Kimber45

whats up with Amazon

Hello all. Anyone having a hard time buying ar stuff off Amazon lately? In the past Ive bought tons of stuff from Magpul stocks to Strike Industries forward assist kits and mag release buttons not to mention AAC and Surefire brakes. Went to get a few build parts and it slim pickins..... WTF... just some cheapo sights and slings no where near what they used to have... what gives... guess iam going to cancel my RA account with them if they decided to ban sales of ar goodies..... thanks stay safe all.

Yeah I just read that article.... guess most of the weeds have been picked out... just reviewed my amazon past buy list. The last thing i bought was an AAC Breakout muzzle brake. When I went to tab on the reorder button site said it was no longer avaiable for sale... same with most of the other parts I ordered... well thats a damn shame.... guess I was an amazon shopper... thats T Bill.... oh by the way the 300 blackout recipe you gave me works awesome... got about 2000 rounds made. Need to stock up on powder before the winter. Lil gun and H110 still hard to find in bulk any hints where to look? Thanks...

Big problem with Amazon is counterfeit crap. You go there to buy a Toyota part and it arrives in a box that says "Tayota." They have no quality control with stuff they distribute for secondary sellers. They do have a good return policy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big problem with Amazon is counterfeit crap. You go there to buy a Toyota part and it arrives in a box that says "Tayota." They have no quality control with stuff they distribute for secondary sellers. They do have a good return policy though

If it's not sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon you take a higher risk of it being a knockoff or B grade. Don't get sucked into the lower price from "other sellers" they usually make it back up in shipping plus no PRIME shipping. If sold by other seller and fulfilled by Amazon you still take the chance of it being a knockoff but returns will be a lot easier plus u will get yer PRIME shipping on these items. You can usually find these details on the page of the selling item.

look at the bright side. if they're stopping selling this stuff......it's more business for our LOCAL dealers.

Such is true. It's not like they were the Amazon of 10 years ago. Their prices aren't the lowest anymore and they charge tax like the rest of the stores. Sometimes the stuff they sell are even priced higher at times.

I'm looking at the internal wiki trying to see what the official policy is for weapons and parts. I can say the policy was put into effect in the month of June/2016. Dunno if I can share the rest of it but yes they have an unacceptable content, products and services list now.

Full disclosure - Amazon Employee

Full disclosure - Last day is on 9/2

Full disclosure - Amazon sucks to work for  :dance:

Such is true. It's not like they were the Amazon of 10 years ago. Their prices aren't the lowest anymore and they charge tax like the rest of the stores. Sometimes the stuff they sell are even priced higher at times.

For the longest time they fought against this, many high profile articles highlighted them fighting the state(s) sales taxes in many places. They caved when states started giving them shit for having operation centers in states that where they got tax relief. They were eventually going to get sued into high heaven.

Yeah Sportmans Guide shit the bed when they jacked up their ammo prices after the CT mess. Ao I havent done buisness with them since... I sent Amazon an email last night expressing my dissapointment. Not that it will do much but I dont think that will sway their policies.. but you cant say I didnt try......

not sure what you're talking about. i buy plenty from sg and get it shipped to nj without issue. same goes for amazon btw. 

From their Product Shipping Restrictions list-

Assault Rifle Parts and Stocks Cannot be shipped to Washington, D.C.; CT; Aurora, Calumet Park, Chicago, Cook County, Dolton, Hazel Crest, Highland Park, Homewood, North Chicago, or Skokie, IL; MA; NJ; New York City, NY; Canada; or Puerto Rico. Cannot be sold to convicted felons, those convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic abuse or chemically dependent. Must have no legal disabilities to order. Mail Orders: sign legal notice on order form. Phone Orders: review legal notice on order form and provide verbal confirmation at time of ordering. Adult signature and Receipt service available (see order form