SmittyMHS

TTC new pricing

They added a new member option they're calling 2nd Amendment. Its $275 a year and you get -

• Handgun rates: (Hour/Half-Hour): $5/$2.50
  • Rifle/Tactical Rates (Hour/Half-Hour): $7.50/$5
  • Firearms Rental (Gun/Rifle): Starting at $12/$15
  • Additional Shooter/1-Guest (Same Port): $5/$5
  • Children 10-17 (Same Port): $5
  • FFL Transfer Fee: $20
  • Locker Rates (Day/Week/Month): $7.50/$15/$25

This is a no brainer for my buddy and I since we go every week. Will pay for itself in no time.

• Like 1

... and it also looks like they dropped rates for the premium member:

• Handgun rates: No Charge
  • Rifle/Tactical Rates (Hour/Half-Hour): No Charge
  • Firearms Rental (Gun/Rifle): Starting at $12/$15
  • Additional Shooter/1-Guest (Same Port): $5/$5
  • Children 10-17 (Same Port): $5
  • FFL Transfer Fee: $20
  • Locker Rates (Day/Week/Month): $7/$14/$23
  • Discount on Classes: 10%
  • Guest Passes (Same Port): 3
  • Discounted Ammo/Accessories: 5%
  • Non-Peak Range Reserve: Weekdays only/Priority 1st

The place must be ridiculously high end...
4x+ the price of Range 14 and almost double the hourly rate?!
Wowza. I'll stick to my 65$/yr and 4$/hr to shoot whatever the hell i want. Jeez, youd think for 275+/year you'd get to shoot for free?

The place must be ridiculously high end...

4x+ the price of Range 14 and almost double the hourly rate?!

Wowza. I'll stick to my 65$/yr and 4$/hr to shoot whatever the hell i want. Jeez, youd think for 275+/year you'd get to shoot for free?

meanwhile those of us in the north are like wow thats cheap...

• Like 1

I go there once a week so its worth it to me. Might even be able to go more often now. I don't know if I'd call the place a "luxury range" but its not unusual to see BMWs,Vettes,Porsche, and even once saw a Mclaren in the parking lot. I only go during the week so I miss the weekend jam up. The girls tell me it gets pretty crowded. .

I go there once a week so its worth it to me. Might even be able to go more often now. I don't know if I'd call the place a "luxury range" but its not unusual to see BMWs,Vettes,Porsche, and even once saw a Mclaren in the parking lot. I only go during the week so I miss the weekend jam up. The girls tell me it gets pretty crowded. .

It's my home range since I live in Flemington. Really nice group of people that work there. That was my yellow Mclaren 650s. Maybe I will see you next time. Tage

• Like 1

Sic ride!

Will you adopt me? :rolleyes:

+1

It's my home range since I live in Flemington. Really nice group of people that work there. That was my yellow Mclaren 650s. Maybe I will see you next time. Tage

When do we get rides? I'll let you shoot my guns if you let me drive your car

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

• Like 1

I'll show up with my shitty rat trap car that's got more rust than solid metal, and body panels in 2 colors. :D

Pull up in the neon, that's probably faster then most of the "high end" cars there.

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Wait...so it's 275 a year and u still have to pay an hourly rage fee?

How is that a deal? Shooting for 1 hour handgun and rifle a week means an additional 650 per year for a total of almost 1k

How ya figure that? New math???

I'm not gonna shoot my rifle for an hour and then shoot my hand gun an hour. Its usually one or the other. If I only shoot my handgun once a week for a year I'll save more then $1000! At $5 an hour now I might go more often...and use more ammo...an use that $1000 up ;( Hey...wait a minute!!!!

How ya figure that? New math???

I'm not gonna shoot my rifle for an hour and then shoot my hand gun an hour. Its usually one or the other. If I only shoot my handgun once a week for a year I'll save more then $1000! At $5 an hour now I might go more often...and use more ammo...an use that $1000 up ;( Hey...wait a minute!!!!

His (her?) math is correct. If you sign up for the 2A tier ($275), and go once a week (52 weeks) to shoot your handgun ($5/hr) you pay an additional $260 over the course of the year. If you also go to shoot your rifle ($7.50/hr) once a week, you pay an additional $390 over the course of a year.

$260 (handgun) + $390 (rifle) = $650

$650 + $275 (membership) = $925 

It's less expensive if you go less often but I think most people here are interested in maximizing their range time.

Even if you alternate weeks (handguns half the time, rifles the other half), the total is more than double the average membership rate further south, which usually includes unlimited range time: 

$130 (hangun x 26 wks) + $195 (rifle x 26 weeks) = $325

$325 + $275 (membership) = $600

In either scenario, if you shoot with your spouse/significant other add an additional $260 onto the total ("additional Shooter/1-Guest (Same Port): $5").

yeah, its less than 10 mins for me and there is only 1 more indoor range in town and its private. Cheap to join but you have to come to a year straight of monthly meetings to get an invitation and if you miss one you have to start all over again. It would take me years to get the invite between my work and family schedules, sucks because its walking distance from my house. So I'll shoot at TTC when I have an hour to spare and EFGA if I can make a day of it. I am still very happy that there is a good public range in the town I live in!

Im glad they are finally getting their act together with pricing. I went there when they first opened with the intent to join, but when given their price sheet, i politely said no thanks and went to RTSP and gave them my money. The new pricing structure puts them in line with the other modern ranges in the area.  RTSP with rifle ad-on is 425, so 495 is only 70 a year more and you have access to a 40 yard range vs 25 yards. The prices are now getting to where i will look at them again once my RTSP membership is up, considering they are half the distance from my house. 

On another note, Union Hill Gun Club looks like it will be open soon and is looking like it will be a great range. Shore Shot just remodeled, Garden State is being run by competent people (the old BA sucked), all good for us. Now if SCFGPA would start its upgrade project...