Krdshrk

NJ Stun Gun law ruled Unconstitutional

http://www.nj.com/burlington/index.ssf/2017/06/man_stuns_driver_with_taser_in_road_rage_clash_cop.html

i posted this up thread.

emailed Rebecca Everett for a follow up last week. Her response:

t looks like the illegal weapons charges were dismissed, but the simple assault charge remains. Thus, it was downgraded to municipal court, where simple assault cases are handled.
Thanks for reading,
Rebecca

suck it!

and Merry Christmas!:beach:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

http://www.nj.com/burlington/index.ssf/2017/06/man_stuns_driver_with_taser_in_road_rage_clash_cop.html

i posted this up thread.

emailed Rebecca Everett for a follow up last week. Her response:

t looks like the illegal weapons charges were dismissed, but the simple assault charge remains. Thus, it was downgraded to municipal court, where simple assault cases are handled.
Thanks for reading,
Rebecca

suck it!

and Merry Christmas!:beach:

If someone approaches you in this manner, this is legal grounds for self defense! Prediction, Taser man walks! Tased Man, walks a little funny.

There are many case documents where the approacher was shot and the shooter walked in clear fear of life self defense. This asshole is lucky he was only tased. Fuck you, tough guy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

If someone approaches you in this manner, this is legal grounds for self defense! Prediction, Taser man walks! Tased Man, walks a little funny.

There are many case documents where the approacher was shot and the shooter walked in clear fear of life self defense. This asshole is lucky he was only tased. Fuck you, tough guy!

This is 100% correct. It’s up to the “ municipal “ court to decide any fines. No difference than a bat, or tire iron. 

• Like 1

here's all i know. way back when i was young, and thought i was billy badass, i wasn't. now that i'm almost old, i'm less billy badass than i was back then. i'll do whatever i gotta do to avoid some asshat that's younger, bigger, and faster than me from hurting me.  if i gotta tase his ass, i'll laugh at him too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djw2033 said:

Has anyone heard a peep from the new AG on this?

why are the laws not updates online ?

Actually, the new magazine ban/restriction that was just voted on in the Assembly has a stun gun ban attached to it. I haven't seen anyone actually make reference to it.

5 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Actually, the new magazine ban/restriction that was just voted on in the Assembly has a stun gun ban attached to it. I haven't seen anyone actually make reference to it.

18 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Shhhhhh.   Stop mentioning the stun gun ban in the new legislation......

loose lips sink ships. dammit. how many times do you guys hafta hear that??

14 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

I have been living under the rock for couple of years now and someone came back from Nappen's recent talk and said Tasers/Stun Guns are illegal to possess outside one's home.  How are tasers to be treated outside one's home ?

Nappen/Schmutter say illegal outside the home, NJ2AS says "should be legal, but here's some theory and documentation to back you up".  There's no case law/arrests/charges for possessing a taser outside the home that I'm aware of yet.

NJ2AS's take (make sure to click through to their "Informational Packet"):

https://www.nj2as.org/taser

My emphasis added below:

...For your convenience we have also attached the Consent Order signed by Shipp advising that self-defense is an appropriate purpose for carrying a stun gun or taser in public. We hope you find this information in good order and will use it appropriately to prevent good samaritans from being wrongfully arrested. ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackandjill said:

I have been living under the rock for couple of years now and someone came back from Nappen's recent talk and said Tasers/Stun Guns are illegal to possess outside one's home.  How are tasers to be treated outside one's home ?

Here’s the deal. We have a test case of road rage were a taser was involved that was dropped to the municipal level. My Lt le has recommended a taser carry class to my wife. My chief says ok. 

If you taze someone it’s similar to assault, and you need to prove self defense, hands fists same deal.

and there are prohibiting places to carry.

Read the thread

• Informative 1

Lawyers will always tell you to "CYA".  That's what they get paid to do.  When case law doesn't exist, it's up to the individual to know the use of force & when to apply it & HOW.  I recommend classes in the use of force by Martial Strength Training Academy on Rt. 202 in Branchburg.  Owner Mike Wolf is a CNJFO sponsor.  He runs a tight ship.  https://www.martialstrength.com .

Image may contain: Liz Berger and David Rosenthal, people smiling, people standing

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Lawyers will always tell you to "CYA".  That's what they get paid to do.  When case law doesn't exist, it's up to the individual to know the use of force & when to apply it & HOW.  I recommend classes in the use of force by Martial Strength Training Academy on Rt. 202 in Branchburg.  Owner Mike Wolf is a CNJFO sponsor.  He runs a tight ship.  https://www.martialstrength.com .

Image may contain: Liz Berger and David Rosenthal, people smiling, people standing

Dude! You look like a ninja! I’m done messing with you!

• Haha 1

Hey Rosie.  Isnt that guys name in the photo mike?   I trained with him years ago.  Jkd muy thai and jui jitsu.  Hes got alot of years under his belt in all different forms.  Good guy. 

Duh.  Just read the whole thing.  Yeah mike is no joke.    Wassup mike.  

• Agree 1