InFamous

Joseph Rullo for Governer

The full text is available at ballotpedia: https://ballotpedia.org/New_Jersey_Dedication_of_All_Gas_Tax_Revenue_to_Transportation,_Public_Question_2_(2016)

Here's a tl;dr version courtesy of the Lt. Gov.

14721490_1256840867715775_65616167824330

ETA 11/2/2016: Kim G put up a fact sheet on why everyone should vote no on 2: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/nj1015.com/files/2016/11/Vote-No-On-Two-Fact-Sheet-Rev.jpg

Edited by Cereza

thanks for the info in the link. So If I understand this....if this lockbox gets passed it kicks in ANOTHER  change that allows the legislation to borrow up to 12B against it over the next 8 yrs? I've read the ballot question and there is no reference to that...thats what this is about? I'm guessing the authorization was some clandestine legislation?

thanks for the info in the link. So If I understand this....if this lockbox gets passed it kicks in ANOTHER change that allows the legislation to borrow up to 12B against it over the next 8 yrs? I've read the ballot question and there is no reference to that...thats what this is about? I'm guessing the authorization was some clandestine legislation?

It's built in legislation in the constitution. Something the people voted on needs funding? We can borrow.......

Let me make this simpler, Sweeney is alllllllllllll fooooooor itttttttt!

And he is a pillar of honesty

It's built in legislation in the constitution. Something the people voted on needs funding? We can borrow.......

So that's something which is affected for anything we vote on that would require funding?

The way I read this. 

1. They raided all coffers and spent all the money

2. Nobody would let them borrow without some solid guarantee

3. What better guarantee  than a constitutional "promise" of keeping future taxes in a fund

Sweeney loves it because it bring 12B borrowed money into "transportation" projects, which we all know are littered with contracts to friends and family

And in practice, there is no guarantee that the funds are not going to be used for something else. Transportation and NJTransit are generic enough umbrellas to burn money on pet projects. 

I could be totally wrong. 

The way I read this.

1. They raided all coffers and spent all the money

2. Nobody would let them borrow without some solid guarantee

3. What better guarantee than a constitutional "promise" of keeping future taxes in a fund

Sweeney loves it because it bring 12B borrowed money into "transportation" projects, which we all know are littered with contracts to friends and family

And in practice, there is no guarantee that the funds are not going to be used for something else. Transportation and NJTransit are generic enough umbrellas to burn money on pet projects.

I could be totally wrong.

You're correct

Wow we really hijacked this prospective Governor thread.

Soooo keep in mind that the .23 we start paying mañana ( I'm .30 diesel) is a percent number. The legislation has it built in, no vote up to .53( ish, somtin like that) to match a tax income number from last year. Sumtin like 1.2-3 billion.

You guys think they would be honest with you about this?

Here's the back stab us voters are getting- "Question 2 would amend Paragraph 4 of Section II of Article VIII of the New Jersey Constitution."  This is where the re-wording is done to get the 12B, This is not just some built-in legislation its an actuall change in our state constitution. 

• Like 1

Its simple we just went all through this at A town Hall meeting.....   ​VOTE NO ​question 2.

Where is Joe Rullo at with this discussion?  Its not A Hi Jacked thread if he stops responding and lets it die. It just became something else.

http://teaneck.dailyvoice.com/news/ncjw-sponsors-gun-violence-movie-at-teaneck-international-film-festival/686141/

Joseph, you should attend the showing of the anti gun "documentary", introduce yourself to Loreeta and take part in the "discussion". Perhaps debate her on a few issues.

I'm sure you could get some free PR out of it.

• Like 1

Best way to look at it is. If question 2 wins A yes vote it will now give the Trenton Cronies the perfect reason to say they aren't robbing from peter to pay Paul. As the public gave us permission to borrow borrow borrow . 

Its A hidden provision snuck into the gas tax going into A specific fund.

Kim G. is even against it. But of course she is only against it, So she can say she opposed it when she attempts to run in the Primary election.

http://teaneck.dailyvoice.com/news/ncjw-sponsors-gun-violence-movie-at-teaneck-international-film-festival/686141/

Joseph, you should attend the showing of the anti gun "documentary", introduce yourself to Loreeta and take part in the "discussion". Perhaps debate her on a few issues.

I'm sure you could get some free PR out of it.

The gas tax needs to be repealed and the TTF slush fund dissolved. A new transparent and efficient system needs to be developed to bring cost to national average. The fund takes in 950M and spends 1.3B. Many don't realize .18 goes to existing debt and .6 towards North Jersey tunnel. The tax goes to pay off debt that's why they are bonding.

• Like 1

Joseph Rudy Rullo, 47, a conservative activist from Little Egg Harbor who was the first Republican in Ocean County to campaign for Trump and is a GOP candidate for governor in 2017, said the best thing the president-elect can do to reach out to those who are skeptical of him is to govern well.

"There are so many issues both sides agree on including veteran care solutions, terrorism prevention, keeping jobs in the United States and crime,” Rullo said. “At the same time, he needs to immediately focus on more controversial issues included in his campaign like illegal immigration and securing our borders that got him elected."

http://www.app.com/story/news/politics/new-jersey/2016/11/09/trump-politico-reax/93563442/

While Rullo is a non-establishment candidate who backed Trump in the general election, neither Guadagno or Ciattarelli supported the now president-elect. According to early and outspoken Trump supporter Doherty, both Ciattarelli and Guadagno will have to face their lack of support for the president when dealing with New Jerseyans in the upcoming election.

“It is unfortunate that they didn’t support President-elect Trump. I knew he was going to win and I don’t know why they didn’t support him,” Doherty said. “Perhaps they should have said nothing. I think they would be in a much better position. It was unnecessary to say those things about President-elect Trump during the campaign. “

According to Doherty, Republicans could have taken a page from Democrats’ book leading up to the election. Doherty said that despite dislike of Clinton on the Democratic side, candidates and officials on that side practiced significant self control to not damage the party.

“You shouldn’t be throwing out fodder that can be used to hurt the top of the ticket before Election Day,” Doherty said.

http://observer.com/2016/11/doherty-will-not-run-for-governor-will-run-for-re-election-to-nj-senate/