Krdshrk

NJ Stun Gun law ruled Unconstitutional

6 minutes ago, galapoola said:

Bought a Pulse at Java Run Wholesale, try the discount code REG10 for a 10% discount. They sell on Amazon for less but Amazon hasn't lifted the NJ restriction. With the discount it's about the same price.

Wow now that's a great price...

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, galapoola said:

By virtue of this ruling, New Jersey is now on similar footing as 39 other states that allow stun guns with limited or no restrictions so, unless there is a change to the law, no permit or license will be required to obtain or possess a stun gun.  However, the State Police have proposed a rule, expected to be adopted in December, prohibiting minors under the age of 18 from obtaining or possessing stun guns. Law enforcement has been directed to adhere to this rule, pending adoption and thereafter.   In addition to the proposed regulations, current statutory provisions that establish restrictions on stun guns remain in force and effect, including laws that prohibit felons and incompetent persons from possessing stun guns, possession on school grounds, possession for an unlawful purpose, and possession under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as a stun gun may have.

Anyone considering carry one ala D.C. smack down style from a few years ago?

37 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Here’s the thing I’ve learned from Enduro @carl_g and @varna

less is more..

Mies Van Der Rohe quote.  Nice!

I get where you’re coming from.  I was curious to see if there may be some hypothetical “carriers” among us.  If this is step 1 in getting the right of self-protection outside our homes back, then I thought that it would be interesting to see if anyone was thinking about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I get where you’re coming from.  I was curious to see if there may be some hypothetical “carriers” among us.  If this is step 1 in getting the right of self-protection outside our homes back, then I thought that it would be interesting to see if anyone was thinking about it.

Why poke a bear?

13th warrior” how do you kill a bear”

baddas viking” you go in  with spears when they are sleeping “

jus sayen 

16 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I'm guessing that if tasers are now protected in NJ under the umbrella of the 2nd Amendment, they must be an "arm" for "bearing". The NJAG decided not to fight the federal suit after the SCOTUS ruling dropped in 2016. The precedent now is that "arms" are not to be "infringed" via NJ's laws. Heller said any weapon in common use is protected and there is no technology limit (i.e. freedom of speech is covered on TV even though we didn't have TV in the 1700's) So . . . a handgun carried as an "arm" should be treated similar to a taser. To keep and bear a taser (allowed by NJ) should be the gateway to firearm keep and bear. Maybe Alan Gura and/or 2nd Amendment Foundation is already on this. They may just need a vehicle to use in order to start things.

• Like 2

Someone pointed me to an article posted here in which State v Kelly was referenced. Halfway down we read " We know that under State v. Kelly, self defense does not count as a "lawful use" under 2C:39-5(d)" The gist of the opinion is that only part of stung guns was struck down. Apparently there is more than one way to skin a cat and NJ left something for the prosecutors.The Consent Order didn't cover possession of weapons so therefore there is an avenue to arrest and prosecute???
If the case mentions Heller and if stun guns are covered because they are weapons and if Heller says a primary reason for firearms is self defense, then I'm not sure why an "intended use" comes into question. The only use for a stun gun is for self defense. Regardless of State v Kelly, Heller and it's incorporation to the states by McDonald overrides any dumb NJ case law.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 4:40 PM, Downtownv said:

I’ve carried mine for several weels

spoke to Alex @ Nj2sa yesterday he’s releasing a newsletter any day now

It's not a problem to carry one.  You could always have carried it.  Hell, you can carry a gun on you and 99.9% of the time it will never be an issue.  The problem, as always, in NJ is getting caught carrying it or using it.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 0:16 PM, AlexTheSane said:

It's not a problem to carry one.  You could always have carried it.  Hell, you can carry a gun on you and 99.9% of the time it will never be an issue.  The problem, as always, in NJ is getting caught carrying it or using it.

I got a response from Ocean County prosecutors office, gave a very lawyer-y response. Got a response from the chief at my hometown PD, he gave a PD response. No one wants to go on record, they sidestep the question and appear to answer a question I didn't ask. From my buddy who is a prosecutor, he laughed and said that is typical. No one in law enforcement wants to give advise or let too many cats out of the bag. He predicts they'll be selling these at the boardwalk next summer. My only goal was to find out if there was a directive from the chief and/or the county. I even asked in a way that would not require a legal advise. I only wanted to know if the patrolmen and prosecutors are aware of the change and know not to arrest for simple possession, even pointed out possession for all legal purposes. My gut feeling is they know and won't make a public comment for fear that doing so will embolden people to exercise a freedom. NJ law enforcement is stuck in weird mindset. They see free America as an aberration when in fact it is NJ. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, galapoola said:

I got a response from Ocean County prosecutors office, gave a very lawyer-y response. Got a response from the chief at my hometown PD, he gave a PD response. No one wants to go on record, they sidestep the question and appear to answer a question I didn't ask. From my buddy who is a prosecutor, he laughed and said that is typical. No one in law enforcement wants to give advise or let too many cats out of the bag. He predicts they'll be selling these at the boardwalk next summer. My only goal was to find out if there was a directive from the chief and/or the county. I even asked in a way that would not require a legal advise. I only wanted to know if the patrolmen and prosecutors are aware of the change and know not to arrest for simple possession, even pointed out possession for all legal purposes. My gut feeling is they know and won't make a public comment for fear that doing so will embolden people to exercise a freedom. NJ law enforcement is stuck in weird mindset. They see free America as an aberration when in fact it is NJ. 

NJ  a freak state where the Police, Judges and Crooked politicians, feel only THEIR Lives matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

NJ  a freak state where the Police, Judges and Crooked politicians, feel only THEIR Lives matter.

That is true - speaking to a retired LEO at a gunshop - about the upcoming potential laws being brought forth - and I quote:

"As long as they exempt us - (shrugs shoulders makes face as if who cares) "

Really? Effing really !  Smh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

That is true - speaking to a retired LEO at a gunshop - about the upcoming potential laws being brought forth - and I quote:

And yet they wonder why the community doesn't trust them.  So Long as the carry an "Us vs Them" mentality instead of being part of the community, the separation will widen.

Hope mr macho man (whoever you are, Fuck you!) knows his liability is 100% his, no department covers ex-employees.

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I don't know why anybody would be surprised by this. That's the attitude of 99.5% of the of the cops in this state. Just keep exempting us from all the new laws and fix my pension. They don't give a **** about you or your rights. They are the ones who make it us vs them.

• Like 1

You guys are painting with a pretty broad fuckin' brush there. I know for a fact that any cop with an opinion like that is in the minority. 

Also, if that guy is retired - he is not exempt from anything.

Imagine if cops attitude towards all residents was formed based on Sumdood's anecdote on the internet.

You want to see where the Us Vs Them attitude is coming from - check the mirror. 

You want to know why you are getting vague responses from PDs and County Offices? Look at everyone chomping at the bit for a LEO to be wrong. You want direction on this (believe me, so do the cops) get the AG's office to put out a damn decision on this. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

You guys are painting with a pretty broad fuckin' brush there. I know for a fact that any cop with an opinion like that is in the minority. 

Imagine if cops attitude towards all residents was formed based on Sumdood's anecdote on the internet.

You want to see where the Us Vs Them attitude is coming from - check the mirror. 

You want to know why you are getting vague responses from PDs and County Offices? Look at everyone chomping at the bit for a LEO to be wrong. You want direction on this (believe me, so do the cops) get the AG's office to put out a damn decision on this. 

This 'sampling' however is not indicative of others I have spoken to - I should have made that apparent as well.  Mea culpa

There is no directive from NJ's top leos because they literaly dont know wtf to do. They have no experience granting any form of 2A rights only taking away and enforcing existing oppressions. The quick and easy answer is having our beloved gov continue his quest to improve our rights and tell the AG to get this done asap.Maybe he has....doubtful but who knows. Another thought is they're kicking this can down the road to the next administration so they own any and all circumstances related to it.

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I’d like to piggyback off this.

Several weeks back I emailed the various official documents posted here to our chief. He obtained them from me first...called around to confirm.  I’ll ck back Monday to see if our town has anything “officially”.

All of my towns guys are good.” it’s a calling “ I mostly hear as the reason for their career choice.

i don’t think I need to remind anyone here , the legislature makes the laws. It’s going to be hard to change the legislature when less than 1/3 vote.

Lets not behave like BLM or Antifa here with the us vs them rhetoric. It’s unbecoming.

• Like 2