Krdshrk

NJ Stun Gun law ruled Unconstitutional

5 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Pulse in hand.

Initial impressions - compact.  Comparable size to a Glock 26, although about 1.5" shorter from "muzzle" to rear, and the grip is about 1/2" longer, but still not enough room for pinky finger.

Definitely a lot smaller than the M26c then... Dang.  Paul - I'm gonna hit you up lol.

Just read the 10/20/2017 AG Memo on stun guns:

N.J.S.A. 2C:38-3(h) win for NJ resident.

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-9(d) win for NJ resident.  

All other provisions of the Criminal Code pertaining to stun guns remain in force and shall continue to be enforced, including:

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4(d)

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4.1

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5(d)

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5(e)(2)

N.J.S.A. 2C:39-7(a)

Per the 10/20/2017 AG memo nothing changed except a NJ resident over the age of 18 may now posses and transport the previous banned CEW. 

Meaning no carrying. Unless the AG amends the memo. 

A CEW is still under the Criminal Code classified as a weapon under N.J.S.A 2C:39-4(d). 

17 minutes ago, 4theboys said:

Per the 10/20/2017 AG memo nothing changed except a NJ resident over the age of 18 may now posses and transport the previous banned CEW. 

A CEW is still under the Criminal Code classified as a weapon under N.J.S.A 2C:39-4(d). 

Then why not on school grounds, college or university without written consent.

im calling bullshit.

• Like 2

This response is not intended as legal advice but is offered for informational purposes only.  As indicated in our earlier e-mail, the Consent Order declared the provision prohibiting possession of a stun gun unconstitutional, making that prohibition unenforceable.  So, unless the law is changed, New Jersey law contains no permitting or similar requirement that must be satisfied in order to possess a stun gun (whether at home or in public).  And, as previously indicated, there are limitations under the current law which are not affected by the Consent Order.  You may wish to consult a private attorney should you require legal advice on this issue.

That was my final message from the ag

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, djw2033 said:

This response is not intended as legal advice but is offered for informational purposes only.  As indicated in our earlier e-mail, the Consent Order declared the provision prohibiting possession of a stun gun unconstitutional, making that prohibition unenforceable.  So, unless the law is changed, New Jersey law contains no permitting or similar requirement that must be satisfied in order to possess a stun gun (whether at home or in public).  And, as previously indicated, there are limitations under the current law which are not affected by the Consent Order.  You may wish to consult a private attorney should you require legal advice on this issue.

That was my final message from the ag

Sounds to me by the reading of the emails you received they do not have any issue with carrying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4theboys said:

Who are you? 20 poster? Hmmn

45 minutes ago, 4theboys said:

@Zeke no problem at all.  As I said to you in the message not here to pass judgement or debate. Just passed along the information I was provided. 

Awesome!!! Hi five! Welcome to the entrance of America 

• Like 2

Where is everyone seeing that you can't carry? It seems like it is legal to possess just like a knife as long as you are not committing a crime with it.The only restrictions I can see are in schools, under 18, and prohibited persons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJGF said:

Where is everyone seeing that you can't carry? It seems like it is legal to possess just like a knife as long as you are not committing a crime with it.The only restrictions I can see are in schools, under 18, and prohibited persons.

That’s how I have begun to understand it as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MacDan said:

That’s how I have begun to understand it as well. 

Let's say you get stopped by a cop, and you have a pocket knife on you. And the cop asks you for what lawful purpose do you have this knife, and your reply is for self-defense. You'll be taking a trip to the police station. There is really only one lawful purpose to carry a taser. It's reasonable and it's rational however that is not how the state of New Jersey will likely see it. One of the problems we have here is that what is not expressly denied is not tacitly implied to be permitted.

• Like 2

Let's say you get stopped by a cop, and you have a pocket knife on you. And the cop asks you for what lawful purpose do you have this knife, and your reply is for self-defense. You'll be taking a trip to the police station. There is really only one lawful purpose to carry a taser. It's reasonable and it's rational however that is not how the state of New Jersey will likely see it. One of the problems we have here is that what is not expressly denied is not tacitly implied to be permitted.
Since when is self defense not lawful?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stand corrected. NJ doesn't allow carrying a weapon for self defense so that would apply to knives and Stun guns without another lawful purpose. I have a feeling we are out of luck as far as carry goes. In the home they will be fine until NJ requires a P2P to purchase them. Ugh

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Since when is self defense not lawful?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

new jersey

5 minutes ago, NJGF said:

I stand corrected. NJ doesn't allow carrying a weapon for self defense so that would apply to knives and Stun guns without another lawful purpose. I have a feeling we are out of luck as far as carry goes. In the home they will be fine until NJ requires a P2P to purchase them. Ugh

wouldn't even consider them in the home