Kimber45

hand me down rifles.

Hello all. I have a question reguarding a couple of rifles that were left to me in a will. The rifles are in Las Vegas now and I would like to have them shipped to me here in NJ. 1 is an M1 Garand I know thats nj legal the next is a Ruger mini14 in 556 synthetic stock with no pistol grip but it has a flash suppressor on it. If I shitcan the hider and pin and weld a brake that should make it nj legal. Last but not least an M14. Now the rifle is rollmarked US Rifle M14A 7.62 Fed Ord Inc. El Monte CA. The fact that the rifle is rollmarked M14A does that mean that is a forbidden weapon in NJ.... thanks.

Ok I might have found my answer in an old post. Someone just verify if iam correct. The mini 14 as long as I do not change out the stock (without pistol grip) and it has no bayo lug I can have the flash hider and detatchable mag. As for the m14 same thing applys factory stock (no pistol grip) remove the bayo lug which leaves me the detatchable mag and flash hider so that would make it nj compliant.. do I have it correct?

If a flash surpressor is the only evil feature the Mini 14 does not have to be modified.

The M14S is listed as banned.The M14A is not listed but might be considered substantially identical. The Fed Ord M14s are iffy quality AFAIK. Early ones with US parts were good. Later ones used Chinese parts which were not very good. I would probably dispose of it in Nevada.

The M1 and Mini 14 are gtg in NJ as is.

The models listed on the Assault Weapons ban are as follows:

Ruger K-Mini-14/5 F

Ruger K-Mini-14/5 RF

These models came with folding stocks

If you  have a Standard mini-14 (without a Pistol Grip or Bayonet lug)

you are allowed to have the threaded barrel with the Flash Hider, and it

does not require being pinned  / welded to be NJ compliant.

JT