OfcrFek

A2666/A2667 - No "temporary transfers"

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/bills/s3000/2666_I1.pdf

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/bills/s3000/2667_I1.pdf

Basically, if you want to bring someone to the range, the only way they can shoot your guns or rent guns is if they already have a FAID.

What's a FAID?

Unfreakin believable.  Sure would be nice if the idiots of Trenton in the Statehouse would actually do something to prevent real crime and lock up real criminals - including many that work in said building.

• Like 2

Another nugget in there is - person transferring and and person receiving shall present FPID.

So if you inherited that firearm (and dont have FPID) or from out-of-state, dont let anyone else try it. :facepalm:

When will the assault on our rights stop...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So if this passes and Christie signs it. Which he won't! So much for taking a friend or relative to the range

to teach them and get them interested in shooting!

What's next? A bill requiring "justifiable need" to obtain a PRNJ FPID card?

We need to have a mass demonstration in Trenton, backed by NJ2AS, ANJRPC  the NRA and every other 2A group! (For all the good it will do)

We should all wear business suits and have a turnout that gets national attention! "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN'S LIVES MATTER"!

I will refrain from speaking my mind so as to not put this important topic into the 1A forum! :facepalm:

• Like 1

It's S2666 / S2667 The assembly versions are A4179 / A4180.

I know what their agenda is with regards to guns, but do these morons realize that they'll drive some of the most tax-lucrative businesses out of the state? I guess they think the new gas tax is going to make it rain for the transportation fund so they don't need successful small businesses…  :girlmad:  

• Like 1

From the bill(s):

"According to the sponsor, this bill is in response to the recent fatal shootings that have occurred at New Jersey firing ranges. The intent of this bill is to prevent persons from gaining access to a firearm, by either renting or borrowing one, at a firing range for the purpose of taking his or her own life or injuring firing range personnel or other patrons. These acts could result in emotional trauma to witnesses or the loss of business for the owner of the firing range. Requiring a person to have and exhibit a firearms purchaser identification card, a permit to purchase a handgun, or a permit to carry a handgun ensures that the person has undergone a background check prior to the temporary transfer of a firearm."

From the bill(s):

"According to the sponsor, this bill is in response to the recent fatal shootings that have occurred at New Jersey firing ranges. The intent of this bill is to prevent persons from gaining access to a firearm, by either renting or borrowing one, at a firing range for the purpose of taking his or her own life or injuring firing range personnel or other patrons. These acts could result in emotional trauma to witnesses or the loss of business for the owner of the firing range. Requiring a person to have and exhibit a firearms purchaser identification card, a permit to purchase a handgun, or a permit to carry a handgun ensures that the person has undergone a background check prior to the temporary transfer of a firearm."

If this is the case, why not sponsor legislation that says "a person may not rent a handgun without a valid NJ FPID card"! Why "F" it up for everyone?

Are there any cases of a person going to a range with a buddy, who offed himself?

If this is the case, why not sponsor legislation that says "a person may not rent a handgun without a valid NJ FPID card"! Why "F" it up for everyone?

Are there any cases of a person going to a range with a buddy, who offed himself?

yes the last guy at gun for hire went with his brother.

remember this legislation is all because of a few range owners who are dicks and are jealous of some other successful ranges who rent guns and are fueling this legislation. Read the article back in July if you wanna see.

Another case of eating our own. 

• Like 1

Please, don't give them ideas. The vast majority of people are not going to go through the lengthy and expensive FPID application process if they're unsure about owning a gun. Many people decide to become firearms owners after they shoot a gun, not before. I know that was the case for me and GunFuPanda.

Every suicide at a gun range is a horror for the family of the deceased and the people that witness it, but over the last two years, we're talking about six suicides in NJ out of 8.9 million people (pop. as of July 2015), or put another way, 0.0001% of the population. Instead of focusing on what is at best a tiny fraction of the where and how of those who commit suicide, legislators should draft a bill that will look into why the suicide rate in NJ is on the rise, and find ways to address it. You don't prevent suicide by effectively banning the majority of the populace from a gun range. But then these bills aren't really about suicide prevention or a "loss of business for the owner of the firing range", are they?

• Like 1

This bill is even more insidious than it sounds.  Not only would it eliminate rentals (which is a huge share of the business at Gun for Hire), but it would further suppress the already severely limited gun culture in NJ by

preventing gun owners from introducing friends and relatives to the sport, as others have mentioned.  Under the guise of protecting the public from themselves, this bill would serve to further isolate and marginalize gun owners.

• Like 1

This is brought up because THEY HATE YOU. Democrat politicians anywhere, HATE you PERSONALLY for lawful ownership of firearms. I really still cant fathom why anyone that owns guns would ever vote for Democrats, ever. The party has made it abundantly clear they are anti-gun and anti people that own guns lawfully.

"bbbbut Trump eats babies!" "bbbut muh union says to vote for them!" "bbbutttt I am state employee and muh union says Republicans are Satan!"" The last is the most hilarious. I know at least one state employee gun owner that is complaining all day long about NJ gun laws, yet refuses to vote for anybody BUT Democrats. When pointed out that Murphy is already super anti-gun, he says he knows but hopes the residency requirement will be  relaxed for his job. He will still vote for him because "muh pension" which Dems won't make contributions to either.

The ball is rolling on my move outta this HELL that Democrats have created. I only fear the entire country will become this way before too long. I would not put it past a Hillary administration to put Trump supporters and lawful gun owners on a shoot to kill list

Don't look now, but the New York SAFE Act is knocking on New Jersey's door. 

Damn right, here's NJ's rough draft (70+ bills)   http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf   I post this every now and then as a reminder of whats coming soon with the next demorat gov. They'll just add this FPID rental requirement to the list if it goes nowhere now. Make plans accordingly.

• Like 1

This is the most brilliant bill the left has come up with yet.  This will kill gun ownership.  Most people will never invest the time or expense in getting an FID card just to try a gun.  This really sucks and is just another case of government trying to control people for no valid reason.  This must be killed.

• Like 2

With ridiculous courts backing them, NJ is very creative with their "We love Second Amendment, but...." BS. At the least, they will make this requirement for every Range Business.  Their take is that they are not infringing on your rights, only making requirements for running a business. And some Range businesses will happily back it.  

This is the most brilliant bill the left has come up with yet. This will kill gun ownership. Most people will never invest the time or expense in getting an FID card just to try a gun. This really sucks and is just another case of government trying to control people for no valid reason. This must be killed.

Not just rental. This will kill classes too.

I started off with firearms after taking a basic pistol class where they had a few handguns for us to try/fire. That would be illegal under this bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bill addresses an " almost" non existent problem. Take nj range suicides vs non range suicides. If the intent is to prevent suicide, the author should focus on the availability of mental health treatment resources.

If you use that filter, you find " intent"

• Like 1

If this wasn't so pathetic and disingenuous, it would be laughable. NJ (and the nation as a whole) has a seriously messed up mental health infrastructure - with decreasing psych beds for an increasing population. The tentacles of that situation reach far and wide, spurring: preventable suicides, homelessness, overcrowding of jails and prisons, pressure to release criminals early leading to more crime, increased contact between cops and people behaving erratically (often with poor outcomes), self-medication leading to chronic alcohol and drug abuse... it is a laundry list of human suffering and economic costs which NO ONE seems to want to address. And that's because it would take big bucks, you would have to go up against an entrenched and increasingly radical patients rights movement... AND, let's face it, a lot of mentally ill people don't vote - so really, what's in it for a politician?

But, leave it to the control freak politicians in our fair state to hide behind the banner of this very real and very big problem, and hijack it as a way to put the thumbscrews to their own mentally healthy and law-abiding citizens. I was born and raised in NJ... but I'm sorry to say, I've come to despise this state.

• Like 4

So it'll be another "law" I'll not comply with. That's fine.

Its not just about not following. This will force Ranges to check FPID of every member and any guest that shows up at the range. Allows police to get in there to check, in the name of enforcement.

As of now, FPID is not required for transport, at the range etc.