gfl216

Pinning a Muzzle Brake

I live in Northern Ocean County (Toms River area) and was wondering if anyone can recommend a local shop or guy that can pin a muzzle brake on an AR and how much I can expect to pay. Also are the threads on the barrel and brake pretty much standard or do they differ by manufacturer?

As always any and all responses are appreciated.

I live in Northern Ocean County (Toms River area) and was wondering if anyone can recommend a local shop or guy that can pin a muzzle brake on an AR and how much I can expect to pay. Also are the threads on the barrel and brake pretty much standard or do they differ by manufacturer?

As always any and all responses are appreciated.

The only smith I know down there is Cheyenne Gunsmith and Firearms in Manville, and he charges only around $40 to pin and weld a muzzle device.

In regards to your question about threads for your barrel and device, as long as what you've got it an AR barrel, and a muzzle device for 5.56/223, 99.99% of the time they are both 1/2x28 threads. That's just the standard. For any different calibers, the manufacturer will almost always list the thread type on their product page. If they don't, and it's a .22 caliber bore, it's probably 1/2x28 anyways.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We pin brakes.

If you want to discuss it - please call me at 609-709-1346

Thanks!

JT

I met Jack today and I can say with confidence that if you are looking for a fair and honest guy in the Ocean Co. area he may be hard to beat. I will definitely be doing business with him in the future.