maintenanceguy

What's up with Bangers?

''New" home owner in the area filing complaints....

How can people be so friggin' ingnorant?

Buy a home next to a railroad track and complain about the train horn.....

Buy a home in the country and complain about the cow smell....

Buy a home next to a gun range and complain about the noise....

well idiots here who moved next to high school are trying to get the pa announcer at sports games and band to be quieter

Are they going to ask the crowd not to yell or cheer too loud as well? When I was a kid the people who lived around our football field used to sit out on the roofs of their houses on Friday nights and watch the game.
  • Like 1

klownpuncher,

Thank you for posting this letter. I was just made aware of this yesterday. Could you tell me where you took the picture? Was it posted on Banger's Door?

My buddy took the pic. He said it was on the door that goes into the range sign in room.

well idiots here who moved next to high school are trying to get the pa announcer at sports games and band to be quieter

You know, back in the day the solution was to offer the home owner free tickets. I'm pretty sure all those people that live across the street from Pocono Raceway make bank on race day, what with all the parking signs I've seen.

Guess i'm just a lemons from lemonade person.

You know, back in the day the solution was to offer the home owner free tickets. I'm pretty sure all those people that live across the street from Pocono Raceway make bank on race day, what with all the parking signs I've seen.

Guess i'm just a lemons from lemonade person.

Your right but, That isn't the case unfortunately. I can name many local weekend racetracks in many states that have gone away due to the power and dollars of A builder, or homeowners with an Attorney.  I'm not just talking in NJ either, As I spent many years on A lot of those tracks in many States and now they are gone.     Nothing even your own property is immune due to the reason I stated or Imminent domain laws

It WAS a nice shop, attached to a really nice range facility

(I've been a member at SJSC since 2005)

Before Bangers opened, I questioned (in my own mind) how it could be a money making operation, given that the members of SJSC had gotten used to bringing everything they would need for a day at the range.

If someone forgot their staple gun or ran out of targets, for example, another shooter would always be willing to help out.

But with the revelation that the owner of the shop, Chuck Berwick owed his landlord (and benefactor, the late John Aducat) $400K and was not repaying him, that goes a long way to explain how the shop stayed open as long as it did and was as nice as it was. You've got to sell a LOT of inventory to make $400K net.

I hope all those with money tied up in the bankruptcy don't have to take too bad a haircut.

I expect that those with guns on consignment in the now-closed shop will get their guns back eventually, but then, anything is possible.