Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Looking for a good place to eat. (Ocean, Monmouth Co.)

Tomorrow (10/08/16) is my wife's birthday and we will be in Jackson to see our daughters marching band compete and then going out for dinner. I don't want to take her to some chain restaurant like Applebee's or Fridays so I'm looking for recommendations for a small independent restaurant somewhere between Freehold and Toms River. I'm not looking for any type of food in particular (with the exception of Indian food) just something good . Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You to all who responded with suggestions. Some of the places I have been to and I will trying out a few of the others in the near future. With that being said we ended going to a place named Spano's in Point Pleasant. Food was great, portions were huge, and dinner was only $65 including a 22% tip (plus the price of a bottle of wine it's BYOB). They only take reservations for parties of 7 or more so we had to wait about 50 min for a table. A few min after we got on the list the wait was over an hour. That tells you a little bit about the place that people are willing to wait over an hour outside on a rainy night. If you're in the area and looking for a nice place to eat check them out. I'm sure you wont be disappointed.