably nonexistent seeing as they require a Drivers license, so unless you stole an FID and then made a fake DL under that name with your info, you'd be SOL.

Not that it has to do with firearms, but DL's are faked all the time in the wireless/cell industry for people stealing identity and accounts. They steal someone's identity and upgrade/add lines to an account that's not theirs to get iPhones to sell either here or overseas. It's not that hard for someone to do same thing with FID/DL if they really wanted to. 

If it's free replacement and I have to go nowhere to make it happen...... I could care less if a photo is on it.

But I have one other condition besides it being renamed CCW permit.

I want a photo ID to be required to vote.

• Like 3