ChrisJM981

Steiner M332

Buddy in CT recently got one. I'll get my hands on it at the end of the month when I go up to visit.

He has limited time on it since it is so new, but he likes it. Says the glass is amazing and transfers a lot of light. Great for intermediate distance shooting 100-400 yards. Initially slower than a RDS inside 100 yards - but that gets better with practice.

It isn't really a replacement for an Aimpoint or other RDS sight. It is more an alternative to an ACOG type optic with its fixed magnification.

There is a picatinny rail on top for a reflex sight. I don't know how practical that would be on top as opposed to on the main rail, but it's there. I'm hoping eventually my opthamologist fixes my distance vision, but I'll let you know. :)

Understood.

You would probably be better off with a MRDS on a 45* offset rail.

Those high red dots are horrendous for estimating mechanical offset and you need to use this uncomfortable chin weld.

Fixing your eyes is the A answer for the red dot, but the Steiner is an answer for a whole different set of TTPs.

The only contained red dot that looks round to my eyes with an astigmatism is the aimpoint micro t2. Even with the 3x magnifier the dot is still perfectly round. I know they are more expensive then anything on the market but to me it's worth spending the extra money. Maybe there are deals to be had this weekend with the Labor Day sales.

The only contained red dot that looks round to my eyes with an astigmatism is the aimpoint micro t2. Even with the 3x magnifier the dot is still perfectly round. I know they are more expensive then anything on the market but to me it's worth spending the extra money. Maybe there are deals to be had this weekend with the Labor Day sales.

Thanks. I'll try and find somebody that has one I can try out.