maintenanceguy

What's up with Bangers?

It WAS a nice shop, attached to a really nice range facility

(I've been a member at SJSC since 2005)

Before Bangers opened, I questioned (in my own mind) how it could be a money making operation, given that the members of SJSC had gotten used to bringing everything they would need for a day at the range.

If someone forgot their staple gun or ran out of targets, for example, another shooter would always be willing to help out.

But with the revelation that the owner of the shop, Chuck Berwick owed his landlord (and benefactor, the late John Aducat) $400K and was not repaying him, that goes a long way to explain how the shop stayed open as long as it did and was as nice as it was. You've got to sell a LOT of inventory to make $400K net.

I hope all those with money tied up in the bankruptcy don't have to take too bad a haircut.

I expect that those with guns on consignment in the now-closed shop will get their guns back eventually, but then, anything is possible.

Your comments are interesting, although lacking proof. Could you support any of this with physical evidence. Bangers replied to this same letter on their Facebook that this letter is all lies. They also mentioned that they were going to attach supporting documentation and proof that the letter was filled with lies. Can you or this "Tim Doyle" do the same.  The fact that Banger's left the letter up on their Facebook, did not remove it, and even proudly responded I have evidence that this is filled with lies, has me to believe that it is in fact "someone" upset that their memberships are decreasing do to loyalty to bangers. It also has me to believe that someone is getting angry they are not getting their way. per the ATF a cease and desist order on Bangers..so that nothing could be physically removed from the property (i.e. peoples personal firearms, archery, even a stapler), and no business could be conducted. So with out business who can pay their bills, sounds to me like they were forced into bankruptcy. Anyone who knew the late John Aducat knows he worked  hand shake deals, cash, and trade, hard for anyone to prove those. It is hard to believe though that if Bangers went 5 years with out paying his bills he would of still been in business. Something does not add up right there. I guess we all just have to wait and see, instead of speculating and spreading false rumors about a man's character and his brother's life.  I feel so badly that this poor family can not defend themselves against comments like yours, and this awful letter. However, good for them for taking the high road. 

Edited by Krdshrk
REmoving the personal attack / personal info
  • Like 1

I've hidden the post with the image and address info for now - Need to get the full scoop/correct info before vetting.

Unhid the post - it's public knowledge (Posted on Facebook).  If Mauser116 has issues with this, bring it up with the person who posted the letter or the law firm listed.

Mauser116,

Quite a first post from an anonymous Forum Dabbler

Step out of the shadows and ID yourself, why don't you

First: I easily ID you from Google. The internet is a powerful tool. I as well have items tied up in this mess. That is why i have been following the Facebook and the forums.

Second: you are correct I am a first time user for this information. I knew Jake and have had long time business dealings with bangers; that is why your harsh comments in regards to his passing are not only disturbing but lack information. Because of the relationship I have had with bangers, I found it disturbing that their personal address was publicly displayed and feel that until they present their side it is only fair that we not speculate. I am going by what the ATF has told me, and what I have heard from reliable sources. 

Everyone can agree; we are missing a side of the story, and until we have that I am not going to spread rumors or talk ill of people who have always treated me well. 

I respect your first amendment right, and have decided to exercise mine as well.

First: I easily ID you from Google. The internet is a powerful tool. 

Yes it is, however revealing personal information that people may not want revealed here is against forum rules, as are personal attacks.  I said it via PM but saying it here publicly as well.

Sounds like something that's going to be fought-out in the courts - for several years to come. 

A very sad note for those who have cash or assets tied-up in this mess.

But battling via posted handbills or Internet forums isn't going to make a bit of difference.

• Like 1

I've hidden the post with the image and address info for now - Need to get the full scoop/correct info before vetting.

Unhid the post - it's public knowledge (Posted on Facebook). If Mauser116 has issues with this, bring it up with the person who posted the letter or the law firm listed.

The letter is that individuals first amendment right. I think it was fine to post. Not that my opinion matters. It's good you used the one that hid their address. The other had the address in the open.

First Paul leaves and now Banger's is gone...wtf.

Maybe I'll come back and take over the store like John and Bob wanted me to do originally.

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif

• Like 2

Ok. So basically rather than going back and forth with hearsay. Lets not post anything unless its directly heard from Chuck. Or the Aducat family. The reason i propose this is because. Chuck and Jake. God bless his soul. They have always been very friendly. Very helpful and very upfront whenever i have dealt with them. Or when other people have dealt with them and corresponding to me. Big John was the nicest and most concerned person when we talked. He being in farming and so for I. Loved to talk shop with me. So out of due respect for all parties involved. Lets hope that Chuck and family pull through this and clear his name from these insinuations and the Aducat family and the range shareholders come to an amicable agreement. If not. In time. The courts will rule on this. Those that are belitling Mr Berwick. Tell me what state of mind you would be in if you lost your friend. Your brother, at such an early age. Also. Brian. Theres nothing wrong with your post. Its factual- it hurts. But its true? Think positive for the sake of the sport and all involved.

Later.

• Like 1

The Federal Bankruptcy Court process is not an overly speedy one.

My prediction is late Summer '17 for the case to be settled and the shop space to be available to the owners (Aducat, et al) to lease out or open themselves.

Getting an FFL to fill the space will be another story and on a longer timeline, I'm afraid

Thanks for the info. Anybody know if any of the employees got employment elsewhere? For example the bow techs? Gunsmith's? I'd like to stick with certain techs.

This would be why, while I suspect it might not be totally kosher to some people, when I find a skilled person who's work I greatly value, I try to establish an alternate means of contacting them in case something should change in their employment status.