silverado427

Looking for a AK

buy a wasr if you can find one, if not then check out DDI or even palmetto. those would be my recommendations, I would also try to stay away from the new century builds, I was considering buying one until they came out with a proprietary side rail, that killed it for me 

Vepr, wasr npap, definately a saiga if you can find one.

personally i have a saiga and a wasr

avoid things like the century ras47, they have reports of soft front trunions causing headspacing issues

The PSA47 looks very promising, as do the new DDI rifles

dont even let the words IO enter your head

All good advice so far. I would suggest an import over a domestic for a million reasons, especially if it's your first AK.

I'd suggest a Vepr or sar1. Can't beat them for their price and a ton better than your normal WASR. Yugos are nice, I think people make too big of a deal in terms of their somewhat proprietary furniture. They're solid rifles, different furniture doesn't bother most people including me but we all have our preferences.

Nothing but good experiences with the Century Arms c39v2. They run for $800 to $900 and are American made as well. Luciano's in Lodi had some about week ago.

WASRs are not bad choices either especially for the price. You just need to be sure the sights are properly aligned and check for internal damage. AK Operators Union on YouTube is a great source of information and tests on various AKMs. I hope this post helps.

P.S. Gun For Hire in Woodland Park have a few models to rent as well.

• Like 1

I might be selling my sam7r-61n if anyone is looking in that price range. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

It has the RS regulate side mount with PA advanced microdot, AKT trigger, and warsaw length buttstock.

I might be selling my sam7r-61n if anyone is looking in that price range. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

It has the RS regulate side mount with PA advanced microdot, AKT trigger, and warsaw length buttstock.

That's the model Arsenal I have. Very nice!

You gotta be nuts to even think about selling a gun the day before this election

• Like 1

Nothing but good experiences with the Century Arms c39v2. They run for $800 to $900 and are American made as well. .

Interesting to hear that.  Seems that Century Arms AK's get little love on here.  I'm looking for another AK as well (I currently have a Saiga),

and the CA look and price point are attractive.  

Surprise, surprise: every shop in Camden, Gloucester, and western Burlington county wants $100 more than "normal" price. Just like every other firearm they have for sale.

If they're stocking the SAM7R-61N, it's been out of stock for a long time or it's been discontinued. 

You can get the regular version.  It just needs to be made compliant.