Slab Sides

Anyone familiar with trail cams? Stolen Trump sign

Was looking at a $90 one at Dicks, my front yard is only like 30' wide by 20' deep.  Don't know if it's overkill or what.  Have a big bow window out front so the cam will be front and center.  Any advice?

This is the one I was looking at.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=92411726&cp=4406646.70516396.4414427&categoryId=70929586

That looks good!  If it's set on photo mode does it take a series of photos during one event?

Motion sensor - when it's triggered it will take photos...  Since it's going to be a work environment I have it set to take photos then delay 30 mins between.  I may cut it down to 10-15 minutes though.  

Motion sensor can't see through glass so it won't take a photo from inside the house but these things are weather proof so you can just strap it to a tree, post, etc.

If you're trying to get night photos using the illuminating LED's, your camera will be noticed.  These LED's produce light outside of the visible spectrum but really, really close to red.  There is some "bleed"  into the visible spectrum and when the LED's come on, you can see the faint red glow.  A deer doesn't understand cameras and may look at the odd red glow but it won't scare them away.  If a person is stealing a sign and notices a red light come on, they might investigate - and now you've lost your sign and your camera.

• Like 1

Motion sensor can't see through glass so it won't take a photo from inside the house but these things are weather proof so you can just strap it to a tree, post, etc.

If you're trying to get night photos using the illuminating LED's, your camera will be noticed.  These LED's produce light outside of the visible spectrum but really, really close to red.  There is some "bleed"  into the visible spectrum and when the LED's come on, you can see the faint red glow.  A deer doesn't understand cameras and may look at the odd red glow but it won't scare them away.  If a person is stealing a sign and notices a red light come on, they might investigate - and now you've lost your sign and your camera.

There's also trail cam locks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTBI5CC/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grea

Great info!

I have some decent hiding places out front so I'll do a little testing.

If you're trying to get night photos using the illuminating LED's, your camera will be noticed. These LED's produce light outside of the visible spectrum but really, really close to red. There is some "bleed" into the visible spectrum and when the LED's come on, you can see the faint red glow. A deer doesn't understand cameras and may look at the odd red glow but it won't scare them away. If a person is stealing a sign and notices a red light come on, they might investigate - and now you've lost your sign and your camera.

That's why mine are lag bolted to trees inside of metal security boxes with pad locks. If you have time and tools you could definitely steal it. But the average lawn sign grabber isn't rolling with a cordless sawzall or big bolt cutters.

I would just wrap the sign in barbed wire

Or slather KY Jelly all over it mixed with your piss

Or if you want less harm - dig a couple small holes and cement it in place and cover the cement holes with some dirt - now THAT would be hilarious and prob give you enough time to get your 12 gauge

• Like 1

This is too wierd... I have a relative who is a fanatical Trump supporter. Someone is stealing his Trump signs in Warren County - so he's doing the same thing - setting up a "sting" w/camera. Yikes... is this a trend? Do we need bundled sign + camera packages given out by campaigns these days?

Though I'm laughing at the pictures (above)...  there's something very sad and outrageous about this. It's pretty despicable actually.

• Like 1

This is too wierd... I have a relative who is a fanatical Trump supporter. Someone is stealing his Trump signs in Warren County - so he's doing the same thing - setting up a "sting" w/camera. Yikes... is this a trend? Do we need bundled sign + camera packages given out by campaigns these days?

Though I'm laughing at the pictures (above)...  there's something very sad and outrageous about this. It's pretty despicable actually.

This is the progressive agenda - a lot of hate and crime for things they do not agree with or like - look at the DC elites and Hollywood, everyone is going to "move to Canada", Trump's Hollywood star gets demolished and no one bats an eye, his campaign HQ in NC gets firebombed, people beating the shit out of Trump supporters at rallies, its fucking disgusting - are you surprised in the least?  I have a neighbor who has had his sign stolen 4 times already -

If Trump wins to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if 3/4 of the Democrat party just didn't show up for work and staged a protest outside the Capitol - look at the fucking Rosa Parks bullshit they pulled over "secret lists" for gun buyers -

• Like 1

This is the progressive agenda - a lot of hate and crime for things they do not agree with or like - look at the DC elites and Hollywood, everyone is going to "move to Canada", Trump's Hollywood star gets demolished and no one bats an eye, his campaign HQ in NC gets firebombed, people beating the shit out of Trump supporters at rallies, its fucking disgusting - are you surprised in the least?  I have a neighbor who has had his sign stolen 4 times already -

If Trump wins to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if 3/4 of the Democrat party just didn't show up for work and staged a protest outside the Capitol - look at the fucking Rosa Parks bullshit they pulled over "secret lists" for gun buyers -

Eh... I think that's only the "lunatic fringe" - e.g., the real hardliners of the progressive movement (committed, over-the-top activist types).

I have MANY friends/colleagues that will be voting for HRC - 1 or 2 are even relatively enthusiastic (rather hard for me to understand). They might roll their eyes if they see a Trump sign and think/voice unkind thoughts... but not a single one of them would ever dream of stealing a campaign sign, nor destroying ANY kind of property that didn't belong to them. Most people on both sides of the political spectrum are still pretty decent IMO. You may think that's naïve, but it's what my life experience tells me.

No I'm with you - its basically how our country was founded and the viewpoints thereafter, one third of the population is like your colleagues and supports their side but not too wild, one third are like you and me we have our views on the opposite end but we wouldn't be violent, and the other third is the fringe of both right and left who do these things -

• Like 1

No I'm with you - its basically how our country was founded and the viewpoints thereafter, one third of the population is like your colleagues and supports their side but not too wild, one third are like you and me we have our views on the opposite end but we wouldn't be violent, and the other third is the fringe of both right and left who do these things -

Only one third of eligible voters actually vote. So really were talking about 1/3 of 1/3 on the lunatic fringe. The other 200 million people in our country are basically just zombies, who just go along with whatever we decide for them.

Only one third of eligible voters actually vote. So really were talking about 1/3 of 1/3 on the lunatic fringe. The other 200 million people in our country are basically just zombies, who just go along with whatever we decide for them.

Record breaking early ballot numbers this year. But to your point, this is not an average year.
  • Like 1