vm27

Who makes the best ar 15 stripped upper receiver...

Im going try to make it simple. Im building another ar 15. In your opinion who makes the best ar 15 upper receiver? Best quality. So far i have a jp barrel 18inch with the matching bolt carrier. I also have a seeking precision lower ( sp223) Now i just want to know who makes the best upper. Im looking for accuracy. Im looking for quality upper only

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm shooting a GuntecUSA billet upper. F#@king incredible.  Paired with a good barrel it's a tack driver.  Good or better than a Mega.

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=935&search=upper

I see them on sale for $109 every now and then and wonder how it would match up to my Midwest PX Gen1 lower.

If u guys had to pick one upper what brand would you choose? And why? What are the 3 best brand out there

You could use literally any upper out there from an Anderson so a mega and it really won't make a difference on accuracy

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

If your already spending on quality parts get a billet seekins upper that perfectly matches your lower. I have a seekins billet set up with a high quality barrel, and I cant see any reason to look for some other upper. They were engineered to work together, and fit and finish is excellent.

If u guys had to pick one upper what brand would you choose? And why? What are the 3 best brand out there

Again you'll get various answers...when i was building my AR its purpose is/was CQ HD...so it needed to be as small as NJ will allow and lightweight...at first was leaning towards a billet lower but then saw the forged spikes was lighter so spikes it was.   

I'm shooting a GuntecUSA billet upper. F#@king incredible.  Paired with a good barrel it's a tack driver.  Good or better than a Mega.

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=935&search=upper

Wow I'll have to check one out. I'm a fan of mega and used a billet side charger set for my 6mmAR.

A mil-spec upper is a mil-spec upper. I can't tell the difference between my BCM uppers and my PSA uppers.

Spend your money on BCGs, barrels, triggers, etc.

Did you build both?

BCM undersizes their barrel fitment. You have to heat them up to get them to fit right.

Did you build both?

BCM undersizes their barrel fitment. You have to heat them up to get them to fit right.

Hey how u doing man. Ionly order the barrel and the lower for the 308 , but i stop there for now $$$ lol. But im trying to finish the 223 before. You were totally right about the 308 prices lol.i just wanted to make sure i had the lower before November 8 lol.

Did you build both?

Yes.  Last BCM build I did was w. one of their blemished uppers and their mid-length barrel standard profile.  No heating necessary.  The upper was a few years old.  Is this something new w. BCM?

ETA:  Just went to their website and saw what you mentioned.  But still, I didn't have to heat mine.  Maybe because it was older.

Can't go wrong with Anderson uppers. The sport upper is simple and light, does away with a forward assist and ejection port cover, while also being $40 god damn dollars on AIM surplus with no additional parts needed for assembly. Abner Miranda, an "AR snob", on YouTube, has great reviews on these uppers, but they also make an upper that takes a parts kit. Again, Anderson stuff just works, and mostly beats out other competition in terms of pricing.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk