jiujiujiu

Transport to the range

I read the other thread, but I seem to recall there being some specific law that ammo has to be completely separated from the firearm while in transit.  Simply being unloaded isn't enough.  Is this correct? Do I have to keep the ammo in the cab while the handgun is unloaded in the trunk?  Or can I keep them together in the same case like I do at home or in a free state?

I read the other thread, but I seem to recall there being some specific law that ammo has to be completely separated from the firearm while in transit.  Simply being unloaded isn't IS enough.  Is this correct? Do I have to keep the ammo in the cab while the handgun is unloaded in the trunk?  Or can I keep them together in the same case like I do at home or in a free state?

Unloaded.    Where you keep your ammo is up to you, as long as it's not in the firearm.   Special care should be taken with hollow points as in, they should be treated the same way you treat handguns.  Always within the exemptions.

The other stuff can legally roll around in the floorboards.

Just keep it out of the firearm - I don't want to get into the pissing match on whether you can have mags loaded or not - some do, and some don't - I only take a range back, keep the mags out of my pistols, and put ammo in a pocket of the bag - I take one bag to and from the range and that's it

Just keep it out of the firearm - I don't want to get into the pissing match on whether you can have mags loaded or not - some do, and some don't - I only take a range back, keep the mags out of my pistols, and put ammo in a pocket of the bag - I take one bag to and from the range and that's it

Best answer to this question I have seen. And its asked A lot

• Like 1

What other thread was separate mentioned? I am sure THAT was corrected.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

There was a huge pissing match about mags being loaded to and from the range and some of the fear scholars who shake in their boots to step outside their front porch with a bag with a gun in it were saying its probably illegal because if the magazine is loaded but its out of the pistol you are taking to the range a cop would assume its a loaded firearm - google search it was something in the title about loaded mags

I read the other thread, but I seem to recall there being some specific law that ammo has to be completely separated from the firearm while in transit.  Simply being unloaded isn't enough.  Is this correct? Do I have to keep the ammo in the cab while the handgun is unloaded in the trunk?  Or can I keep them together in the same case like I do at home or in a free state?

I picked up a 4 pack of pad locks from Lowes that all use the same key.  It's overkill, but I like to lock my guns and ammo can.

• Like 1

ShoreShot allows you to bring your own ammo as long as it's brass casings.The fomer Brick Armory did too. Which ones do you know of just curious......

They are pretty lenient about steel and aluminum, as long as it's not busy and you're willing to pick it up.

Have to use their ammo in rental guns.

Sounds like Hagues in West Deptford, NJ! (Indoor range) You have to buy their overpriced ammo if you are not a member and they keep all brass.

Great place to buy Sig guns as they are one of the lowest priced dealers. (Just got a Sig P938BRG with night sights for $599) Range is a rip off though!