Krdshrk

NJ Stun Gun law ruled Unconstitutional

11 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Again, Nappen is wrong. Just like the shockwave issue. We have State Officials putting out letters stating things are now legal. Yes, the laws need to be changed to reflect that. Why isn't Nappen trying to change the law instead of making thee statements? Nevermind..$$$$$$$

Because he's a lawyer - he wants people to lawyer up and give him money 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Again, Nappen is wrong. Just like the shockwave issue. We have State Officials putting out letters stating things are now legal. Yes, the laws need to be changed to reflect that. Why isn't Nappen trying to change the law instead of making thee statements? Nevermind..$$$$$$$

Muscle!

my read also... 

# I heart Paul 

1 hour ago, djw2033 said:

As of October 22, 2017, in accordance with a Consent Order entered in the United States District Court, prior statutory prohibitions against selling or possessing stun guns in New Jersey have been declared unconstitutional.  By virtue of this ruling, New Jersey is now on similar footing as 39 other states that allow stun guns with limited or no restrictions so, unless there is a change to the law, no permit or license will be required to obtain or possess a stun gun.  However, the State Police have proposed a rule, expected to be adopted in December, prohibiting minors under the age of 18 from obtaining or possessing stun guns. Law enforcement has been directed to adhere to this rule, pending adoption and thereafter.   In addition to the proposed regulations, current statutory provisions that establish restrictions on stun guns remain in force and effect, including laws that prohibit felons and incompetent persons from possessing stun guns, possession on school grounds, possession for an unlawful purpose, and possession under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as a stun gun may have. 

The problem with that statement is the only way to tell if someone is a felon, or a prohibited person is to run a NICs check on a 4473. But, since the Feds don't require a NICS check for a Stun Gun, it's going to get sticky on to weed out such persons.

A dealer can check age by asking for a D/L 0 that is no problem, but besides the legality of owning, we are all waiting on NJ to comment on Carrying?   Can you let your wife have it in her purse? At this point, no one knows for sure..........

28 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

The problem with that statement is the only way to tell if someone is a felon, or a prohibited person is to run a NICs check on a 4473. But, since the Feds don't require a NICS check for a Stun Gun, it's going to get sticky on to weed out such persons.

A dealer can check age by asking for a D/L 0 that is no problem, but besides the legality of owning, we are all waiting on NJ to comment on Carrying?   Can you let your wife have it in her purse? At this point, no one knows for sure..........

If you’re a felon, and carying, you’re screwed.

as far as your stand point on sales.

18 and over is my read and my chiefs read.

The more I read and research this issue and research how other states handled it when they repealed their laws, I think we can carry (I’m no expert or lawyer). It seems like as of now the only prohibition is those under 18, felons, and on school or college property. When DC repealed their ban they basically became unregulated except in those examples and more specific cases of government property where they were prohibited. My concern is this gets changed in the near future with additional regulation, but I could be wrong, NJ could just leave them unregulated like DC. 

I just asked a local LEO, his response was so typical of NJ PD I wouldn't want to get caught with one, Of course WE have them....

Not for nothing officer, but why is YOUR life more important than mine???????

That mentality HAS to change,

• Like 2

I just asked a local LEO, his response was so typical of NJ PD I wouldn't want to get caught with one, Of course WE have them....
Not for nothing officer, but why is YOUR life more important than mine???????

That mentality HAS to change,
Why wouldn't you want to be caught with something perfectly legal ?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, carl_g said:

Everything I read says ability to own not carry... Don't you guys get in trouble for weapon possession if you are pulled over, have a big mag light in car, and your answer to the officer's question of "What do you have that in your car for?" is "Just in case?"

To light up the sky like a firefly..

As far as possibly being a prohibited person why not ask to have a nics done when purchasing one to rule it out and keep the paper work saying so.. especially if your not a FID holder.

Say call it non lethal weapons check..etc..  NLWC..

1 hour ago, tony357 said:

To light up the sky like a firefly..

As far as possibly being a prohibited person why not ask to have a nics done when purchasing one to rule it out and keep the paper work saying so.. especially if your not a FID holder.

Say call it non lethal weapons check..etc..  NLWC..

Against the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djw2033 said:

Anyone get there’s yet ?

so much back and forth on Facebook people are even scared to buy them now 

Yup.   I got the Taser M26c and it's friggin huge.

Compared to my Px4 Storm 9mm Full Size and my M&P Shield.  With the taser cartridge in, the M26c is 8" Long and 6.5" high... and the grip is FAT.  

raRkKhB.jpg 

I'm thinking of getting a Pulse instead now...  This is definitely not concealable unless I put it in a bag or something.

Yup.   I got the Taser M26c and it's friggin huge.
Compared to my Px4 Storm 9mm Full Size and my M&P Shield.  With the taser cartridge in, the M26c is 8" Long and 6.5" high... and the grip is FAT.  
raRkKhB.jpg 
I'm thinking of getting a Pulse instead now...  This is definitely not concealable unless I put it in a bag or something.
Maybe a duffle bag [emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, djw2033 said:

Anyone get there’s yet ?

so much back and forth on Facebook people are even scared to buy them now 

I’m close, then I keep talking myself out of it. I don’t know what to decide...... I don’t want it if carrying it will lead to issues. My home defense is pretty well covered by traditional ballistic weapons ;) 

In related news Philadelphia repealed their ban yesterday, so you can now carry them in Pennsylvania as a whole and in the city. So this makes it more viable for me for sure, as the Pennsylvania laws are more certain when it comes to carry on persons. Seeing all these new repeals makes me more confident NJ isn’t going to put any restrictions on carry, and that we could in fact carry now, but I don’t want to be the test case that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

Pulse in hand.

Initial impressions - compact.  Comparable size to a Glock 26, although about 1.5" shorter from "muzzle" to rear, and the grip is about 1/2" longer, but still not enough room for pinky finger.

It does not ship with what I'd call a holster - instead it's a neoprene "sock" that covers the "slide", safety and trigger.  It's a tight fit too, a struggle to get on and off.  The sock is going back in the box, this needs a real holster.  Futzing around with getting the sock off takes two hands and several seconds.

The trigger has about 1/8" inch travel and is very light.  I'm guessing it just closes a switch.

The safety is annoyingly the reverse direction of a 1911 safety - you sweep it up to disable safety, sweep down to enable safety.  Disabling the safety is turning the tazer on - the flashlight and laser come on when the safety is disabled.  Flashlight is pretty anemic - I don't have a lumen meter, but I'm guessing you won't see much beyond 25-30 feet in the darkness with the light.

The probe cartridge is easily removable, press in two tabs on the side of the cartridge and it pops out.  When the cartridge is out, disabling the safety and pulling the triggers sets off electrodes at the end of the "muzzle" for what I guess is 30 seconds.  The arc continues to zap when I let go of the trigger, so after a few seconds I enabled the safety and that shut it off.

The electrodes are spread apart on the end of the "muzzle", and also angled from each other (the "muzzle" is not flat).  If you're going to zap somebody with the muzzle you'll need to sink it into a patch of flesh so that both electrodes make contact.

• Like 2