KMA4626

best place to buy pistol ammo online?

KMA4626:

Echoing other posters in this thread, buying handgun ammunition online will save you a significant amount of money, even with shipping costs factored in, especially compared to purchasing ammo at a public gun range.  Some online retailers may not charge sales tax either, which is important since all of them are located outside of NJ.  Some of these online retailers will request (require) that you send them a photo (pdf) of the front and back of your NJ FID card prior to allowing you to purchase from them, which is no big deal for me.  Once you have done that, they keep it on file as part of your information, so you only need to send it to them once.

www.SGAmmo.com  has been my GO TO online retailer for most ammunition for the past several years.  I have found that SGAmmo.com usually has the best prices, but to truly make it a good deal I need to buy my desired ammo in bulk quantities in order to justify and amortize the shipping costs.  I usually receive my ammo order at my NJ home address in double boxed, anonymous plain boxes in 4-5 days from when I place the online order, with no signature required.  As others have said, the only downside is that this site can often be out of stock of what you specifically want.  If that is the case then you may register your email info as part of your request to be sent an online notification of when they have what you want is back in stock.

Other online retailers I have used to purchase handgun and rifle ammo, that are usually more expensive than SGAmmo, include:

www.midwayusa.com

www.luckygunner.com

www.natchezss.com

www.ammunitiontogo.com

www.cheaperthandirt.com

BTW:  on a related note, I have found that Walmart stores, outside of NJ, usually have the lowest prices for shotgun shells.

Good luck….

AVB-AMG