Sign in to follow this  
Svinfinity

New from Fort Lee

Everything is straight and has been "sitting on the detectives desk for review" every time i call. Frustrating, but i don't want them to toss my app to the bottom of the pile.

I've heard a couple horror stories with the Ft Lee PD on wait times...  You'll definitely need to stay on top of it. 

Glad you joined in, welcome.  :hi:

Everything is straight and has been "sitting on the detectives desk for review" every time i call. Frustrating, but i don't want them to toss my app to the bottom of the pile.

Have you tried stopping by?

I stopped by this week and they told me the detective is currently reviewing my case. Then it goes to the lieutenant. After the lieutenant, it goes to be signed by the chief. Who knows how long each process takes.

Glad you joined in, welcome.  :hi:

Have you tried stopping by?

I stopped by this week and they told me the detective is currently reviewing my case. Then it goes to the lieutenant. After the lieutenant, it goes to be signed by the chief. Who knows how long each process takes.

You might want to let them know they're in violation of 2C:58-3f: 

f.Granting of permit or identification card; fee; term; renewal; revocation.  The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of $2, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of $5, shall be delivered or forwarded to the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants. A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days.  A firearms purchaser identification card shall be valid until such time as the holder becomes subject to any of the disabilities set forth in subsection c. of this section, whereupon the card shall be void and shall be returned within five days by the holder to the superintendent, who shall then advise the licensing authority. Failure of the holder to return the firearms purchaser identification card to the superintendent within the said five days shall be an offense under subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:39-10. Any firearms purchaser identification card may be revoked by the Superior Court of the county wherein the card was issued, after hearing upon notice, upon a finding that the holder thereof no longer qualifies for the issuance of such permit. The county prosecutor of any county, the chief police officer of any municipality or any citizen may apply to such court at any time for the revocation of such card.

The NJ2AS has a page dedicated to the topic of delays: http://www.nj2as.org/how_to_address_permit_delays

Was hoping to take advantage of some holiday deals when i applied in July. Looks like that isn't going to happen. No word yet...

If you pay in full, some places will hold the firearm for you until the paperwork comes through.

So after a few months, i called. They claim they called my reference a month ago but didn't pickup. So they just call once, forget it and not mention it to me? They give me a number and tell my reference to call the Detective friday. He calls on Friday, then is told to call back Monday.... 6 Months so far with a ton of BS. I have never broken the law, i'm not crazy, i pay my taxes. Why do i feel like they are treating me like a criminal and idiot?

So after a few months, i called. They claim they called my reference a month ago but didn't pickup. So they just call once, forget it and not mention it to me? They give me a number and tell my reference to call the Detective friday. He calls on Friday, then is told to call back Monday.... 6 Months so far with a ton of BS. I have never broken the law, i'm not crazy, i pay my taxes. Why do i feel like they are treating me like a criminal and idiot?

Because they want victims, not law abiding homeowners.