nnjrescue1

Update address on firearms id? Online? At my wits end here

So I have gone to my towns records dept 3 times now.  First time was 2 in the afternoon, and there was a hand written sign on the window that said "closed".   Wait around 2 weeks for another opportunity - Ask work if they mind if I am a 1/2 hour late and go yesterday morning at 9 am.  No one is there.  The PD desk tells myself and two others waiting that she is off today, but will be in tomorrow.  They tell me they believe that change of address can just be done online (news to me, which I dont believe is true).  But whatever...I ask work if its ok to go again today as they told us she would be there.  Get there at 9 am again and through the glass see the same gentleman that was there the previous morning waiting, standing outside the records window again.  Walk in and realize that the lights are still off....Records is closed, again,  and this time seems no one knows where she is.  Gave it until 9:15...and left.

On top of that - the other gentleman was there to pick up his FID card.  Asked him how long it took and he told me 6 months.  6 months!  I did want to apply for 2 purchase permits as well but at this point If i am able to do the change of address process online I will just do that.  I dont think this is possible, but that PD thinks it is.  Anyone have any tips?

6 months will be 8 months if I cant even get the forms to the records dept in 3 weeks.

PS - I do also have a state police barracks in my town.  Should I just go there instead?  Or MUST i go to the local PD?  EDIT: looks like I have to go to the local PD according to this wording from the state PD website: "If you do not have a local police department or you are an out of state resident, you must apply at the nearest New Jersey State Police station "

Same 2 forms to change address on FID as the ones to get your pistol permits - check the box for pistol permits on the STS 033, as well as change of address box - good luck, your town sucks.

Yea thats what I thought and that is what I completed, printed, and brought with me.  

What a joke.  Anyone know if I can or cannot just bring it to the state police barracks in town?  Will they likely just tell me I have to bring it to the local township PD?

I see everything's better now that the attorney general has instructed all PDs to get on with it.

What used to be about a month and a half wait for an FID in my town has turned into "at least six months". They are saying they have a desk full of applications and that they can't get them done with Trenton holding things up. Taking the blame off their office and putting it on Trenton. The AG's statement means nothing because there will be no repercussions. So, things go on as they have and we get to live under their rules.

Well, we just applied for permits at the Augusta barracks. The estimate from our sergeant is around two months. I'll post up the results in the appropriate thread when we get them. 

If it's still 2016, I'll be happy. Sort of.

My last set of permits from the Augusta NJSP barracks was exactly 30 days from the application submitted to the date on the permits. It only took 3 days for them to ship from Trenton to being in my hand after that.

This was in July.

My last set of permits from the Augusta NJSP barracks was exactly 30 days from the application submitted to the date on the permits. It only took 3 days for them to ship from Trenton to being in my hand after that.

This was in July.

If that happens I will probably faint! That would be a New Jersey record for me. I appreciate that info.

Talk with Sgt. Hollar. He told me he talked with the FIU in Trenton and explained that their delays were making him look bad.

This was not long after the EO180 orders were issued. I hope they kept it up.

Sgt. Hollar and I are well acquainted. I'm very sure he's never been the choke point. He did offer that the FIU was trying to speed things up.