RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! Sunday Nov 6 at Clinton WMA

Sounds like we're taking at least the left most "ports" for ourselves, hopefully. If you get there after 9am look for the silver jeep liberty with plow signs on the side. I'll be the guy with the kid, two popup tents setup, and possibly the gay pride t-shirt if it gets warm enough. :lol:

ETA: Drez... grow the damn beard back already. Was so much easier when we could tell people to look for the al qaeda looking dude smoking a stogie. :D

ETA2: I'm ASSUMING Drez means the left most ports. the ones sort of hidden by the trees.

Sounds like we're taking at least the left most "ports" for ourselves, hopefully. If you get there after 9am look for the silver jeep liberty with plow signs on the side. I'll be the guy with the kid, two popup tents setup, and possibly the gay pride t-shirt if it gets warm enough. :lol:

ETA: Drez... grow the damn beard back already. Was so much easier when we could tell people to look for the al qaeda looking dude smoking a stogie. :D

Or Fidel Castro

• Like 2

Thrower is in the truck, got the optima yellow top on the charger, 3 cases of clays in truck, and I grabbed another case of shells this evening. Just have to pull some cases out and grab a bunch of shotguns. Probably leave my house around 8am. Takes about an hour to get to Clinton.

Good luck today, folks! I'll be with you in spirit.

As it turns out, I attended a "shootout" in Florida, yesterday.  But a little different kind.   This was a "NFA" shoutout.  You were welcome to bring your own inventory (semi's, shotties, and any NFA items you might own), and/or you were also welcome to shoot some of the NFA items on display by the sponsor. You feed them your own ammo. 

I continued to get some more practice in with my LE6920, and I was hitting some of the steel targets at 65 yards.  And, just for you, Krdshrk, I finally got to brake in my JM Pro.  A guy there had a "Soda can" launcher which took the place of some clays. It was cool to watch the soda cans ♫♪ "burstin' in air... " ♪♫ But the highlight of my shooting that day was putting 100 rounds through a MAC-10 9mm equivalent. It's funny, but although there was very little kick when in "single fire" mode, you do have to adopt a different stance (lean more forward) when firing full auto as it will try and push you back a little.

But the overall highlight of the afternoon was winning the grand prize at the raffle , a GSG 1911 .22 pistol!  Totally unexpected!   

GSG-1911-.22-1.jpg

So nice to walk way with that gun.... and all that was required was a NICS check and a 4473.  They did it right at the range by phone.

Since I have a FL CWFL, I didn't have to wait 3 days.  WooHoo!

A really nice day.   Hope you have the same later today.

• Like 1

Good luck today, folks! I'll be with you in spirit.

As it turns out, I attended a "shootout" in Florida, yesterday.  But a little different kind.   This was a "NFA" shoutout.  You were welcome to bring your own inventory (semi's, shotties, and any NFA items you might own), and/or you were also welcome to shoot some of the NFA items on display by the sponsor. You feed them your own ammo. 

I continued to get some more practice in with my LE6920, and I was hitting some of the steel targets at 65 yards.  And, just for you, Krdshrk, I finally got to brake in my JM Pro.  A guy there had a "Soda can" launcher which took the place of some clays. It was cool to watch the soda cans ♫♪ "burstin' in air... " ♪♫ But the highlight of my shooting that day was putting 100 rounds through a MAC-10 9mm equivalent. It's funny, but although there was very little kick when in "single fire" mode, you do have to adopt a different stance (lean more forward) when firing full auto as it will try and push you back a little.

But the overall highlight of the afternoon was winning the grand prize at the raffle , a GSG 1911 .22 pistol!  Totally unexpected!   

GSG-1911-.22-1.jpg

So nice to walk way with that gun.... and all that was required was a NICS check and a 4473.  They did it right at the range by phone.

Since I have a FL CWFL, I didn't have to wait 3 days.  WooHoo!

A really nice day.   Hope you have the same later today.

Arnold, great to hear you had a fun day! Wish you could make the shootout buddy. Hope all is well with you (and I'm jealous about your 6920).

There's a chance I could drop in with my girls after 1 if you guys are still there. Are they allowed to use their .22 rifles?

If you bring them over to the rifle range down the street. They can shoot rifles there. Shotguns only on the clay range.

I was there pretty early (for me) and I swore that someone else left them there before us. They may have been hidden for safe keeping, thats all. Thats how I remember it, anyway.

Had a great time today, even when not hitting my targets, which may have been most of them. My friends also had a blast. It was great to see everyone and meet new people. Thanks guys for everything!

if anyone else took pictures or video, please either post up links to it here, or possibly get in touch with krdshrk to add them to his album, since he's sort of the unofficial photo documenter of these things. :)

if anyone has video of my kid going pew pew, PM me and i'll send you my email to send it to.

thanks! :D

Catch you guys next time.  Glad to hear ya'll had a great time!  I caught a flat tire Sunday morning, so limped-it over to Mavis for a flat repair.  I stayed local to make sure the repair was "solid".....

Saturday's NSSF Match had $9K in Prizes!  It was a HOOT!

Rosey

• Like 1