Gunnz

Internet loop hole?

I'm watching the debate, and for the second time(in 2 debates) Hillary is mentioning the "internet gun loop hole"....

Not sure what this is?

Pretty sure I bought a gun online and got it sent to a FFL and am currently waiting for my P2P.....

Wish I took advantage of this loophole so I could have my gun right now

• Like 1

I'm watching the debate, and for the second time(in 2 debates) Hilary is mentioning the "internet loop" hole....

Not sure what this is?

Pretty sure I bought a gun online and got it sent to a FFL and am currently waiting for my P2P.....

Wish I took advantage of this loophole so I could have my gun right now

An internet gun loophole is the same as a tax loophole. It' something that only exits in the mind of those that want to demonize and control groups or activities they don't approve of.

There is no loophole. If you buy a gun on line, out of state, it goes,thru a FFL. I think the polls, controlled by MSM, are biased. How many Black American sheriffs support Hillary? Keep in mind, in NJ most sheriffs in NJ have their authority surpressed by the Prosecutor, an appointee. The Sheriff is the highest LE official in most states.

• Like 1

"I do not add a penny to the national debt" -Clinton

Let's be sure to quote her on that after she closes the internet loop hole.

On the economy: "I believe in a strong middle class and small businesses"....."raise the minimum wage".. #headscratch

The Internet loophole is you can buy a gun on the internet from another person and they mail it to your home without using an FFL --- it is illegal, but we need more laws because some people don't obey the existing laws.  Well that is what the leftists think.

The Internet loophole is you can buy a gun on the internet from another person and they mail it to your home without using an FFL --- it is illegal, but we need more laws because some people don't obey the existing laws.  Well that is what the leftists think.

Generally this is true, however in a large amout of states transferring a long gun between residents of the same state does not require any documentation, and there are no Federal laws against it.  Many do transfer without ever physically meeting as there is no defined procedure.  Only caveat is the seller must not have a reason to believe the receiver is a prohibited person.  They do it in PA all the time.

Generally this is true, however in a large amout of states transferring a long gun between residents of the same state does not require any documentation, and there are no Federal laws against it.  Many do transfer without ever physically meeting as there is no defined procedure.  Only caveat is the seller must not have a reason to believe the receiver is a prohibited person.  They do it in PA all the time.

In a large amount of states, transferring a handgun between residents does not require any documentation either.

FYI, as a NJ resident, you too can legally mail a gun to another resident.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Really? Thought it had to be face-to-face. Also isn't it illegal to use the USPS to mail a gun for the average person?

Really? Thought it had to be face-to-face. Also isn't it illegal to use the USPS to mail a gun for the average person?

Yes, really. You can mail a long gun.

What they've really meant all these years is they want to close the poop hole. Like everything else, they get nothing right. Their poop hole is already closed and their lack of brains proves it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, really. You can mail a long gun.

Are you talking about mailing to self with "in care of" or actually transferring ownership & possession via postal mail ?

Is your comment based on NJ law not prescribing any specific mode (such as face-to-face, mail etc) of such transfer or something else ? 

Curious is all. 

Federal law says you can mail a long gun to another resident within your state, as long as there are no NJ laws against it. Yes, transfer. As long as you do a FPID or Permit (I guess via mail), I don't know of a restriction without researching it.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

• Like 1

Federal law says you can mail a long gun to another resident within your state, as long as there are no NJ laws against it. Yes, transfer. As long as you do a FPID or Permit (I guess via mail), I don't know of a restriction without researching it.https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

PK90, didn't the NJAG complain to the CMP that sending rifles directly to NJ residents was illegal under NJ law as transfers in NJ have to be face to face?

PK90, didn't the NJAG complain to the CMP that sending rifles directly to NJ residents was illegal under NJ law as transfers in NJ have to be face to face?

From a message sent out from the CMP back in April 2010:

"On 12 April CMP representatives met with representatives of the NJ State Police and the NJ Attorney General's office. At issue was the fact that CMP customers were receiving rifles at their home and not from a firearms dealer licensed by the state. It was the opinion of the representatives of both the NJ State Police and the AG's office that NJ requires all firearm transactions be face to face and the transfer of a rifle be made to the customer by a NJ licensed dealer. Therefore, NJ residents cannot certify paragraph K on the CMP order form that reads: "I further certify that I will not be in violation, by reason of my receipt or possession of a rifle, of any state law or published ordinance applicable where I reside".

Effective immediately, rifles sold and shipped to NJ residents must be shipped to NJ licensed firearms dealers. Customers should provide CMP with copies of the dealer's FFL and NJ State license, along with the CMP order form.

This applies to all rifle orders we have already received and not yet shipped. Each of those customers will be contacted individually this week.

New Jersey residents who visit either CMP store may purchase and pick up rifles without the necessity of going through a NJ licensed dealer.

Orest Michaels

Chief Operating Officer "

Of course one could argue this was a transfer between states as CMP has no NJ presence. Reading this again, sounds like the CMP gave in.

I never accepted that the CMP could lawfully ship directly to a NJ resident.

Also, according to that statement, twice, it is infers that if the shipper was a NJ dealer, it would be okay.

I do not believe that there is a NJ law stating a face to face is required. If a subject emails a signed COE to his brother, then his brother fills it out and signs it, then sends a rifle with the COE back to his brother, is there a law broken?

"possess" and "exhibit" , together they seem to imply visual, in person validation of the requirements. 

"....unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a dealer under this chapter or possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, and first exhibits said card to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor, and unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder signs a written certification,..."

I've ordered most of my guns through the internet. If there was a loophole I'd have found it. I wish.

The only hole I can think of is hers. She lies through it about EVERYTHING. Too bad Daddy Trump let that one slide twice. 

She lies because she realizes that we're stupid. She said during her debate with Bernie that Vermont was the #1 source of illegal guns used to commit crimes in New York. This was about 10 days after the actual stats were public, that NY itself was overwhelmingly the top source. 

Bernie, being the commie bastard he is, could not bring himself to correct her even though he had to know. Imagine trying to win the NY primary after having told the truth in a debate before a black audience in Brooklyn.

We are a third world banana republic. This country deserves her. 

Average citizen doesn't know what an FFL is. They know zero about gun laws.

The average democrat drinks the cool aid and questions very little. I know very intelligent liberals who argue and swear that Obama has done a great job in helping create jobs, that the job market is good and the economy is doing fantastic.

They want to believe what they are told and don't care or aren't intereated in learning the truth.