Branrob91

FID AND HANDGUN PERMIT PROCESS

I'm a fairly new shooter and in the process of doing the paperwork for my applications. Have always had an interest in shooting sports and have gone numerous times with friends to ranges with their guns.

So what exactly is the process like for sending/filling out the paperwork? Is there any additional papers I need with me for handgun permits? I'm from Central NJ area if that helps. Any advice for someone new to the process would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fairly new shooter and in the process of doing the paperwork for my applications. Have always had an interest in shooting sports and have gone numerous times with friends to ranges with their guns.

So what exactly is the process like for sending/filling out the paperwork? Is there any additional papers I need with me for handgun permits? I'm from Central NJ area if that helps. Any advice for someone new to the process would be greatly appreciated.

The application is the same for an FPID and handgun permits, you just need to do a few extra steps (fingerprints, forms of ID) to get the initial card. Do yourself a favor and get a handful of permits even if you only intend to buy one. Letting them expire is much easier than reapplying and waiting. On that note, the time to receive your FPID/permit varies by town, but "within 30 days" is the pinnacle of optimism. It's more like 60-90 days. 

So I've sent in my FID a few months ago and still haven't received anything. Is it ok to call them and just ask how the process is going? Or should I just continue to be patient. It's been almost three months for an FID and two P2Ps

So I've sent in my FID a few months ago and still haven't received anything. Is it ok to call them and just ask how the process is going? Or should I just continue to be patient. It's been almost three months for an FID and two P2Ps

No harm in asking. They aren't following the law so it's well within your rights to politely ask what's going on. Do you know if your references got forms and sent them back?

I'd say stop by and ask. I did it with my last batch and it worked out well. The clerk pulled my and hubby's from the STACK (yes, the size warrants ALL CAPS) waiting for the chief's signature and got them completed the same day.   :good:

• Like 1

Yeah I'm waiting and going good on 50 days for my permits. Town is slow as snails. Found out someone got there's 2 days ago they sent there's in January 17th. I sent mine in January 9th .but yet my town police have to received the background check from the state yet. How is that possible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1