cccpSIG

New Member - Union County

Hello Everyone, I've been following the forum while my wife and I have been waiting on our FIDs and purchase permits.

Really happy to report that Rahway was right around 30 days for everything!

Wife went with an H&K VP9 and I landed on a Sig P320. Two challenges we have now are what's next (each of us have 2 more permits to use) and choosing a home range that isn't too far from home, would love any suggestions! Been looking at Old Bridge and need to make a trip to check it out.

Once I get some more time under my belt, I'm considering some competition shooting... not fully decided on that yet.

Looking forward to participating in the community!

Hello Everyone, I've been following the forum while my wife and I have been waiting on our FIDs and purchase permits.

Really happy to report that Rahway was right around 30 days for everything!

Wife went with an H&K VP9 and I landed on a Sig P320. Two challenges we have now are what's next (each of us have 2 more permits to use) and choosing a home range that isn't too far from home, would love any suggestions! Been looking at Old Bridge and need to make a trip to check it out.

Once I get some more time under my belt, I'm considering some competition shooting... not fully decided on that yet.

Looking forward to participating in the community!

Welcome to the forums!   :hi: Tell the wife to stop by too.  :girlsmile: Kudos to the expeditious sheriff.  :imsohappy:

Welcome, Union County member myself. Westfield PD was right under 30 days for my initial FID and 2 permits. Under 30 days for my second application for 2 more permits.

I use RTSP in Randolph, nice facility. It's about 40-45 mins from me.

....choosing a home range that isn't too far from home, would love any suggestions! Been looking at Old Bridge and need to make a trip to check it out.

Old Bridge is great if you can afford it. There's a club in South River but I think it's like a 5 year wait list. Lake Island is about 15 minutes from you (not for everyone, but it's another option).

Get a CZ (75B, SP01, P01, etc) and thank us later. Fantastic, well made and little heard about unless you're into guns.

2nd choice would be a nice target 22. Affordable (for now) to shoot and good for bringing newbies to the range with you. And once your friends find out you're into guns some of them will be curious and want to go shooting with you. Good to have a 22 to start them slow.

Welcome to the forums!