Samdjr74

Any Vepr dealers in NJ?

Not sure if you've ever handled an Ak before but if you have, make the jump and buy it asap. If not then I can understand wanting to see it before. Either way, they are highly underrated and the quality is excellent.

Are you talking about a slant cut Sporter or new square back Fime?

• Like 1

Not sure if you've ever handled an Ak before but if you have, make the jump and buy it asap. If not then I can understand wanting to see it before. Either way, they are highly underrated and the quality is excellent.

Are you talking about a slant cut Sporter or new square back Fime?

I prefer the slant cut sporter but again,I'd like to physically check one out before putting out the money.

I prefer the slant cut sporter but again,I'd like to physically check one out before putting out the money.

The new import has a square receiver like V1's and had a bullet guide already installed as well as converted furniture. Just something to think about.

Also, I'd buy it before handling it. I know that's hard but they're hard to find now and if you can find one, better grab it.

Ok, thanks all for the info. If Joe is a dealer I'll most likely be ordering a 7.62X39 with the longest barrel I can get on Thursday. I've heard nothing but good things about the Vepr and you guys just reinforced that message. I have Thursday off so it's a perfect day to go gun shopping!

Not the best pic of it but I've never been much of a photographer. It's in 7.62X39 with a 23" barrel

15253370_10208081453689652_3499878914869

Nice pick up! Congrats. The new VEPR's have some great looking wood furniture on them.

Not sure if you're planning on converting it to AKM, but at least install a bullet guide so you can use surplus AK mags.

Nice pick up! Congrats. The new VEPR's have some great looking wood furniture on them.

Not sure if you're planning on converting it to AKM, but at least install a bullet guide so you can use surplus AK mags.

Thanks, I'm considering installing the bullet guide down the road but right now I'll leave it stock and make a list of changes I think it needs. One thing that I plan on doing is install a charging handle cover/knob to give me a better grip.