Zeke

Bullet proof vests?

24 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Soft armor is another story.

I have been in charge of purchasing the concealable vests for my department for 10 years. In my opinion Point Blank currently has the best ballistics package out there in their IIIa vests since they bought Paraclete from MSA.

That US Palm defensder rig is nice too. Decent armor in a great "bump in the night" setup.

I am really liking it - I wore it with the soft plates in during an 8 hour airsoft game - did not impede me in any way and was light enough even with items in the vest that I stopped noticing it.

I see US Palm has level IV ceramic plates now too and they're also affordable.. I may get some.

TYR Tactical EPIC system is really nice (and pricey).

It was developed for the U.S.Army SPS/TEP trials and massively exceeded all performance requirements, but also massively exceeded the government's budget (the lower cost solution was picked).

The whole industry is downright scary.  Alot of stuff rated to stop such and such but such and such bullets pass straight through the said armor during testing.

TYR is nice and very expensive.

They are the new company started by the original owner and founder of Blackhawk.

Then First Spear are the guys that owned Eagle Industries before selling it off. They also make great gear (Their Assaulters Gun Belt is the bees-knees) but is also spendy.

Also, Velocity Systems makes great armor and gear as well.

Fatty, I recommend Velocity Systems or one of the Paraclete setups offered through Point Blank.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:29 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Dear lord! What 'hoods are you folks living in? Or are you expecting the great zombie apocalypse to unleash itself any minute now? 

Seriously, unless you're regularly at risk - cop, security guard - and your employer doesn't fund a vest, why would you need or want one? I'm not being snarky, I just truly don't understand. They're heavy, hot, uncomfortable, etc. Enlighten me to your thinking.

Watch Contagion. Society rapidly devolves once the food supply starts to dry up. If after a natural disaster I'm the only one with electric/hvac and a working fridge/freezer then I'm a target for desperate people. I'd prefer a contract overrun military suit I saw. It had shoulder, neck, and crotch protection as well. A ballistic shield would be nice. You don't need to live in a "hood", as the hood will come to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Watch Contagion. Society rapidly devolves once the food supply starts to dry up. If after a natural disaster I'm the only one with electric/hvac and a working fridge/freezer then I'm a target for desperate people. I'd prefer a contract overrun military suit I saw. It had shoulder, neck, and crotch protection as well. A ballistic shield would be nice. You don't need to live in a "hood", as the hood will come to you.

Make sure you have an extra bedroom for my family :)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 1:06 PM, Sevenshot said:

My dad told me stories of the post Katrina New Orleans after the army was mobilized to help. It's shocking what people are capable of in desperate situations even in the short term.

Heat and hunger... very catalyst