vm27

Will this upper accept other handguards?

Hello ,

I have a question. Will this upper receiver accept any handguard? Or do i have to buy only seekins handguards???? I really want this upper but i dont want to feel stuck to only seekins handguards. I like the fact that this upper will give me a true free float barrel. So can i put like a daniel defense handguards or something like that on this upper ? Thanks

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-and-accessories/ar-uppers/seekins-precision-irmt-3-upper.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most rails/tubes use a proprietary barrel nut so if you want to swap rails you have to remove and install the barrel and barrel nut.

With NJ's permenantly attached muzzle device laws it's expensive and difficult to swap barrel nuts because you have to remove the muzzle device to get the gas block off so you can slide the nut off the barrel. (One way around this is you could go with a crowned barrel).

That upper appears to be designed to use the Seekins proprietary barrel nut the SP3R v3 rail only. From the web page you linked above:

The IRMT-3 V3 Upper is only compatible with the Seekins Precision SP3R V3 rail system.

If you want an upper that looks similar but uses a standard barrel nut, look at the VLTOR upper receivers. Then you can buy any rail you want and install it.

Most rails/tubes use a proprietary barrel nut so if you want to swap rails you have to remove and install the barrel and barrel nut.

With NJ's permenantly attached muzzle device laws it's expensive and difficult to swap barrel nuts because you have to remove the muzzle device to get the gas block off so you can slide the nut off the barrel. (One way around this is you could go with a crowned barrel).

That upper appears to be designed to use the Seekins proprietary barrel nut the SP3R v3 rail only. From the web page you linked above:

If you want an upper that looks similar but uses a standard barrel nut, look at the VLTOR upper receivers. Then you can buy any rail you want and install it.

?

I really want to squeeze every bit of accuracy will this upper (seekins ) help with that? Since the rail mounts straight into the upper ? It should help with accuracy right ?

nope.  what barrel are you going with?   you better be spending a pretty penny on a top of the line barrel if you are worrying about accuracy with different uppers.

nope. what barrel are you going with? you better be spending a pretty penny on a top of the line barrel if you are worrying about accuracy with different uppers.

Jp 18 inch medium contour. I was told they are too of the line barrel. What do you think? I also have the seekins lower.

what will your main purpose be with the rifle?  long range paper plinking?

the rail won't matter that much because the optic will mount to your upper.  the purpose of the rail is to attach accessories in a way that don't effect the accuracy of the barrel. 

as for upper receivers.   there are two things people say increase accuracy.  I'm not sure if they are true or not or even measurable. 

1.  a stiffer upper will flex less and be more accurate

2.  an upper with tighter tolerances on the barrel interface.  you may need to heat the upper with a heat gun for the barrel to slide in.  

vltor mur is generally accepted as stiffer.  BCM supposedly undersizes their barrel interfaces.  

I'm of the opinion that you'll probably shoot or a barrel or two before you get accurate enough yourself before you'll notice either of those two things.   id order a quality upper from any of the known brands and call it a day.  if you like the seekins stuff see if they have a matching upper that doesn't have that proprietary rail interface.   if you want great quality billet CMT will work.   Vltor MUR is a good choice.   as are any of the tons of other brands

how about this upper? will it take other rails? I'm just trying to get as much accuracy as possible. i will be doing a little be of everything with it. hunting, range etc.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-and-accessories/ar-uppers/seekins-precision-irmt-r-upper.html

Are you trying to eff with us or is your reading comprehension that bad?

7adb50229559b01364bb7233ac47a896.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Clearly YOU must be the one with the reading comprehension problem. It does not say it is ONLY compatible with those rails, which is why I asked the question. People come here to informed and share information, not deal with sarcastic pricks like you! Next time just keep it moving and don't waste anyones time.

Are you trying to eff with us or is your reading comprehension that bad?

7adb50229559b01364bb7233ac47a896.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count