Sign in to follow this  
Kevin125

So I had my knee replaced yesterday....

Partial, so was home the same day. Had it done at Virtua Hospital in Voorhees. The Joint Replacement Institute.

In a bit of pain after an hour of PT.

My Doc there was excellent. Spent a yuge amount of time with me. Very happy with the process and the outcome so far.

If anyone is considering a new knee or thinking they may need one, I'd be happy to tell you what I know.

And I highly recommend the Joint Replacement Institute at Virtua. Remarkable hospital. The care was extraordinary.

Feel better! Hope you're back on your feet soon.

Thanks Mrs. Peel.

I'm actually up and walking...with a limp....but definitely on my feet.

Golf.... Thanks. Haha... Running. If I wanted to, I could in about 8 weeks. But I'll wear this thing out pretty quickly. Cycling is the dealio going forward. Should be doing. 1 hour stationary rides in 2 weeks. About 14 miles. Will still be racing my motocross bike.

I should be at the next match that's more than 2 weeks out. Can't drive or shoot while doing opiates.

Thanks Silverado.

Joint replacements have improved by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years.  My dad had his hip replaced back about 15 years ago - it lasted for 12 years (they said it would only last 10-15).  Had it re-done a couple years ago, and it'll now last for the rest of his life.

Hope everything works out!

Glad you are confident in your Dr. Thats important.  Work steady on the PT and exercise as they say. Especially with just A partial.

Youll be back up and rolling better than ever.

I had A particial years ago, And A complete on the same knee 2 years ago.  Man the times have changed but only for the good.

Thnx fellas.

Definitely has improved. Less invasive for sure and the PT is key. Absolutely have to do it. Regrettably, the pain killers are also key. You simply can't do the PT without them. Unless your Rambo or something.

Hope that you have a quick recovery - sounds like you are well on your way. See you down the road.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PS: My gunsmith is having both of his done in two weeks.

Yeesh, good luck.

I need both knees and prob a right hip.

Been putting it off for quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, me too. Had both knees worked on many yrs ago but the shelf life on those repairs expired long ago. Thought my back was bad but after a long time was concluded was my hip from a lifetime of limping..Recently went to a Stryker event and talked to a bunch of folk, toured the factory too. The big decision is do one or both together. Some docs say both because no one come back for the second lol others say one to minimize risk. Getting close.....

• Like 1

Yeesh, good luck.

I need both knees and prob a right hip.

Been putting it off for quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll start calling you Steve [Austin].

• Like 1

Yep, caveats in many areas. Started out ripping my right knee apart in a fight years ago. Never healed right. Doc was a dick. Then the right meniscus started tearing after many years of weight lifting. Then a fall off a 20ft ladder onto concrete gave me 2 long screws holding my right foot on. Still in there. As a result of ignoring everything, I started favoring the right side. While doing so, the right hip started failing. Long story short. My whole right side is fubar. All that favoring screwed up my left knee. Sometimes depending on the weather, I walk like Quasi Motto! Can't win! Thank God for my medz.

SO! The other caveat is: I'm the only one around to man this ship. My wife would have to take off a few weeks to get me around. I also have to be healed before winter.

My wife can't be expected to handle any snow.

You are prob right about not going back, but a lot of docs won't do both together. I want them both done. I'll skip the hip. I also want him to unfook my right knee tendons that got screwed up in the fight. Even with insurance, out of pocket is a lot. Thanks Obama! So got to save.

Sux getting old! When I was younger, I ignored the pain. Not any more! More bad days than good at times.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. My wife and I should try to see if we can get a package deal down the road. She's going to need a new hip, ankle, and a right knee. I'll probably need an ankle, knee, and some spinal work.

Doing opiates. Made me laugh. Good point though. Does that change your 4473 form?

These are the legal ones.

Holy crap bhunted. Yeah, they do them as quickly as 8 weeks apart from what I was told.

Sounds like you you need a tune up.

And thanks again guys. Friggin thing swelled up after physical therapy. Bionics would be better.

• Like 1

These are the legal ones.

Holy crap bhunted. Yeah, they do them as quickly as 8 weeks apart from what I was told.

Sounds like you you need a tune up.

And thanks again guys. Friggin thing swelled up after physical therapy. Bionics would be better.

When you are sitting around for 2 months with nothing to do but rehab, eat, sleep, watch tv, etc. in between all that trying to ignore any pain still being felt, that is a long time. I can understand not going back. On the other hand, I'd rather have both done at same time. The kind of thinking you use when buying optics. Buy once cry once. Lol...

Just GitErDone! :) When they put screws in my foot, that was bad enough. Rehabbed my brains out and still lost 13% of my dorsal flexion. Fooker hurt for months. All these memories are in a little guys head on my shoulder whispering in my ear, "Remember all the pain and rehab? No purty nurses and lots of screaming? You'll be sorry!"

Lmao...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk