Sign in to follow this  
87 Cam

Scope ring opinions

This is what im working with. Remington 700 heavy barrel with the rail it came with and a monarch 3 50mm objective scope. Should i go with seperate or 1 piece rings and what brand? Looking to keep scope low to the barrel

post-2394-0-46925700-1478461042_thumb.jpg

post-2394-0-21560300-1478461066_thumb.jpg

I have a 700 with a 20 MOA rail on it. I used single rings to get the scope as low to the barrel as possible. Those one piece set ups add too much height. I really like Burris XTR and SWFA rings. They come in different heights from Low (1/4") to Xtra High (1") and are available for 30mm or 1" tubes (the swfa's are 30mm and come with 1" inserts).

http://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings/xtreme-tactical-rings

http://swfa.com/Aluminum-30mm-C3056.aspx

Here is a pic of my setup:

My rings are 34mm, so they look a little different from the 30mm/1" rings.

2qkikio.jpg

I run a set of Weaver six hole tactical rings on my Savage 10FCP-K .223 with a Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40, and it has held zero for the 4+ years I've had them installed on the rifle.  I also have a few Weaver Quad Lock rings on my Savage 93R17TR .17HMR and Mark II BRJ .22LR which have held zero perfectly as well.  Admittedly, none of these are exactly high recoil calibers, but I have been happy with the Weavers enough that I'll continue buying more for future rifles.

I really like the Seekins two piece rings. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and they are still less then some of the other big name ring makers like Badger Ordnance. Great value IMHO. And they dont leave ring marks if properly installed.