SmittyMHS

TTC new pricing

Only bad thing is now they dropped the 1/2 hour port rental for 15$. It is only hour port rental now for 25$.

That was one of the main reasons i would go there. Im not a newbie. I will just go there to check out new loads or new stuff i bought. It was cheaper and more convient than the 1.25 hr ride to my range in sj.

I too am thinking about joining now that the prices dropped. I was there this past Monday to buy a Ruger SR22 for my girlfriend to shoot. It was MUCH busier than I expected on a Monday, I think they are actually doing quite well. They were pushing this new 2A membership to everyone.

His (her?) math is correct. If you sign up for the 2A tier ($275), and go once a week (52 weeks) to shoot your handgun ($5/hr) you pay an additional $260 over the course of the year. If you also go to shoot your rifle ($7.50/hr) once a week, you pay an additional $390 over the course of a year.

$260 (handgun) + $390 (rifle) = $650

$650 + $275 (membership) = $925 

It's less expensive if you go less often but I think most people here are interested in maximizing their range time.

Even if you alternate weeks (handguns half the time, rifles the other half), the total is more than double the average membership rate further south, which usually includes unlimited range time: 

$130 (hangun x 26 wks) + $195 (rifle x 26 weeks) = $325

$325 + $275 (membership) = $600

In either scenario, if you shoot with your spouse/significant other add an additional $260 onto the total ("additional Shooter/1-Guest (Same Port): $5").

The 2A membership doesnt really make sense for anyone other than the casual shooter who goes more than a handful of times a year.

Don't know who you're talking to. I'm there at least once a week. Nothing I see there that would make me think they only want to cater to LEOs. Yes the ROs are retired cops, and so are the trainers. But they're all great, friendly, like mined guys. They also support LEOs with a lower rate. Why wouldn't they?    

Not to jump on the nut rider band wagon but I also agree. It's a nice range with nice people and a relatively nice price. I go there when I want to shoot indoors most times. They have good prices on guns and accesories as well

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

That place seems to have an image problem, everyone I talk to says screw that place - they are only interested in cops as customers.

I have to say - it's easy to make that assumption looking at their website. 

I have to completely disagree!  I've been going about once a week.  Everyone there has always been very friendly and helpful, staff and RO alike, and I also always see a lot of women there.

A couple of Sundays ago my 2 oldest step-daughters were home for the weekend, so I took the 3 of them plus my wife.  It was the girls' first time shooting.  The owner stopped us in the parking lot and asked if he could take their picture and post it on FB.  Cute pic!

I agree with everyone besides Avalanche, TTC definitely caters towards civilians but throws all LEO a good deal. I see nothing wrong with that, the more cops getting out to the range in between their qualifying the better as far as im concerned.

I agree with everyone besides Avalanche, TTC definitely caters towards civilians but throws all LEO a good deal. I see nothing wrong with that, the more cops getting out to the range in between their qualifying the better as far as im concerned.

You bring up a great point there. I'd say only 25% of the officers I KNOW actually care about guns and shooting in general. Funny story one of the guys in my town missed a wounded deer. Like legit laying on the side of the road and couldn't hit it

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

tomk62, on 29 Oct 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

I have to completely disagree!  I've been going about once a week.  Everyone there has always been very friendly and helpful, staff and RO alike, and I also always see a lot of women there.

A couple of Sundays ago my 2 oldest step-daughters were home for the weekend, so I took the 3 of them plus my wife.  It was the girls' first time shooting.  The owner stopped us in the parking lot and asked if he could take their picture and post it on FB.  Cute pic!

Well that's good to hear!