Sign in to follow this  
vm27

daniel defense mk 12 . what do you think?

So I have my eyes on a Daniel Defense mk12. what are your thoughts on the gun? I want a high-end AR 15 feel free to give me other suggestions . I'm looking for accuracy and reliability. Will the mk12 be NJ compliant ? What do I need to do to make it if it is not and how much will it cost me? I'm looking to spend around $1800-2000

https://danieldefense.com/daniel-defense-mk12.html

I Have a DDM4V5LW (They are up to like V7 now) and love it compared to my now-sold Sig M400. Not familiar with the Mk12 but DD makes some nice stuff.
Almost any AR you order online will need compliance work, assuming they don't do it at the factory (Some vendors may be able to do it prior to shipping it out). Pinning the flash hider, stock, etc...

While DD makes a nice rifle, they aren't close in spec to "real" Mk12s. About all the have in common is the 18" barrel with rifle length gas. If you want something as close to spec as possible try here:

http://highcalibersales.com/mk12-mod0-upper.html 

That is for the Mod 0. They also make a Mod 1. The gentleman who runs this shop used to work for Crane. They have very good customer service also. They are not cheap but of high quality. The BCM option mentioned above is also good as I have never had a problem with anything BCM. 

Again it all matters how close you want to be to "original"

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a DD, I have a MK18 of theirs and am very happy with it.

Can you even have a true Mk12 in NJ?  Would you have to somehow pin the OPS thread protector onto the OPS brake?

DD makes quality stuff.  You will not be disappointed.

Another option is an upper from PRI.  http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=725130&CAT=4214  Seems to be the correct Mk12 specs and a little less than the same spec'ed BCM and HCS upper.  I have had my eye on this for a looooooong time.

Can you even have a true Mk12 in NJ?  Would you have to somehow pin the OPS thread protector onto the OPS brake?

DD makes quality stuff.  You will not be disappointed.

Another option is an upper from PRI.  http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=725130&CAT=4214  Seems to be the correct Mk12 specs and a little less than the same spec'ed BCM and HCS upper.  I have had my eye on this for a looooooong time.

When I spoke to tier 1 about another project they had no problems pinning through the thread protector.

When I spoke to tier 1 about another project they had no problems pinning through the thread protector.

Oh I am sure it can be done.  That is what I was saying, you would have to pin the thread protector.  That is so freakin' stupid.  Damn I hate this place.  I really want to order the PRI upper and make a true-ish SPR.  But I dont want to ruin it.  GR

I Have a DDM4V5LW (They are up to like V7 now) and love it compared to my now-sold Sig M400. Not familiar with the Mk12 but DD makes some nice stuff.

Almost any AR you order online will need compliance work, assuming they don't do it at the factory (Some vendors may be able to do it prior to shipping it out). Pinning the flash hider  Muzzle Brake/Thread Protector, stock, etc...

FTFY