OfcrFek

A2666/A2667 - No "temporary transfers"

With ridiculous courts backing them, NJ is very creative with their "We love Second Amendment, but...." BS. At the least, they will make this requirement for every Range Business.  Their take is that they are not infringing on your rights, only making requirements for running a business. And some Range businesses will happily back it.

No , they won't

yes the last guy at gun for hire went with his brother.

remember this legislation is all because of a few range owners who are dicks and are jealous of some other successful ranges who rent guns and are fueling this legislation. Read the article back in July if you wanna see.

Another case of eating our own. 

Who specifically, and if were not up to posting that publicly then pm me or some shit. this crap needs to stop. we need to end anyone who gets in our way like this. enough is enough

And scouting as well. They are trying to literally destroy the middle class in NJ.

Yet people on this forum will happily vote for them and then complain. Too late. If you are a Dem voter just turn all your stuff in to the local coppers.

anyone on here actually that dumb, if you are identify now and lets take this outside if you will (and i actually do mean like pm me so i can get into your head for a bit, and i ask that we can talk like grown adults here, who may raise our voices a bit and use strong words, but respect one anothers choices and the ability to make them(im serious)) im not going to drag this thread down

this regime isn't just out to end the middle class, its out to end us. by us im talking about free thinking, awoken, whatever the hell you want to call us. there is no 2 parties, its one, its us vs them at this point. they will not stop until all are helpless sheep. its not a war on guns, or values or anything, its a war on freedom, and im not talking the oh were americans, were free freedoms, im talking the like being oppressively ruled into wishing for our own deaths kind of thing. they are going to strip and strip until theres noting left of any of us. they will mold future generations of children into what they want. this is not a new thing. call me crazy, say its tinfoil, i really dont care, but just listen to me for a second. i firmly believe that the path we are on started somewhere post WWII, that the ideals of the 50s were for a reason, that theres been forces of things we cannot comprehend, not necessarily pulling the strings directly, but at least influencing or swaying thins if you will to a end goal. that everything that has happened has been with an end goal. everything has happened has manipulated this in an effort to bring about something for them, not us. look at the enemies we fight. in wwii we were allies with russia. we knew russia was doing it to expand the ussr. we kinda let that happen, and at the same time we arbitrarily draw boarders all over europe and the middle east, and the region has had instability at least partially related to that. we fund the afghans to fight the soviets, then ultimately we need to go deal with that, and we do this countless times over. we help you fight common enemy, somehow now cause things like alqueda and isis to spring up, and then go fight them to, its like some never ending cycle that you'd have to work at keeping going . idk, i hope im crazy at this point, but i think shits gonna go down one way or another and we've been turned into this useless pile of crap, and that most of the population is going to let whatever happen as long as theres mtndew and mindless tv. makes me sad and angry at the same time.

what was that i said about not draging this thread down?

[/tinfoalhatpsychobabelsoapbox]

None of the ranges I frequent check. They're private clubs with no staffing, so there's no one who CAN check.

The point is, if they want to stay in business they will have to check everyone. This means higher membership costs. This legislation WILL pass! Christie WILL veto it!

If Trump wins and SCOTUS is restored, Federal 2A rights will probably override the future Governor's attempts at signing such crazy anti 2A laws into place!

The problem is, if Hillary wins, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!

The point is, if they want to stay in business they will have to check everyone. This means higher membership costs. This legislation WILL pass! Christie WILL veto it!

If Trump wins and SCOTUS is restored, Federal 2A rights will probably override the future Governor's attempts at signing such crazy anti 2A laws into place!

The problem is, if Hillary wins, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!

if killary wins were all dead. 

This bill addresses an " almost" non existent problem. Take nj range suicides vs non range suicides. If the intent is to prevent suicide, the author should focus on the availability of mental health treatment resources.

If you use that filter, you find " intent"

This bill actually addresses nothing. Will this bill stop someone intent on killing themselves, from doing so? Not in the least. They will just find a different way.

"We've been here 35 years and we've never had an incident. And there's a reason – we don't rent any firearms at our facility," Cerca said.

You sir, are a LIAR. March 30th, 2010 an individual committed suicide at the Bullet Hole in Belleville, NJ.

• Like 1

You sir, are a LIAR. March 30th, 2010 an individual committed suicide at the Bullet Hole in Belleville, NJ.

Documentation? The only March 2010 reference to a suicide at a gun range I can find is the Bullet Hole in Overland Park, KA.

FPID is absolutely required for handgun transport in NJ. It's also required for unloaded open carry.

FPID is absolutely required for handgun transport in NJ. It's also required for unloaded open carry.

Cite the law.

Open carry???

I should have been specific that I was referring to open carry of long guns. There is no open carry for handguns in NJ.

Unloaded open carry of long guns is technically legal per 2C:39-5c because it is not explicitly banned. Of course, we all know it is very likely to get you arrested.

"c. Rifles and shotguns. (1) Any person who knowingly has in his possession any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a firearms purchaser identification card in accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3, is guilty of a crime of the third degree."

The next section states they must be unloaded, but there is otherwise nothing in the law to dictate how you may be in possession of those rifles or shotguns, e.g. in a case or securely tied package. Those transport restrictions are explicitly written out for handguns only.

Indeed, there was a time when FIDs in NJ said "is hereby granted to purchase and carry rifles and shotguns" instead of "is hereby granted to purchase rifles and shotguns", but it was silently changed.

Maybe an older member who still has one would be willing to post a redacted picture of such an FID.

I should have been specific that I was referring to open carry of long guns. There is no open carry for handguns in NJ.

Unloaded open carry of long guns is technically legal per 2C:39-5c because it is not explicitly banned. Of course, we all know it is very likely to get you arrested.

"c. Rifles and shotguns. (1) Any person who knowingly has in his possession any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a firearms purchaser identification card in accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3, is guilty of a crime of the third degree."

The next section states they must be unloaded, but there is otherwise nothing in the law to dictate how you may be in possession of those rifles or shotguns, e.g. in a case or securely tied package. Those transport restrictions are explicitly written out for handguns only.

Indeed, there was a time when FIDs in NJ said "is hereby granted to purchase and carry rifles and shotguns" instead of "is hereby granted to purchase rifles and shotguns", but it was silently changed.

Maybe an older member who still has one would be willing to post a redacted picture of such an FID.

Yes, I know about the law regarding open carry long guns. The "open carry" on your post was implied to be handguns since it was the only type of gun you mentioned.  But since you clarified that, that's all good.

Now, do you want to cite the law that requires a "FPID is absolutely required for handgun transport in NJ"? That's the citation I was asking about, anyway.

Now, do you want to cite the law that requires a "FPID is absolutely required for handgun transport in NJ"? That's the citation I was asking about, anyway.

Ditto

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

On 10/16/2016 at 0:52 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

But, leave it to the control freak politicians in our fair state to hide behind the banner of this very real and very big problem, and hijack it as a way to put the thumbscrews to their own mentally healthy and law-abiding citizens. I was born and raised in NJ... but I'm sorry to say, I've come to despise this state.

I completely agree with every word. I used to be so proud of this state. I live in a beautiful area and I've defended living here til I was blue in the face. In the past few years I've grown to hate it here. I mean HATE. I am a peaceful, well educated, law abiding, meaningful contributor to this state. I pay a significant amount of taxes to the state and contribute to my community. Yet I am treated like an outright criminal. I risk 10 years in prison just for stopping for gas on my way to the range. I have to butcher my AR rifles and magazines for no specific reason or I risk 10 years in prison. If I shoot some crazed crackhead defending my family in my home at 4am I'm the one who goes to jail because i didn't flee from the bedroom window. I have to jump through hoops to purchase basically anything firearm related and none of this is enough.

To the politicians in this state, congratulations. You've successfully managed to turn me completely against my home. I openly despise everything about living here now, and it's all your fault. If you've read my posts here you'd see that ive always tried to be positive and hope for the best. I realize now that was foolish thinking. Your interest in disarming me has caused me to be a bitter cold individual. I've stopped giving to local charities. Stopped attending community events. Stopped talking up my alma mater (Rutgers) to my peers across the country. Stopped caring at all for the well-being of this state. You view me as a criminal? So be it. I'm an unemotional, cold hearted thug simply because I want to exercise my God given right to self-defense.

For the year I've been on this forum I've wondered why people here are so angry and bitter and intolerant and why I'm always fighting with some of you. Today I wonder no more. It's from living in this fkn state as a law abiding gun owner for too long.

• Like 2

I completely agree with every word. I used to be so proud of this state. I live in a beautiful area and I've defended living here til I was blue in the face. In the past few years I've grown to hate it here. I mean HATE. I am a peaceful, well educated, law abiding, meaningful contributor to this state. I pay a significant amount of taxes to the state and contribute to my community. Yet I am treated like an outright criminal. I risk 10 years in prison just for stopping for gas on my way to the range. I have to butcher my AR rifles and magazines for no specific reason or I risk 10 years in prison. If I shoot some crazed crackhead defending my family in my home at 4am I'm the one who goes to jail because i didn't flee from the bedroom window. I have to jump through hoops to purchase basically anything firearm related and none of this is enough.

To the politicians in this state, congratulations. You've successfully managed to turn me completely against my home. I openly despise everything about living here now, and it's all your fault. If you've read my posts here you'd see that ive always tried to be positive and hope for the best. I realize now that was foolish thinking. Your interest in disarming me has caused me to be a bitter cold individual. I've stopped giving to local charities. Stopped attending community events. Stopped talking up my alma mater (Rutgers) to my peers across the country. Stopped caring at all for the well-being of this state. You view me as a criminal? So be it. I'm an unemotional, cold hearted thug simply because I want to exercise my God given right to self-defense. Keep pushing.

For the year I've been on this forum I've wondered why people here are so angry and bitter and intolerant and why I'm always fighting with some of you. Today I wonder no more. It's from living in this fkn state as a law abiding gun owner for too long.

My sentiments exactly also.  May I use your paragraphs above to send to my POS local political denizens?  That would make me feel good letting them know exactly how I feel...

as may've been seen in the other thread...

YrVoice_Heard2.jpg

BREAKING: Range Bills PULLED From Monday Agenda!

December 2, 2016:

After several days of gun owner outcry and subsequent dialogue with the bill sponsor, Assemblyman Ralph Caputo (D28) has graciously agreed to hold A4179/A4180 to allow for continued discussion to address gun owner concerns.

We also appreciate the assistance of Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee Chairman Daniel Benson (D14) in fostering an environment that will allow meaningful consideration of gun owner concerns.

And thank YOU for speaking out and making gun owner voices heard. 

Please spread the word and make sure our fellow defenders of the Second Amendment know there will be no hearing on these bills on Monday, Dec 5.

Further updates will follow as the situation develops.