jrfly3006

Which Ambi-Safety Selector do you like?

Battle Arms Development Ambi Safety Selector - BAD ASS

I have one on each of my ARs. Worth every penny. The selector is slick and smooth in its movement with positive clicks holding it in place. The standard short lever on the Ambi side is perfect, but you can choose different styles if you prefer.

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-ass-ambi-safety-selector-ar15-ar10r

• Like 2

I just ordered a BAD Ass to install in my M&P-15 Sport.  Unfortunately it appears to be 1/8 of an inch or so too wide -- when installed the selector on one side doesnt fit flush and there is some play and it doesn't have a "click" when engaging.  The lower is supposedly milspec.  Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?  I contacted their customer service and they asked for pictures, but I thought I would check here.

I just ordered a BAD Ass to install in my M&P-15 Sport.  Unfortunately it appears to be 1/8 of an inch or so too wide -- when installed the selector on one side doesnt fit flush and there is some play and it doesn't have a "click" when engaging.  The lower is supposedly milspec.  Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?  I contacted their customer service and they asked for pictures, but I thought I would check here.

Are you sure you installed it in the right orientation? Detent and spring properly put in next to the pistol grip channel?

Almost sounds like you installed it backward

A little play is normal

It was my screw up.  I think I had the levers installed the wrong way. Works great.  I agree that it is way overpriced.  But as a lefty i find it very helpful.  I have the long lever installed on the right side and short on the left.  I put it on fire with my the thumb on my left hand/shooting hand and make safe with my index finger.

6 gorilla glued pertified toothpicks each side with a deckscrew through each side.

58 bux for a safety... You are all nuts...

1fff82f89cbacd821779529a6cf38d08.jpg

You get what u pay for. I have 4 of em and love em.

The Noveske one isn't bad, but I like the feel of the levers on the BadASS

• Like 1

You get what u pay for. I have 4 of em and love em.

The Noveske one isn't bad, but I like the feel of the levers on the BadASS

I'm not saying the quality is bad but I do cringe on prices of small parts that can be churned out like butter. While I will agree with that statement for the most part, I never seen any safety levers that were shoddy even if they were 20 bux. Some of these companies see folk with that mentality coming a mile away without binoculars. We are not talking about more crucial parts like barrels, firing mechanisms or others parts for instance. TETO...

Oh and why are you so giggly feeling up safeties? Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk