Pizza Bob

Jack Reacher Movie

No spoilers here. This isn't a critically acclaimed movie, but it is good fun. Lots of action and a bit of schmaltz. If you are a Reacher fan you will enjoy it. Just one heads-up: There is a scene in the movie where Jack is flying to New Orleans from Norfolk. He steals an ID to accomplish this - the scene in question has a TSA agent studying the photo on the bogus ID and then looking at the person in front of him - an obvious mismatch, but of course, he lets him through anyway (a little jab at the TSA there). The person that plays the TSA agent is Lee Child - the creator of Jack Reacher and author of all the Reacher books. Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

.I'm unclear how runty 5'6" Tom Cruise got the role of a 6'5" brute.  Also, Jack Reacher doesn't drive.   30 seconds into the first movie, he's tooling down the highway.

Ah well, I guess the first one was fun for what it was.

He drives but he does not have a DL

Dave

More like he doesn't own much or a car. I though the first one was great, especially Duval(sp?)

I'd live to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.I'm unclear how runty 5'6" Tom Cruise got the role of a 6'5" brute. Also, Jack Reacher doesn't drive. 30 seconds into the first movie, he's tooling down the highway.

Ah well, I guess the first one was fun for what it was.

Everybody looks big on the silver screen. If I'm not mistaken, he does a lot of his own stunts and is in pretty good shape although he needs to hit the bench. Boy def needs bigger pecs. :)

More like he doesn't own much or a car. I though the first one was great, especially Duval(sp?)

I'd live to see it.

Really Duvall? Come one dude Rosamund Pike was the star.

• Like 1

Really Duvall? Come one dude Rosamund Pike was the star.

No doubt. She is ultra hot. She made the movie with her beauty, those eyes, that smile, those boobz... ehem, lol.

But I've been a fan of his work since forever. He's a crackup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt. She is ultra hot. She made the movie with her beauty, those eyes, that smile, those boobz... ehem, lol.

But I've been a fan of his work since forever. He's a crackup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duvall is friggin' awesome I just couldn't miss the opportunity to bring up smokin' hot Rosie.

• Like 1

As an avid consumer of the books for the last 14 years or so, I reached out to Lee when the first movie was set for production asking about the casting.  His publicist returned my mail promptly the next day and noted that they were excited that Cruise signed on.  Obviously it was the star power in play  You can't really blame them, although a guy like Dolf Lungren would fit the attibutes far better (or a younger version by now).  Dwayne Johnson might have fit the mark these days, for star power and actually looking the part.

But I always liked the MI movies with Cruise, so I can live with it.  But yeah, a 5'6" actor does not convince anyone that he fits the 6'5" 250lb Reacher character.

But I always liked the MI movies with Cruise, so I can live with it.  But yeah, a 5'6" actor does not convince anyone that he fits the 6'5" 250lb Reacher character.

Should have called it Jack Can'treach'er.  Maybe Jack Needsastool.