maintenanceguy

What's up with Bangers?

I went there yesterday having no idea anything was going on. I put half the cost down on an AR556 at the end of September and I wanted to pay it off and pick it up. Saw no cars in the lot, which was odd, then saw the sign on the door. Went back today, cars in lot and lights on, but doors still locked with sign still up. Hope they sort things out fast, I just wish someone would let me know what is going on and when I might be able to get my rifle. The outdoor range looked open, I'm guessing the indoor archery range is closed as well.

From Facebook:

On the behalf of all member of South jersey shooting Club and customers who knew and did not know Jake Berwick, I would like to express our deepest sympathies to the Berwick family for the sudden lost of out beloved friend Jake. Specially to my dear friend Chuck Berwick. Every one that met and dealt with these guys had a great experience, Jake would always have a smile on his face, and help anyone that request help with anything at all. No matter what. MY friend Jake you will be missed beyond the expression of words. You will always be in our hearts, and our prayers with your family brother. You and Chuck are special men to me, I have always enjoyed coming in to speak with you brothers. I know you are with our Lord Jesus Christ looking down at us now, love you man.

For EVER Nas Mazahreh

From Facebook:

On the behalf of all member of South jersey shooting Club and customers who knew and did not know Jake Berwick, I would like to express our deepest sympathies to the Berwick family for the sudden lost of out beloved friend Jake. Specially to my dear friend Chuck Berwick. Every one that met and dealt with these guys had a great experience, Jake would always have a smile on his face, and help anyone that request help with anything at all. No matter what. MY friend Jake you will be missed beyond the expression of words. You will always be in our hearts, and our prayers with your family brother. You and Chuck are special men to me, I have always enjoyed coming in to speak with you brothers. I know you are with our Lord Jesus Christ looking down at us now, love you man.

For EVER Nas Mazahreh

Sad news.  

On their facebook today:

"To all of our loyal customers and Banger's family, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences and disappointment being incurred during this period of time. We are in the process of fighting very difficult legal matters with our current landlords. We have been working feverishly to devise a plan to get people's belongings and firearms back to their rightful owners. We ask for everyone's patience as this is a difficult matter to resolve with little cooperation from the other parties involved. We assure you we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue and address all items with deposits/payments, in for repair, and transfer items to see everything is delivered to the proper parties."

I thought John owned the range and property.

Isnt that the older Santa Claus looking guy?

Seems very nice and reasonable.

Yes he was

John Aducat passed away suddenly in July 2016

The Berwicks rent the space that is Bangers (on the SJSC property) and hold the FFL

Wow, Sad Sad news all around for the Berwicks. Great people, Great store. Jake was always helpful and friendly to me and my wife whenever we where there. I hope they pull out of whatever situation they are in.

Bangers and SJSC are about the only thing I miss from NJ. The outdoor ranges down here in Texas don't even come close to how nice that range is.

Yes he was

John Aducat passed away suddenly in July 2016

The Berwicks rent the space that is Bangers (on the SJSC property) and hold the FFL

Awww man, really enjoyed his company when waiting for the NICS check, talking about his son the chef, food etc.

And another more recent death...

Sad.

:(

• Like 1

Lets do whatever we can to support them. Its been a horribly trying last few months for Chuck and well Jake. Now even more for Chuck. So hold fast and give him any support and encouragement you can. Here are two brothers that had a vision and went with it. There is a great family (related or not) that have the passsion for hunting and the second amendment. Knowing big John he was very proud of what has become of the range. And im sure he wants it to continue.

Wow, very sad. Jake was great anytime I was there, him and the dog Kimber made it inviting always..Thank you Jake for your service to customers and your country.

Anyone know how he passed?

Condolences to his family & close friends and good luck with everything.

As for cause of death I haven't heard. For him to pass suddenly at 27 years old...I've got my opinions but I'll keep that to myself until I hear otherwise. Hope I'm wrong.

You and me both.

I've speculated to a couple of close shooting buddies who are also involved in activities (matches & youth program) with me at SJSC, but we'll have to see (if the truth ever does emerge)

Wow, did not know Jake passed, he helped me so often when I was first getting into firearms. My condolences - I how we or someone can get something together in his memory.

I have put a few purchases on hold because Bangers has been good to me, I'd rather spend my money with them. It pained me to grab ammo, mags and my hunting license somewhere else. 

SJSC is still open but just a note, Sunday shooting has been temporarily pushed back to 10am due to a new home owner int he area filing complaints against the range...