InFamous

Joseph Rullo for Governer

If calling someone who faces reality a troll and blocking those who point it out are the norm for our community, then our 2nd amendment rights truly are on borrowed time.  

Get out of your echo chamber, otherwise reality will walk right over you.

If I lived in an echo chamber I would be agreeing with everyone else that "NJ is doomed", "NJ sucks!  It's just awful and will never ever change so why bother trying!"  "We'll have 5 round mags as soon as Sweeney gets elected....And it's guaranteed he'll be elected so nothing matters any way!"  Maybe I'm not the one living in the echo chamber.....Just sayin'.

If I lived in an echo chamber I would be agreeing with everyone else that "NJ is doomed", "NJ sucks!  It's just awful and will never ever change so why bother trying!"  "We'll have 5 round mags as soon as Sweeney gets elected....And it's guaranteed he'll be elected so nothing matters any way!"  Maybe I'm not the one living in the echo chamber.....Just sayin'.

I know Glenn is blocking me but I'm responding anyway.

There are lots of things we can go about "trying" in order to change life in NJ, for guns as well as other constitutional rights and ethical government generally. 

What I've seen is mostly pie in the sky initiatives that have been shown over and over not to work or matter. All due respect to Mr. Almeida et al but their lawsuit -- which I support -- is a very long shot. I would love to have Mr. Rullo take the oath in January, 2018 but is he electable? Will NJ voters elect a constitutional conservative, God bless him? On the far extreme side, bordering on La-La Land, was the Sweeney recall which sucked so much good will out of NJ gun owners who care or cared, who devoted their time and money and who braved cold showers on hot summer days. I won't say the effort was doomed from the start but you all saw how it crashed and burned months before it was to come to term. I think "spontaneous abortion" would be a fitting metaphor. 

Good old fashioned elections are the only sure way to effect change (provided you get the right candidate). If one candidate gets 12,000 votes and another gets 10,000 votes the first one wins. No hanky panky, no hand-waving, no legal maneuvering, no lawsuits or false promises required. I'm not trivializing the difficulty of actually winning an election, not one bit. But as I've pointed out numerous times gun owners in this state, at least theoretically, can make a huge difference if we just voted our interests, the same way the "takers" vote for their pensions and programs and welfare. We seem to forget that elections are why our property taxes are the highest in the nation or close to it, why we've given the store away to the public service unions, why fixing a pothole costs tens of thousands of dollars, why our cities are flooded with low-pay immigrants, why I can't give my beautiful home away much less sell it, and why as an adult with a fair amount of training and practice I cannot exercise a right that 300 million Americans currently enjoy. 

"Trying" is a good thing but trying stupid or non-productive shit over and over creates apathy and hopelessness. One legislative victory -- just one -- one tit-sucking leach voted out of office would accomplish more than all the emails and angry testimonies and finger pointing and failed legal proceedings. It would energize the tax-paying base of this state, gun owners especially, and convince them that legal, genuine change is possible with the tools we already possess.

• Like 2

Mr. Newtonian is far from a troll.  He is spot on and spouting some serious common sense.  How much success has Steve Lonegan had in this state?  In the words of Dean Wormer:  Zero point zero (other than his election as mayor of Bogota).  A dyed in the wool, "true conservative" doesn't stand a rats chance of being elected statewide.  I am very sceptical about the 1 million NJ gun owners claim, but if they indeed exist they have never swung and never will swing an election in this state.  A moderate Republican, or a "RINO" like Christie, is probably the best we can do statewide.  The real problem is the legislature.  Without getting at least one chamber under Republican control nothing will get better from a 2A perspective and things are quite likely to get worse.  I have absolutely no idea what it would take to accomplish that.

• Like 2

Mr. Newtonian is far from a troll.  He is spot on and spouting some serious common sense.  How much success has Steve Lonegan had in this state?  In the words of Dean Wormer:  Zero point zero (other than his election as mayor of Bogota).  A dyed in the wool, "true conservative" doesn't stand a rats chance of being elected statewide.  I am very sceptical about the 1 million NJ gun owners claim, but if they indeed exist they have never swung and never will swing an election in this state.  A moderate Republican, or a "RINO" like Christie, is probably the best we can do statewide.  The real problem is the legislature.  Without getting at least one chamber under Republican control nothing will get better from a 2A perspective and things are quite likely to get worse.  I have absolutely no idea what it would take to accomplish that.

You're a relatively new poster so let me tell you exactly what we could do to accomplish that. Before the 2014 legislative elections I identified about 6 or 7 vulnerable legislative seats currently in democratic hands. Two were won by a combined 300 votes or so if memory serves me. I attempted to raise interest in get-out-the-vote campaigns in those districts. At the same time I contacted several vendors to see if they were interested in some sort of promotional mailing to their customers in those districts. I also left messages with state and local republican offices. Nobody returned my calls or emails. At the same time everyone here was drunk with the fantastical promises of the Sweeney recall ("WE'LL HAVE THEM SHITTING IN THEIR PANTS!!! OMG!! LOL!!!"). Aside from 2-3 posters nobody was interested in doing the hard work required to turn those legislative districts around, or at least demonstrating that gun owners are not second-class neanderthal assholes. It was a tremendous opportunity, lost.

So the elections came and went and we lost even more ground. 

In return for coming up with something sane and do-able, which even if it failed would have made a statement, certain individuals here called me all sorts of names for not getting behind an effort based on -- I'll be charitable -- misconceptions and empty promises, whose chances of success -- measured by changes in NJ gun laws -- were a fraction of a percent at best. 

This is the fantasy land inhabited by New Jerseycus Calibericus Rex, the soon to be extinct New Jersey firearm aficionado, whose motto is "Just do something -- anything."

I'm not a new poster, been lurking here for at least 5 or 6 years.  I just don't waste my time posting all that much.  And I was pretty gung ho until the 3d circuit decision in Drake and the Supreme Ct denial of cert.  In my view that pretty much put the nail in the coffin in terms of serious change in this state. 

Newt. You know how to let things go when you need to, And do it well, So don't worry about the hits you get.

I can tell you guys that I am proud to be part of the group that was able to push to give Nelson Albano the non support and get A lot of his so called union supporters to see the light and vote him out.

We were able to Sam Fiocchi in his seat, But unfortunately Sam decided to spend his time there in personal pissing matches with Jeff Van Drew, which gave him his ammo to get Bruce Land elected.

So now we have the same old down here in SJ.  Van Drew and 2 cronies again.   

Yes before people jump at the 2A stance of those 3, Which Jeff Van Drew has always been friendly to 2A.  BUT! how 2A friendly is A politician who abstains from 2A votes?   An abstain is A vote for the opposition, Its just A way out for him to say I never voted for that.

It is looking more like we need to rethink our backing of our current State Senator down here also.   By the way He will be A speaker at an activity that I will be at next Monday evening and I will voice my opinion to him, Which is now most definitely different than it ever has been in the past.

Newt. You know how to let things go when you need to, And do it well, So don't worry about the hits you get.

I can tell you guys that I am proud to be part of the group that was able to push to give Nelson Albano the non support and get A lot of his so called union supporters to see the light and vote him out.

We were able to Sam Fiocchi in his seat, But unfortunately Sam decided to spend his time there in personal pissing matches with Jeff Van Drew, which gave him his ammo to get Bruce Land elected.

So now we have the same old down here in SJ.  Van Drew and 2 cronies again.   

Yes before people jump at the 2A stance of those 3, Which Jeff Van Drew has always been friendly to 2A.  BUT! how 2A friendly is A politician who abstains from 2A votes?   An abstain is A vote for the opposition, Its just A way out for him to say I never voted for that.

It is looking more like we need to rethink our backing of our current State Senator down here also.   By the way He will be A speaker at an activity that I will be at next Monday evening and I will voice my opinion to him, Which is now most definitely different than it ever has been in the past.

1.2 million gun owners.

Say 25% are too old or in wheelchairs.

900,000 gun owners left.

Say a third have to recalibrate their turkey calls on election day.

600,000 gun owners left.

40 legislative districts in NJ

450,000 divided by 40 = 15,000

Voter participation rate around 15%

50% gun owner participation = 7,000 votes

18 legislative seats were won by democrats by less than 7,000 votes

Many by far less

I'm being way, way too conservative here. I'd bet 60-70% of gun owners reside in non-hopeless districts. 

I rest my case. Time for a cold lawn-shower.

• Like 1

i agree with all of the above math. so do you know what the solution is? become part of said solution. run for town council, city council, county committee, hell maybe even mayor or state senator. get involved, very involved, in ways you haven't before. if trump and cruz and sanders taught us anything its that there's a swell of support from people who are sick of the established insiders. defeat them from within. sweeney and loretta weinberg can't be state senators forever. don't know how old you are, but statistically i at least should dramatically outlive them. once the old guard die off (or are forced out) we should be ready, willing and able to step in and lead this country in the direction it deserves. i'm convinced more now than ever that the only way to defeat the nj political machine is at the grassroots level by getting directly involved. it's incredibly hard (very easy if you're a billionaire, not so much if you're a common person), it's not for everyone and it exhausts a LOT of time and effort (esp if you already have a full time job), but those of us who are willing and able should at least try. i am...

• Like 1

i agree with all of the above math. so do you know what the solution is? become part of said solution. run for town council, city council, county committee, hell maybe even mayor or state senator. get involved, very involved, in ways you haven't before. if trump and cruz and sanders taught us anything its that there's a swell of support from people who are sick of the established insiders. defeat them from within. sweeney and loretta weinberg can't be state senators forever. don't know how old you are, but statistically i at least should dramatically outlive them. once the old guard die off (or are forced out) we should be ready, willing and able to step in and lead this country in the direction it deserves. i'm convinced more now than ever that the only way to defeat the nj political machine is at the grassroots level by getting directly involved. it's incredibly hard (very easy if you're a billionaire, not so much if you're a common person), it's not for everyone and it exhausts a LOT of time and effort (esp if you already have a full time job), but those of us who are willing and able should at least try. i am...

I'm not about to sacrifice what remains of my life to deal on a daily basis with the crooked assholes who run this state and county like it's their private miniature golf course. We could probably have CC in this county if leadership were behind it. Don't you think it strange that NOT A SINGLE JUDGE in this state has ever "legislated from the bench" in favor of our constitutional rights? That not a single sheriff has made this a campaign issue? That the political apparatus has never coalesced in any location to gun-friendliness as they routinely have in western Massachusetts, northern California, and upstate NY?

There are two ways to get big things done. The first is for one person to work himself into insanity burning the midnight oil, using procedural and legal strategies, and favorably harnessing public opinion. In a sane, ethical, engaged society with an independent press nobody should have to do that because enough people are already doing the right thing. The graveyards are full of forgotten, Angry Old Men with agendas.

Which leads to the second approach, of lots of people doing a little bit. I've already noted, many times, the cultural and demographic decline in the U.S., particularly in NJ and a few other states. The only way, short of total self-sacrifice (and even that is unlikely to work for reasons just given) to return to sanity is for conservatives to band together, do a bit here and a bit there under organized leadership, and vote as a bloc. It is the only strategy worth trying at this point. 

[Repetitive rant about turkey-hunting chip-eating beer-guzzling stay-at-homes postponed]

• Like 1

i have one problem however, and that is Senator Mike Doherty’s fair school funding formula. From every explanation ive had on this it seems like a horrible idea, and this affects me greatly as my wife is a teacher and we have children. Please take this opportunity to explain why you support this, and why it is a better way.

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Rullo. Reduce spending, cut costs, lower taxes and pro 2A, you have my attention.

The above concern regarding "fair school funding" is also an issue I'm interested in.

im still not onboard untill i see some clarification here.

My priority is cutting out superintendents to one per county. The same with redundant business administrators and assistant superintendents. Nobody disagrees throwing money into failing school districts is cost efficient. With that being said the basis of the formula could be used it cuts proposed aren't enough. With my 2 billion plus in proposed cuts and billion plus in revenue proposals, I don't see anything extreme needed if successful. Keeping in mind would need 4 years of Assembly and Senate gains for any formula changes. The proposed cuts in my platform statement with revenues are my priority. I am proposing to eliminate 1.3 billion in pension fees every two years to pay teachers pension not the NYC brokerage houses politically connected.

New Jersey lawmakers plan to vote on a 23 cent/gallon gas tax hike Wednesday. If you agree that they don't need more of your hard earned money, take action now: www.StoptheNJGasTax.com

Agreed! Stop the corruption and the misuse of our taxes!

Agreed! Stop the corruption and the misuse of our taxes!

I believe it's .23 / gallon based on a formula at the current price. I believe it can cap out at .54 / gallon if gas were to return to 4 bucks, or more, per gallon. Remember it's on top of the current tax. We have gone from 2nd lowest to 7th highest.

My priority is cutting out superintendents to one per county. The same with redundant business administrators and assistant superintendents. Nobody disagrees throwing money into failing school districts is cost efficient. With that being said the basis of the formula could be used it cuts proposed aren't enough. With my 2 billion plus in proposed cuts and billion plus in revenue proposals, I don't see anything extreme needed if successful. Keeping in mind would need 4 years of Assembly and Senate gains for any formula changes. The proposed cuts in my platform statement with revenues are my priority. I am proposing to eliminate 1.3 billion in pension fees every two years to pay teachers pension not the NYC brokerage houses politically connected.

You're the first political candidate in my lifetime who has proposed cutting the tangled, inefficient, redundant, wasteful education system. My wife's school has about 600 students. The principal also holds the title of "superintendant" and is paid for both "jobs." Five or six associate principles. Full time athletic director. What these fucking people do all day is a mystery. Easily half a million bucks of waste right there. My 1100-student high school in NY had a headmaster, prefect of discipline, and associate prefect, period. We needed both because it was an all-boys school :)

Keep talking Mr. Rullo.

• Like 1

You're the first political candidate in my lifetime who has proposed cutting the tangled, inefficient, redundant, wasteful education system. My wife's school has about 600 students. The principal also holds the title of "superintendant" and is paid for both "jobs." Five or six associate principles. Full time athletic director. What these fucking people do all day is a mystery. Easily half a million bucks of waste right there. My 1100-student high school in NY had a headmaster, prefect of discipline, and associate prefect, period. We needed both because it was an all-boys school :)

Keep talking Mr. Rullo.

It's how an outsider thinks.  Critical of the system...... not looking to bilk the system.....like a career politician is likely to do.

Excellent Mr. Rullo.

• Like 1

As Governor I will reduce property taxes, Veto all tax increases, cut billions in political earmarked jobs and contracts, eliminate state income taxes on pensions for retirees and add 1 billion in new revenue sources to further lower taxes. I Will dissolve the Transportation Trust Fund and conslidate all highway authorities eliminating redundant high level management positions, eliminate high cost earmark & specialty contracts tied to contributors.. It will produce millions in savings with shared services and purchases. I will eliminate tolls and repeal the gas tax with the savings from the new efficient transparent highway entity. I will also eliminate 1.3 billion in pension fees to NYC politically connected brokerage houses and replace with licensed brokers in the state investors division to pay towards pension payment. Superintendents and business administrators need to be reduced drastically. Instead of having one superintendent and business administrator per school district, we need to cut the number to one per county. By consolidating superintendents & business administrators, we can save $50 million per year by eliminating superintendents alone. And will work to also eliminate municipal tax assessors to one per county. I will fire hundreds of high-salary patronage jobs like indicted Port Authority’s David Wildstein, as an example, saving hundreds of millions of dollars to cut taxes. Help Joseph Rudy Rullo fix NJ and make NJ # 1 in all the right things!

• Like 3

We need the Governor to implement reciprocal Carry laws to recognize carry permits with other states. Having to Pardon law abiding citizens exercising their constitutional rights recognized by shall issue states is illogical. The time is now with a Republican Governor, and public opinion swaying towards second amendment rights.

• Like 2

How about if this is A serious bid on Mr Rullos part, We turn this into A sort of Q&A discussion?

We saw that he was willing to do this in earlier posts, Seems the mods were ok with it. But it hasnt happened.

I see A lot of offerings but for those of us that have been around A while. 45 - 50 plus YO Im talking about. Can see right through A lot of the statements above.

The Election is just around the corner, The super Dems are falling by the way side because they know they cant beat Murphy.

So WE need A strong candidate with A realistic agenda.

In South Jersey for those involved in the Party, We know who we want in the race. The rest will know soon. Once the general is over and out of the way, the switch will turn on for the republican party. Then we will roll from there as far as where we can really go.

That said, I'm not looking to rattle your cage Mr. Rullo, But I am saying, Don't derail your hopes with unreasonable statements of what you can or will do.   The party depends on the older generation in general for votes,  and the younger generation must be earned through truth and substance offered by the candidate that we choose to represent us in the upcoming election.