Sign in to follow this  
Carcano

NH non-resident CCW / Carry in PA

I emailed NH Permits/Licensing about the non-resident permit, the old NH application (hasn't been updated) still mentions having to posses a valid CCW from your home state but this isn't the case. Matter of fact, no training/proof of training is even required.

I asked if I needed to submit any training docs or anything else with my application and check, this is the response I received (NH Permits/Licensing):

"Due to a recent change in the law, you will only need to complete the application and enclose a check made out to State of New Hampshire – Treasurer in the amount of $100.00."

I double checked the PA AG website and it shows the non-resident NH as being valid. So, if you have a $100 and 5 minutes to fill out the application you can now carry in PA. Anyone on here have a NH non-resident permit?

I double checked the PA AG website and it shows the non-resident NH as being valid. So, if you have a $100 and 5 minutes to fill out the application you can now carry in PA. Anyone on here have a NH non-resident permit?

Make sure you check again in January 2017. If Josh Shapiro, the Democrat running for AG, pulls out a win he's already said that he's targeting reciprocity agreements. Quoting from his website:

Review concealed carry permit reciprocity agreements

Pennsylvania sets and enforces its own gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them due to criminal activities or mental health issues. But some get approval to carry from other states and skirt our laws. As Attorney General, Shapiro will carefully review Pennsylvania’s reciprocity agreements and modify or close those that would allow guns into the hands of dangerous people who should not have them under Pennsylvania law.

Source: www. joshshapiro. org / agenda / getting-tough-on-gun-violence /  (take out the spaces)

Edited by Cereza

I emailed NH Permits/Licensing about the non-resident permit, the old NH application (hasn't been updated) still mentions having to posses a valid CCW from your home state but this isn't the case. Matter of fact, no training/proof of training is even required.

I asked if I needed to submit any training docs or anything else with my application and check, this is the response I received (NH Permits/Licensing):

"Due to a recent change in the law, you will only need to complete the application and enclose a check made out to State of New Hampshire – Treasurer in the amount of $100.00."

no kidding we been discussing this for months and there is numerous threads about it. U live under a rock?

• Like 3

Make sure you check again in January 2017. If Josh Shapiro, the Democrat running for AG, pulls out a win he's already said that he's targeting reciprocity agreements. Quoting from his website:

Pennsylvania sets and enforces its own gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them due to criminal activities or mental health issues. But some get approval to carry from other states and skirt our laws. As Attorney General, Shapiro will carefully review Pennsylvania’s reciprocity agreements and modify or close those that would allow guns into the hands of dangerous people who should not have them under Pennsylvania law.

Source: www. joshshapiro. org / agenda / getting-tough-on-gun-violence /  (take out the spaces)

While he's at it what about the PA LTCF? no training required...just visit the local sheriff...

I get that he's anti gun but I wonder if NH will kill PA carry in retaliation? remember how VA threatened to terminate reciprocity?

Source: www. joshshapiro. org / agenda / getting-tough-on-gun-violence /  (take out the spaces

and hoping to prevent this guy (Shapiro) from getting in, maybe navigate to his opponent's website (http://www.raffertyforag.com/donate/) and throw a few bucks his way. Shapiro is a "D" who is supported by CeaseFirePA and Everytown and has a 4 to 1 funding advantage (thanks to the Bloomberg mafia's 250K donation)  over John Rafferty (the "R" candidate).

• Like 1

and hoping to prevent this guy (Shapiro) from getting in, maybe navigate to his opponent's website (http://www.raffertyforag.com/donate/) and throw a few bucks his way. Shapiro is a "D" who is supported by CeaseFirePA and Everytown and has a 4 to 1 funding advantage (thanks to the Bloomberg mafia's 250K donation)  over John Rafferty (the "R" candidate).

Thanks for the link. I just donated $50.

Regards

Carcano, refer to the thread entitled "Meanwhile in New Hampshire". 18 pages of posts so far and counting.

Happy reading.

P.s. Sent in my application last week.

MiNH Link: http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/81880-meanwhile-in-new-hampshire/

Maybe we can change this one to the "Save NH CCW in PA!" thread? 

^^^^^^

Was closely following this as well and even donated to Rafferty. Apparently, Bloomberg out donated me ☹️.

With Trump's win, coupled with Republicans retaining control of the House and Senate, hopefully we have a good chance of seeing National Reciprocity passed.

• Like 1

now is the time for all pro 2a associations across the country to push for a TRUE reciprocity.   Time to start writing all 2a / constitutional politicians to get this moving as we may only have 2 years,     

the reciprocity must include and recognize states like ours that do not abide by the constitution.  it should also very clearly define that a "gun free" zone can not arbitrarily be instituted by local, county or states. 

sappa lawsuit needs to start moving along as well and be wary of Obama trying to settle before he leaves office.

Virginia did not threaten to revoke resiprocity with PA. They threatened to revoke it for about 25 states. Sounds a little different when stated that way.

So, we have 52 sesnators. Well, some of those Senators are from Jersey, NY, MD, and CA. NJ (and then NY) having passed all of the worst gun laws on a national level. Heck, your friend Schumer is still in the senate:

"While serving in the House of Representatives, Schumer, along with California Senator Dianne Feinstein, authored the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban which expired in 2004. The National Rifle Association and other gun groups (see gun politics) have criticized him for allegedly not knowing much about guns, alluding to various errors regarding the subject.[citation needed] Supporters of gun control legislation, however, give him much of the credit for passage of both the Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.[citation needed] The Assault Weapons Ban, which banned semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns with certain features, expired in September 2004 despite attempts by Schumer to extend it. He was one of 16 Senators to vote against the Vitter Amendment, which prohibited the confiscation of legally owned firearms during a disaster."

Very ative anti-gun career. He's not alone. This is why we need Ubber Super Tsunami to hit the entire Northeastern Seaboard.

Would any Dems cross the line and help us? If it's obviously going nowhere, yes. If it could pass, unknown.

Would